Camden Hosts Montgomery Central

Squanto

Careful there Matt_8777...McKenzie (the 1A team you are referring to) is pretty good but..let's not accuse them of being the Green Bay Packers..they are a "good" 1A team..not an "awesome" 1A team...let's not predict what they'd do against the 2A (that is what Camden & MCHS are until the playoffs)Indians or anyone else.

Secondly Matt...in fact, the Westview Chargers are indeed only .500 with losses to McKenzie, Camden, and (an excellent) Memphis Trezevant squad makes them 3-3 on the season..(which in baseball terms would be .500)!

Iceman...great post and you are CORRECT..i added one too many "C's" in MCHS's title...i do appologize AND like I SAID..the execitment is apparent, your coaches and community have a right to be proud...but penalties and mistakes are indeed stumbling blocks and limit a team's effeciency THEREFORE, they can actually remove points from the scoreboard regardless of how many time your offense moves up and down the field! Scores DO NOT count if called back on a penalty..(usually..penalties are the reason for the score) thus they are "called back"!

Iceman..you can defend the East Hickman Eagles til week 10...I'm sure they have a great group of young men..however, they have played 5 games and lost all 5! As a matter of fact, East Hickman represents Loretto's ONLY win on the season! I'll give you Fairview..( i assume they are descent sense they are 5-0) but..let's not kid ourselves..these schedules aren't "sweat breakers"!

Speaking of schedules..hateitorloveit...Camden (with the exception of Bruceton-Hollow Rock) strives to play a more difficult schedule than what they see in their district to prepare them for the Milans, Goodpastures, and CAKs that they perhaps may see in the playoffs! Again, many make the mistake of using "playoff classifications" as a barometer of toughness when in reality, there are "right now" only 3 classes in D-I!

I can assure you that the only "pushover" on the Lion's non-district schedule is in fact the Central Tigers from Bruceton! Oh..although it may seem that I spent hours upon hours of research, it didn't take all that long to figure out the wins and losses on MCHS schedule and who on the schedule are actually "players" and who are not! And let me ASSURE EVERYONE..that Clarksville Academy and West Creek are NOT contenders at ANY level! Therefore a 7-6 win over Clarksville Academy is a "SQUEAKER" and the loss to West Creek is a reason to "hide your face" regardless of penalties, turnovers, injuries, bus breaking down, band too loud, food poisoning, etc, etc.!!

Some on here may feel that I dislike or have an axe to grind against the Indians which couldn't be further from the truth! I simply like the Lions in this particular match up and expect most will notice the seperation in the two programs after Friday night but..MCHS still has a much improved team and I hope the will continue to improve...i just wish the other Clarksville programs would take notice and follow suit!!

Prez? I really do like you...I think that you think we don't. I really do enjoy reading your posts. I will agree with you in the fact that MCHS has not played a tough of schedule as Camden has, and yes, we should have won the West Creek Game. But hey, right now we're 4-1 so we're gonna ride that wagon into the sunset!! I know 4-1, 5-0, 6-0 is par for the course for you guys, but we're real excited about our Indians this year!! Best of luck to Camden this year (other than this Friday). I really do think you guys have a shot of making it to state if you can keep everyone healthy going into the playoffs. That's the biggest obstacle teams face in the post-season. Here at Central, we're hoping to not get the 'injury bug' this second half of the season. I do think we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs to this year. Time will tell...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lions4ever......Camden, Westview and Milan are all fairly close. Camden and Westview

were picked to be the teams to beat in WTN and everyone thought Milan was a year away

with all the young players. But, "not so fast my friend", our Soph. QB is gonna be

D-1 in a few years, at 6'2" 210 lbs he's got a cannon arm and getting better by the day.

Our Soph. RB who plays alot of snaps will be a great one also. We also have a D-line,

with UK signee Coleman leading the way, that is very tough to run through or around.

Milan has zero pressure and with our coaching staff and some older players at the right

spots, we will indeed be tough to beat by the end of the year.

If the young PURPLE PACK rolls into Camden and lays down a beating, that my friend

will be a tough pill to swallow. The Camden team will feel the pressure of the whole

town, funny how pressure has away of getting to ya....some teams thrive on it, and some

teams never get past the 3rd RD.

Hope to see you in Camden.

P.S. You guys are not still running the Wing-T are ya? It didn't work so well last time.

Lions4ever......Camden, Westview and Milan are all fairly close. Camden and Westview

were picked to be the teams to beat in WTN and everyone thought Milan was a year away

with all the young players. But, "not so fast my friend", our Soph. QB is gonna be

D-1 in a few years, at 6'2" 210 lbs he's got a cannon arm and getting better by the day.

Our Soph. RB who plays alot of snaps will be a great one also. We also have a D-line,

with UK signee Coleman leading the way, that is very tough to run through or around.

Milan has zero pressure and with our coaching staff and some older players at the right

If the young PURPLE PACK rolls into Camden and lays down a beating, that my friend

will be a tough pill to swallow. The Camden team will feel the pressure of the whole

town, funny how pressure has away of getting to ya....some teams thrive on it, and some

P.S. You guys are not still running the Wing-T are ya? It didn't work so well last time.

:roflol: Talking smack so early. We both gotta get there first before we worry about playing each other. Ya know, I'm sure the Dawgs are getting better every week, but did you really think that the Lions are at a standstill and are as good as they're gonna get? You really are a funny dude...seriously :bored:

Edited by Lions4ever

Hey..thanks for the Milan Bulldog update...we are all thankful to hear this news bulletin...I glanced over at the Ripley vs. Milan thread hoping to read some news on Camden...funny thing...there wasn't any...can you explain?

Edited by QBClubPrez

QB-PEREZ-HILTON.......You must have missed the Camden update on the Ripley vs Milan thread.

I can save you some time, the update explains how Camden is just as predictable as last year,

and how simple their playbook seems to be. Being out-coached in the playoffs really sucks!!!

Funny thing about the playoffs..and really all of high school sports...When a team does not win, it's always the coach's fault! I can assure you of this..not being from Camden or Milan...Camden may indeed lose a game in the later rounds of the playoffs....but it won't be from being "out coached"! No, Ward is not perfect..neither is Morris.....they are both execellent football coaches and molders of young men! I can tell by your post...you played for neither of these men!

swingjuice..you are wiser than I give you credit for...there you have me acknowledging your Dawgs on this..the Lion/Indian thread tonite! Good luck tonite Indian fans..enjoy your time in Camden..it's a great football town!!

Camden takes care of business on Homecoming night with a final score of Lions 39-0 over the Indians of Montgomery Central.

Glad to see a 4 quarter game put together by Camden. Gotta love the passing game that's developing for the Lions and so many weapons to choose from...looking good :thumb:

Hope for a fast recovery for one of Camden's youngsters #69 who was injured tonight.