BA vs. ENSWORTH

BAEagleFootball

Ensworth played a great ball game and I don't want to take that from them

However, BA had 4 interceptions and missed numerous assignments(unlike this years team)

Even with those obstacles BA had a chance to tie it up after executing a wonderful 2 minute drive but threw another pick

I have watched the game 3 times down and there is no way that there was no pass interference on that last play. Sutton was clearly knocked down by 2 defenders while the ball was in the air

However the game is over and I can't change the past

Again hats off to ensworth but I feel BA lost this game for themselves(sorry still frustrated)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great game....one of the best I've seen in a while. This one was played at a really high level on both sides.

BA's campus is terrific. When was the new building on the opposite side of the stands built? It looks terrifc with the lighting. Great crowd as well...of course, the whole night made me laugh about some of the comical "debates" we've had on the public-private board with guys like Rick regarding the status of D2 and the absurd Tuesday and Wednesday night championship games, like of TV coverage, etc. The stands were packed with 2 of the biggest brands in the biggest market in TN (I'll leave the "affluence" factor out). The game was covered on both TV and radio. I've watched all those Thursday night games and that's by far the biggest crowd that's been on hand for any of them. It was truly standing room only. That is an advertising/marketing goldmine, but I'm sure we'll hear great "theories" from Rick about how the advertisers checked the attendance of D2 the BCB in Cookeville and decided not to televise our championships... :roflol:

Potter puts a lot of pressure on the QB position. I think #10 for BA is really a good one. He has a lot of responsibility every play with option reads, passing, etc., especially with the hurry-up offense they use. Maybe too much; hence the mistakes early. BA seemed to have the game in hand after the early misues and seemed to be wearing EHS down. I thought BA would run away with it in the second half but credit the EHS defense for hanging tough and bottling up the speedy BA backs. They are so fast and physical on defense. Still I thought Potter's gameplan was a good one as they were putting a lot pressure on the EHS defense with so many snaps. EHS looked gassed at the end of the 1st half.

Bowers is so much like Flatt. They play hard, disciplined football and sort of bide their time until an opponent makes the mistake. Ricky keeps it simple on offense. And Potter/BA flinched late in the game with the last int.

The long hair and earrings and all that...I guess that's what Tommy Frist and Ricky want over there. It is what it is, I suppose. Glad to hear the BA folks I sat with noticed it also, and generally share the same opinions about EHS that I have.

I haven't posted on here in probably 2-3 years, but I love football. I happen to know one of the Ensworth's "best" starters that has long hair - and he is the kind of gentleman that you'd like your daughter to date. He is intelligent, a musician, and his demeanor is always of the highest order. He is a really good football player who considers himself much more than a football player, but a young man with a broad array of endeavors, all of which he pursues passionately.

Regarding the earrings, I personally would not tolerate them, and as far as I know Coach Bowers has never changed his stance on earrings, so if so many are so sure that Ensworth players were wearing earrings, please let us know what #s were wearing them, since the translation of so many posts indicated that "certain" players wore earrings. I say this, because (in a funny way), if the players that made the plays were wearing earrings, it would probably be hard to tell, because Ensworth has to have their "playmakers" play on both sides of the ball, meaning that their helmets never came off. Unless you have superman vision, how would you know that they were wearing earrings? Let's get real, Ensworth only has about 20 football players with a roster of only 50 or so, and I swear they have as many players in no pads (I guess they're injured) as any team I've ever seen.

I guess my big question is this: Does long hair or ear rings make you a bad person? With BA being a Christian institution, I am surprised that BA parents were talking about Ensworth's players' hair length? From all accounts, Jesus Christ had long hair. You can love, serve, and worship Jesus with long hair and ear rings. If not, you should go out west and tell a lot of Cherokees, Creeks, and Choctaws this - because many of them are serving God with long hair and ear rings.

Be careful how you judge, for it will be judged back to you. That's not me, but Matthew (through the Holy Spirit).

I hope all have a well rested weekend. Ensworth and BA have a lot of work to do. When you compare our top teams with other states, they all need to get better. Hopefully, all teams progress throughout the second half of the season. There has been a lot of sloppy football. I hope no Tennessee teams travel to Texas, because that could truly be ugly. If you want to see how good teams are, don't watch the ball, watch the line of scrimmage. Each play is won on the line of scrimmage. The line of scrimmage is won on the first step. Yes, we are talking about nothing more than a 6" step. Whoever makes that step in the right direction and the most quickly wins the line of scrimmage - and usually wins the play.

