Camden Hosts Montgomery Central

Squanto

Well I was waiting for someone else to make this post, but I guess I'll go ahead and get it started. Two teams with the best overall records in their district (Montgomery Central 4-1 & Camden 5-0). Both are wing-t teams. Central has shown a lot of improvement this year, but can they match up to the speed of Camden?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Camden's second string.

Ok. I get it. Camden is a team who should go far this year. I don't think its too far-fetched to say that they better not overlook a well coached, well disciplined Central football team. True, they may not have the athletes that Camden has, but you forget that this time last year (going into halftime), Central was beating Camden 7-6. I'm not down playing Camden by any means, but I do think they will have to play their starters the whole time if they(Camden) want to win. Central will have to play mistake free football the entire night and force turnovers on defense. Offensively, they'll need to also be on their A-game (which it has improved over the past several games). Let's bring it home BIG RED!!!!

I'm looking for this to be a competitive game. Montgomery Central has improved alot with new coaching and a new scheme that doesn't require huge lineman. Seems like everyone is giving Camden their very best shot week-in, week-out this season and I don't expect this week to be any different.

The big question is can Camden play a cleaner, more effective game than they have in previous weeks? Camden is a big-play team and big-play teams scare the crap outta me. Find a team with comparable strength and speed who can shut down the big play and you're in a world of hurt. This week I'm looking for Camden to limit the mental mistakes and have some sustained, clock-eating drives without shooting themselves in the foot with dumb penalties. Also, can the Lions stay focused during Homecoming week? Stay tuned...

Ok. I get it. Camden is a team who should go far this year. I don't think its too far-fetched to say that they better not overlook a well coached, well disciplined Central football team. True, they may not have the athletes that Camden has, but you forget that this time last year (going into halftime), Central was beating Camden 7-6. I'm not down playing Camden by any means, but I do think they will have to play their starters the whole time if they(Camden) want to win. Central will have to play mistake free football the entire night and force turnovers on defense. Offensively, they'll need to also be on their A-game (which it has improved over the past several games). Let's bring it home BIG RED!!!!

Pride 36 is a Stewart Co. poster so take that comment for what it's worth. No true Camden fan is overlooking MC, and especially not the Lion coaches and players. I'm hoping for a good, hard-hitting, injury free game myself. Have a safe trip and see ya Friday night. :thumb:

Camde is a team of big plays, that's true. Most fast teams are but they have the ability to pound it in for 3 to 5 yards a carry if the offensive line can open a few holes. The Westview game is an example of that. MC is not a pushover. I was at the game last year and they played hard. I expect the same from them this year. That being said, Ward and company will be prepared. I don't believe you will see the slow start this week. I pray for a good hard fought game with no injuries.

38-21 Camden

Camden Central is 6-0 but they do have a difficult final month of the season schedule remaining in games with Montgomery Central, Waverly Central, Cheatham County, & Creek Wood. All 4 of those teams are fighting for their playoff lives and will not "roll over" because they are big underdogs against one of the state's better teams.

Montgomery Central is much improved and if anyone remembers correctly they did give Camden Central all kinds of trouble for 2.5 quarters in last year's contest. The Lions better not overlook them or they will lose.

Indian fans...let's not get too carried away! I'm sure given some of MCCHS's recent history, this 4-1 start is most exciting for many and it should be! HOWEVER..let's review what's happened so far this season.

First, the Indians "barely squeaked by" (7-6)what's I'm sure an big rivarly game against Clarksville Academy..the only other Clarksville school that's not a member of District 10-AAA and who after starting the season 0-3 have found 2 wins over Stewart Co. and White House Heritage!

Secondly, the Indians lost game 2 to West Creek...the Coyotes...which "technically" is West Creek's ONLY win since they had to vacate their opening win over Cannon County!...really..West Creek? C'mon MAN!!

Third, MCC showed out against Houston County 39-0...however, the Irish have yet to win one!

Next, the Central Indians defeated possibly their toughest opponent so far by defeating the Cheatham County Cubs apparently in a head knocker on the road in Ashland City! The Cubs are 3-3 and seem to be descent at best..given the fact that the Indians again "sneaked by" 28-27 moving to 1-0 in the District!

Lastly, MCCHS knocked of East Hickman in Lyles, TN, 20-12 moving to 4-1 on the season while the East Hickman Eagles are still awaiting their 1st win!

So Prez...what are you saying?? I'm saying that Friday's game "ain't gonna be pretty"! That's what I'm saying! MCCHS..hey..i'm glad you are having a successful season..given the challenges with the "youth football arrangement" in Clarksville, it's definately something to be proud of! But, the Prez is just stating the unpopular facts leading up to Friday's Indian/Lion showdown...and I just can't see the Indians putting on much of a show!

Indian fans...let's not get too carried away! I'm sure given some of MCCHS's recent history, this 4-1 start is most exciting for many and it should be! HOWEVER..let's review what's happened so far this season.

First, the Indians "barely squeaked by" (7-6)what's I'm sure an big rivarly game against Clarksville Academy..the only other Clarksville school that's not a member of District 10-AAA and who after starting the season 0-3 have found 2 wins over Stewart Co. and White House Heritage!

Secondly, the Indians lost game 2 to West Creek...the Coyotes...which "technically" is West Creek's ONLY win since they had to vacate their opening win over Cannon County!...really..West Creek? C'mon MAN!!

Third, MCC showed out against Houston County 39-0...however, the Irish have yet to win one!

Next, the Central Indians defeated possibly their toughest opponent so far by defeating the Cheatham County Cubs apparently in a head knocker on the road in Ashland City! The Cubs are 3-3 and seem to be descent at best..given the fact that the Indians again "sneaked by" 28-27 moving to 1-0 in the District!

Lastly, MCCHS knocked of East Hickman in Lyles, TN, 20-12 moving to 4-1 on the season while the East Hickman Eagles are still awaiting their 1st win!

So Prez...what are you saying?? I'm saying that Friday's game "ain't gonna be pretty"! That's what I'm saying! MCCHS..hey..i'm glad you are having a successful season..given the challenges with the "youth football arrangement" in Clarksville, it's definately something to be proud of! But, the Prez is just stating the unpopular facts leading up to Friday's Indian/Lion showdown...and I just can't see the Indians putting on much of a show!

Hey Prez. First of all it is MCHS. Not MCCHS. We are not the county high school. hence, MCHS. Secondly we are not the pits of the high school football world now, and we have a long way to go in establishing our football program as a dominate program. The previous "squeaker" games we had with CA was riddled with penalties and three TD's were called back due to penalties. Should have been a blow out. The Cheatham game was close and in previous years the Indians would have crumbled. Not any more. East Hickman's record of 0-5 is not deserved, they played much better against the Indians. Central's coaching staff, players, and community are "all in" and on a mission. Now as for Camden. Speed, talent, and excellent coaching. All three both the Indians and Camden have to a degree. All ingredients for a state championship team. They will not over look the Indians and they may win the game. You never know how the ball will bounce. A cornered dog is very dangerous, especially if you have it's favorite bone!