BIG 8 - Week 6

The Hill

DIDNT YOU HAVE THAT SAME PROBLEM A COUPLE YRS AGO UP IN MARYVILLE???? :thumb: Ask MN,BA im sure they havnt FORGOT it.

Actually… our situation was a LITTLE different. We got blasted in the Semifinal round of the playoffs (one game from the big dance)… not in the annual DB FIRST ROUND BEAT DOWN BOWL. Also our loss was to the STATE CHAMPION Red Rebels… and yours was to the runner up. :thumb:

Actually… our situation was a LITTLE different. We got blasted in the Semifinal round of the playoffs (one game from the big dance)… not in the annual DB FIRST ROUND BEAT DOWN BOWL. Also our loss was to the STATE CHAMPION Red Rebels… and yours was to the runner up. :thumb:

Actually...the only situation that really matters, is what happens next week between our two teams. :thumb:

Chattanooga not much of a hot spot for high school ball. Be in Cookeville the next 2 weeks, and then Nashville the following 2 weeks. Brainerd at East Ridge was good game, but missed NETN. Should be back in Tri-Cities area in time for either the last one at TH against South or Daniel Boone at David Crockett. Someone at the Boone/Seymour game said that The ? Bowl will be nationally televised this year? If so, can someone tell me why? I'm obviously oblivious when it comes to the area. You have something special in NETN. Not just your football, but the people, landscape, and layed back life. You may catch flack from other parts of the state, but you have talent here that often gets overlooked. Thanks. Back to work.

Almost forgot. To make this post relevant to the board.

Dobyns-Bennett

Science Hill

Tennessee High

Daniel Boone

Actually...the only situation that really matters, is what happens next week between our two teams. :thumb:

If your goal for the season is to only win the Championship in a 5A Conference then I guess next weeks game is the only thing that matters. I can understand that as a DB fan you would think that way given your teams resent history. But for those of us that try to set our goals a little higher… getting to, and winning the games that will be played on November 5th is what ACTUALLY matters. So you see in THE BIG PICTURE … although I admit it will hurt a little, “the game played next week between our two teams†really don’t matter. ;)

Maaaaannnn….. you guys are too easy! I was hoping to get WaCo with that one, but Spear you let your emotions make you bite right into that big fat juicy worm….with a HOOK in it! :roflol:

If your goal for the season is to only win the Championship in a 5A Conference then I guess next weeks game is the only thing that matters. I can understand that as a DB fan you would think that way given your teams resent history. But for those of us that try to set our goals a little higher… getting to, and winning the games that will be played on November 5th is what ACTUALLY matters. So you see in THE BIG PICTURE … although I admit it will hurt a little, “the game played next week between our two teams†really don’t matter. ;)

Maaaaannnn….. you guys are too easy! I was hoping to get WaCo with that one, but Spear you let your emotions make you bite right into that big fat juicy worm….with a HOOK in it! :roflol:

Hey Carp.......I would think given your teams resent history (56-7 loss to a team in a 4A conference) that you wouldn't be thinking about winning a game on November 5th. But just like clockwork your already giving up on your teams chances on beating the Tribe and hoping someone else down the road can do it. Hey if the game doesn't matter maybe Stubbs will forfit.

Chattanooga not much of a hot spot for high school ball. Be in Cookeville the next 2 weeks, and then Nashville the following 2 weeks. Brainerd at East Ridge was good game, but missed NETN. Should be back in Tri-Cities area in time for either the last one at TH against South or Daniel Boone at David Crockett. Someone at the Boone/Seymour game said that The ? Bowl will be nationally televised this year? If so, can someone tell me why? I'm obviously oblivious when it comes to the area. You have something special in NETN. Not just your football, but the people, landscape, and layed back life. You may catch flack from other parts of the state, but you have talent here that often gets overlooked. Thanks. Back to work.

Dobyns-Bennett

Science Hill

Tennessee High

Daniel Boone

I think the best part of the area football wise is that almost every team has some story with some good history to it. DB has huge rivalries going with South and SH, but TN High also has some great rivalries with DB and South...some classics I would love to see again is Elizabethton taking on DB and Boone, and heck you can go on and on.

The fans in Northeast TN come out to the games...heck you can have huge cities where only 1000 people show up to a football game but you can go to the WORST team in the conference in upper east TN and you will always see 2000 or more showing up for games. The rivalries and talk and good and always interesting.

The only problem I see with all this is that when it comes to play teams outside the norm, teams from our area look historically bad.

Hey Carp.......I would think given your teams resent history (56-7 loss to a team in a 4A conference) that you wouldn't be thinking about winning a game on November 5th. But just like clockwork your already giving up on your teams chances on beating the Tribe and hoping someone else down the road can do it. Hey if the game doesn't matter maybe Stubbs will forfit.

I learned a long time ago (well… maybe it was 6 years ago) that while it may not be a desirable ending… there is no shame in getting spanked by a STATE Champion. Especially when there is no doubt that ANYBODY else in this conversation would meet the same result. Don’t worry… Stubbs aint gonna let your boys off the hook that easy. And I’ll be their bright and early… front and center. Or as center as you can get when the stands don’t go any further than the 35 yard line. I’m hoping we bring a BIG needle this year because the bubbles are even bigger this year then last in K-town.

Dobyns-Bennett

Science Hill

Tennessee High

Daniel Boone

I believe the game is known as The Musket Bowl . The national media must be intrigued by the names of the schools. Probably laughing at us East Tn. hillbillies. Glad you are enjoying our Friday Night LIghts atmosphere. Hope it is sincere.

Edited by crawdad