God Bless all of our readers tonight.

Edited by Grey Ghost

I watched this one on Television. I thought it was one of the better high school games I have seen in a while. The game was played fast, and I think that is where Ensworth won this one. Fast Ensworth Defense neutralized the fast Offense of BA. BA showed a lot of heart on that last drive, moving down the field very quickly with minimal time remaining. Ensworth made that "one more play" that sealed the deal. I look forward to MBA versus BA to help clarify (or muddy) the picture.

Was this game on local network TV in Nashville? I went crazy searching the websites of both schools and found nothing.

Be careful how you judge, for it will be judged back to you. That's not me, but Matthew (through the Holy Spirit).

Classic! Now, that's funny. We are definitely in the South when god and judgement infiltrate a HS football forum. Your statement from Matthew (I'll take your word on it) is one that does not get enough air time in the pulpit down here. This is a very unforgiving society that passes judgement quickly and harshly.

It seems to me that this forum is about football, not hairstyles or earrings.

The game was fantastic! I thought BA was out of it early, but give them a lot of credit for remaining calm and executing the game plan to get back into it and actually take over the game for a while. Ensworth looks really athletic at all positions. BA's speed is unequaled; I was shocked that two BA players tracked the Ensworth defender down on the interception play; they closed VERY quickly.

I've now seen Ensworth, BA, MBA, and McCallie play, and I must say that BA and Ensworth seem to be the ones that are playing the best ball at this point. I'd like to see Baylor play in person to get a feel for how good they really are. I hope that we get to see a rematch of this one in the playoffs.

I'm actually surprised it took someone from EHS as long as it did to go "there." I don't recall seeing any BA players, regardless of cultural background, with hair hanging out of their helmets or wearing earrings. I have no idea why you people are so trigger happy at EHS with this stuff...

So what, why should Ensworth, a school that was founded in 2002, copy every social and cultural norm adopted by its white flight independent school peers. Hats off to Ensworth. I have a friend who plays football for Stanford and his hair is very long. He is an engineering major with an impressive gpa. I'm not sure why length of hair, or even an earring for that matter should be so controversial in 2010. Neither one, in my mind, are indicators of anything evil or immoral. Guys, surely you don't think that anyone who wears an earring or chooses to wear longer hair has to a bad citizen or is untrustworthy. Some of the finest and most creative citizens in this country have longer hair. These include scholars, entertainers, and poets, to name but a few. And guess what...if you choose to look carefully in the SEC, ACC, Big Ten, and NFL you will see a diverse range of hair styles. Come out of the cave! The world is so much larger than a handful of white flight enclaves. I am really astonished that this is our discussion.....

I haven't posted on here in probably 2-3 years, but I love football. I happen to know one of the Ensworth's "best" starters that has long hair - and he is the kind of gentleman that you'd like your daughter to date. He is intelligent, a musician, and his demeanor is always of the highest order. He is a really good football player who considers himself much more than a football player, but a young man with a broad array of endeavors, all of which he pursues passionately.

Regarding the earrings, I personally would not tolerate them, and as far as I know Coach Bowers has never changed his stance on earrings, so if so many are so sure that Ensworth players were wearing earrings, please let us know what #s were wearing them, since the translation of so many posts indicated that "certain" players wore earrings. I say this, because (in a funny way), if the players that made the plays were wearing earrings, it would probably be hard to tell, because Ensworth has to have their "playmakers" play on both sides of the ball, meaning that their helmets never came off. Unless you have superman vision, how would you know that they were wearing earrings? Let's get real, Ensworth only has about 20 football players with a roster of only 50 or so, and I swear they have as many players in no pads (I guess they're injured) as any team I've ever seen.

I guess my big question is this: Does long hair or ear rings make you a bad person? With BA being a Christian institution, I am surprised that BA parents were talking about Ensworth's players' hair length? From all accounts, Jesus Christ had long hair. You can love, serve, and worship Jesus with long hair and ear rings. If not, you should go out west and tell a lot of Cherokees, Creeks, and Choctaws this - because many of them are serving God with long hair and ear rings.

