Grace @ Copper Basin

CBHS

No do you not remember all of the shredded paper going all over the field that never got completely cleaned up in 04? Thats the last time they played im sure there were more reasons than that though

I remember it quite well actually, it was in '03 by the way, the last game played in Basin. Everyone seems to forget the paper dumped on Polk's field in '02 after the Cougars' win, albeit to a much lesser extent.

The fact is this game is great for both schools and communities. At the time the series was cancelled, this game was the biggest gate for both schools by far, and I'm sure it would again be Basin's biggest gate and one of Polk's biggest (probably second or third behind Bradley and McMinn Central)if the series was resumed. It's a shame something can't be worked out to make it happen.

• Upvote 1

as long as the cougars keep blowing everybody out, then its going to be said they are playing cupcake teams. if you really wanna know how good copper basin is then hop in your car and come up here or wait three weeks until they come down to lookout valley and do what they do to the yellow jackets

Lookout Valley are down this year. I was with Roy,and his Murphy Fair Book, said that LV has no Rorex or ODell on their team.This is the first time in 6 or 7 years,that they have not had at least one on the team.

I remember it quite well actually, it was in '03 by the way, the last game played in Basin. Everyone seems to forget the paper dumped on Polk's field in '02 after the Cougars' win, albeit to a much lesser extent.

The fact is this game is great for both schools and communities. At the time the series was cancelled, this game was the biggest gate for both schools by far, and I'm sure it would again be Basin's biggest gate and one of Polk's biggest (probably second or third behind Bradley and McMinn Central)if the series was resumed. It's a shame something can't be worked out to make it happen.

ok your a freakin idiot buddy. yall have 2 times the kids we do. yall should beat us. but yall never had ultimate success. if everyone below the mountains wanted the game to happen it would. yall have more ppl on the school board so the vote will pass easy. but the fact is copper basin is the team in polk county with the best chance of winning a state championship this year and for years to come

ok your a freakin idiot buddy. yall have 2 times the kids we do. yall should beat us. but yall never had ultimate success. if everyone below the mountains wanted the game to happen it would. yall have more ppl on the school board so the vote will pass easy. but the fact is copper basin is the team in polk county with the best chance of winning a state championship this year and for years to come

The winner of the game is irrelevant. The money the game would bring in would be more than worth a loss to a quality opponent, regardless of enrollment. Why would anyone below the mountain not want the game? (I'll wait for what is sure to be an intelligent respnonse to that question.)

Polk Co. and Copper Basin have an equal chance of winning a state championship: 0%. Polk wouldn't beat Alcoa in a hundred tries and Copper Basin wouldn't beat South Pittsburgh in a hundred tries.

The winner of the game is irrelevant. The money the game would bring in would be more than worth a loss to a quality opponent, regardless of enrollment. Why would anyone below the mountain not want the game? (I'll wait for what is sure to be an intelligent respnonse to that question.)

Polk Co. and Copper Basin have an equal chance of winning a state championship: 0%. Polk wouldn't beat Alcoa in a hundred tries and Copper Basin wouldn't beat South Pittsburgh in a hundred tries.

agreed on the polk county chance and im not being bias. nobody in the state will beat alcoa but south pitt can be beat and we have a good chance of doing

Enrollment is my main issue on why the teams shouldnt play. Polk has what probably 3 or 400 more kids maybe more im not very sure on that. Maybe you can help on that lol

agreed on the polk county chance and im not being bias. nobody in the state will beat alcoa but south pitt can be beat and we have a good chance of doing

I will agree that South Pittsburg can be beat. We already lost to Baylor North, but to say Copper Basin has a good chance of doing it is a stretch. South Pittsburg, Gordonsville and Jo Byrns are 35 points better than Basin.

I will agree that South Pittsburg can be beat. We already lost to Baylor North, but to say Copper Basin has a good chance of doing it is a stretch. South Pittsburg, Gordonsville and Jo Byrns are 35 points better than Basin.

Hopefully we may get a Basin South Pitt matchup in the semis and we will be able to tell alot when Copper Basin plays Boyd in week 10

A South Pittsburg and Copper Basin matchup would be interesting. Why don't these two play during the regular season anymore? It's really not that far of a drive from South Pittsburg.

The new District Arrangement did it. So. Pittsburg will be up there to play Polk County in a couple of weeks following the Boyd Buch. game.

Edit: I used to think of the CB & PC game sort of like the Jasper-South Pittsburg Game.

Edited by rlh

Please show me where beating Taft, Towns, and Andrews equals anything close to a sign of consistent success at the high school level. Those teams, like yours for the past 5 years, can hardly line down.

I used to think of the CB & PC game sort of like the Jasper-South Pittsburg Game.

It was until Copper Hill decided to move the series to coacht instead of the actual football field.

A South Pittsburg and Copper Basin matchup would be interesting.

Interesting only for bookies wondering if they could actually set the line for a hs playoff game at -137.

Polk, with about 550 roughly, just mauled 1500-student Walker Valley. There's more to having good teams than enrollment though of course it's a factor.

Stop making so much sense, this thread has gone on WAYY too long without facts.