POWELL @ HARDIN VALLEY

PhatCat

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell had a slight letdown against Karns last week, but their defense picked up the slack with 2 picks for TDs, a blocked punt, and just solid D all night long not allowing Karns to score against their first string. I don't think Powell can get by with a letdown game against H.V. They are also undefeated in the district and don't want to let go of the top spot.

What does everyone think? :popcorneater:

Matt, please don't letem get the fat-head & get above their "raizins".

Last week's outcome for the Panthers was a result of my biggest fear for this team - complacency. Hopefully, those struggles proved that you have to work equally hard each and every week, no matter who you are playing. Don't get me wrong, a win is still a win, and it even earned them #1 accolades from the AP, but Hardin Valley will definitely provide a stiff test for Powell. Hopefully the Panthers will be mentally prepared not only this week, but each remaining week this season.

Edited by osunut2

I am saying Powell beats Hardin Valley 42-10. It will not be as close as people think because HV has no QB and they cannot throw the ball. From what it looks like nobody can score on Powell and I really doubt it that HV can just run the ball and beat them. Powell will stack the box and dare HV to throw. HV showed they will struggle now not having a QB just beating a bad central team 10-0. HV true colors will show friday and people will realize they are not as good as advertised. This game could get ugly fast!

I still don't know what to think. Motivation shouldn't be an issue this week for Powell, but I believe the jury is still out on how good Hardin Valley really is. They are obviously better than last year, but they haven't really seen a great team yet. They played West close, who has been their toughest opponent so far. They did put up 56 points against Campbell County, but the Cougars are horrible. HVA looked unimpressive against Central, who has also been awful (with the exception of the Mo West game). They managed to edge an average Clinton team, and their only other win was against a bad Carter team.

It'll be interesting to see if HVA can duplicate what Karns did against Powell last week, but I don't expect the Panther offense to look that out of sync for a second week in a row.