I hope all have a well rested weekend. Ensworth and BA have a lot of work to do. When you compare our top teams with other states, they all need to get better. Hopefully, all teams progress throughout the second half of the season. There has been a lot of sloppy football. I hope no Tennessee teams travel to Texas, because that could truly be ugly. If you want to see how good teams are, don't watch the ball, watch the line of scrimmage. Each play is won on the line of scrimmage. The line of scrimmage is won on the first step. Yes, we are talking about nothing more than a 6" step. Whoever makes that step in the right direction and the most quickly wins the line of scrimmage - and usually wins the play.

God Bless all of our readers tonight.

So what, why should Ensworth, a school that was founded in 2002, copy every social and cultural norm adopted by its white flight independent school peers. Hats off to Ensworth. I have a friend who plays football for Stanford and his hair is very long. He is an engineering major with an impressive gpa. I'm not sure why length of hair, or even an earring for that matter should be so controversial in 2010. Neither one, in my mind, are indicators of anything evil or immoral. Guys, surely you don't think that anyone who wears an earring or chooses to wear longer hair has to a bad citizen or is untrustworthy. Some of the finest and most creative citizens in this country have longer hair. These include scholars, entertainers, and poets, to name but a few. And guess what...if you choose to look carefully in the SEC, ACC, Big Ten, and NFL you will see a diverse range of hair styles. Come out of the cave! The world is so much larger than a handful of white flight enclaves. I am really astonished that this is our discussion.....

I have my own thoughts about hair and earrings (and proper attire) on students representing a school, and they're irrelevant to pretty much anything. But your uninformed characterization of the writers in this thread, and the schools they represent, is offensive. Let's consider some dates of founding here:

MBA-1867

Baylor-1893

McCallie-1905

Father Ryan-1929

MUS-1893

CBHS-1871

BGA-1889

BA, Briarcrest, and JP II are all under 40 yrs old, though if one were fleeing school integration, a look at their studnet bodies would suggest that these schools are very poor choices. As for the others, with the exception of Ryan, they all predate Brown v Topeka Board of Education by at least half a century. Ryan maintained a separate athletic program for its black students; their nickname was the "Black Panthers," to contrast them from Ryan's other teams, whose nickname at the time was "the Panthers."

Desegregation in Nashville was completed by the 1969 school year, finishing the "grade at a time" scheme begun in 1957. So...before you in a not so subtle way imply that the founding of these fine institutions have their grounding in racist motives, have some evidence on which to back it.

this isn't my 1st post. I had a username before and somehow the password is locked. I can assure you I have some ill feelings towards Ensworth myself......but this "earring" thing is ridiculous.....

The same thing happened to me. Ready to get a new username, I emailed Coach T and he corrected it instantly.

I have my own thoughts about hair and earrings (and proper attire) on students representing a school, and they're irrelevant to pretty much anything. But your uninformed characterization of the writers in this thread, and the schools they represent, is offensive. Let's consider some dates of founding here:

MBA-1867

Baylor-1893

McCallie-1905

Father Ryan-1929

MUS-1893

CBHS-1871

BGA-1889

BA, Briarcrest, and JP II are all under 40 yrs old, though if one were fleeing school integration, a look at their studnet bodies would suggest that these schools are very poor choices. As for the others, with the exception of Ryan, they all predate Brown v Topeka Board of Education by at least half a century. Ryan maintained a separate athletic program for its black students; their nickname was the "Black Panthers," to contrast them from Ryan's other teams, whose nickname at the time was "the Panthers."

Desegregation in Nashville was completed by the 1969 school year, finishing the "grade at a time" scheme begun in 1957. So...before you in a not so subtle way imply that the founding of these fine institutions have their grounding in racist motives, have some evidence on which to back it.

Great response to poster "ojsimpson" who has posted twice from prison in his first week on the threads. I smell a rat with an agenda.

Edited by owlbooster

To whom it may concern: One of the "thugs" with long hair for EHS is #2, Natambu Fentress. He is one of the most looked-up-to people in the entire school. He is the most well-spoken man I have talked to. He has a great sense of humor and a heart of gold. He has spent his last few summers working at an Ensworth program called Kids Academy. In this program they bus in kids from rural areas (almost all of which are below the poverty line) and teach them skills like math and reading until lunch. After lunch, they play games or go on field trips. He is also a leader in Project TALK. How dare you criticize a young man like him because he has "long hair." You ought to be ashamed of how narrow-minded you are.