Ensworth is coming on.....

Rainwater

After watching last night, and last week vs. Smyrna...looks like the Tigers are coming on. The off weeks have helped. Ensworth is a different team that what they were in Week 0. It looks like the Tigers are buying into Wade on offense. The guy wasn't a Division I football recruit, but the bottom line is he can coach football. He has 6 rings at 3 different schools. And 2 of those schools hadn't won ANYTHING until he got there. Ensworth might be next in line if they keep playing like this.....

MBA is going to be a tough task, as well as MUS, but I wouldn't count the Tigers out yet.

Edited by SmokeStackI

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Wade is the best recruit Bowers has ever brought in to ENSWORTH!! Seriously, he has upgraded the football program and you can expect that he will get them over the hump. Bowers needs to swallow some pride and realize that he is not the best coach in the world and that his ego cost him both the football and basketball playoff games last year to the same school!! Not sure if the football team would have won the state, beating MUS would have been tough, but the basketball team definately should have. He needs to either pick a sport and go with it or just become the AD and hire some new blood in there.

Coach Wade is the best recruit Bowers has ever brought in to ENSWORTH!! Seriously, he has upgraded the football program and you can expect that he will get them over the hump. Bowers needs to swallow some pride and realize that he is not the best coach in the world and that his ego cost him both the football and basketball playoff games last year to the same school!! Not sure if the football team would have won the state, beating MUS would have been tough, but the basketball team definately should have. He needs to either pick a sport and go with it or just become the AD and hire some new blood in there.

Big Ens....now Coach Bowers does deserve some credit. The school has done remarkable for only competing for 4 years. I think making the Wade hire was a sign that "he doesn't know it all" and has "swallowed some pride"...All coaches have an ego, if not they would not be coaching......For the record, Coach Bowers is 32-7 at Ensworth in football. And in basketball at Ensworth, he's already won 1 state title. Could they have won it last year? Sure. But MBA was also a great team.

It could not matter less that Ensworth is coming on because they cant recruit enough to beat MBA.

If they dont win again this year, Im sure Ricky Bowers will have some fresh new recruits from California and Arizona come in.

All D-II schools "recruit".....Brentwood Academy has been doing it for years. So has MBA. Everyone likes to get at the "Dirty E", they have just figure it out and maximized the potential of D-II.

All D-II schools "recruit".....Brentwood Academy has been doing it for years. So has MBA. Everyone likes to get at the "Dirty E", they have just figure it out and maximized the potential of D-II.

Yes recruiting goes on in DII. Now some obviously are better at it then other (Ens, BA), but it does go on. Truthfully these schools are targeted primarily because the amount of African American's on the field, when both are primarily white. Now am I saying that all the black kids are there to play football? NO. NO. NO. There are many kids their for academics, arts, sports, or all three. BA and Ensworth are just generally targeted because the amount of black football players, and because their both always good teams, and people will find excuses when they loose.

Big Ens....now Coach Bowers does deserve some credit. The school has done remarkable for only competing for 4 years. I think making the Wade hire was a sign that "he doesn't know it all" and has "swallowed some pride"...All coaches have an ego, if not they would not be coaching......For the record, Coach Bowers is 32-7 at Ensworth in football. And in basketball at Ensworth, he's already won 1 state title. Could they have won it last year? Sure. But MBA was also a great team.

Good to see them get better as the season progresses. Not so sure they would have done any better against MUS last year. The guy from Rivals says that MUS teams was one of the best he has seen in 10 years. Going 13-0 with that schedule last year was pretty impressive. Good luck to Ensworth in the playoffs this year.

Good to see them get better as the season progresses. Not so sure they would have done any better against MUS last year. The guy from Rivals says that MUS teams was one of the best he has seen in 10 years. Going 13-0 with that schedule last year was pretty impressive. Good luck to Ensworth in the playoffs this year.

Ensworth is not coming on, and I don't mean that in the negative way it sounds at first read. They were never "off." A 13 point loss to Oakland is hardly reason to think the sky is falling. They lost a close one to MBA, but that was simply a matter of turn-overs. You never want to lose to a rival, but if you follow the game, you know a rivalry game is seldom anybody's best work.

From my view, neither the win against Smyrna nor the win at BA was an upset. A look at Ensworth's team, and a grasp of the coaching acumen there, and you have to conclude had the team to be competitive in both games.

It should make for an interesting end to the season.

If everybody does it, I'm sure you wouldn't mind offering some concrete examples. I'll even simplify it for you. Let's drop off the class A schools, and eliminate Memphis and Chattanooga schhols as well. Just offer us some good saolid evidence (naming names of course, but I know a serious poster like yourself wouldn't traffic in scurrilous rumors anyway) of recruiting at MBA, BA, Ensworth, Father Ryan or JP II.

If everybody does it, I'm sure you wouldn't mind offering some concrete examples. I'll even simplify it for you. Let's drop off the class A schools, and eliminate Memphis and Chattanooga schhols as well. Just offer us some good saolid evidence (naming names of course, but I know a serious poster like yourself wouldn't traffic in scurrilous rumors anyway) of recruiting at MBA, BA, Ensworth, Father Ryan or JP II.

I don't think I have to name names to prove evidence. Everyone knows it. The thing is, the rules are all equal for every team in D-II. Why do people complain about it? The financial aid is from a 3rd party. Whether your school chooses to give the maximum qualified for is up to them. Some schools (BA, Ensworth, MBA) do, some schools simply do not, or won't.

I don't think I have to name names to prove evidence. Everyone knows it. The thing is, the rules are all equal for every team in D-II. Why do people complain about it? The financial aid is from a 3rd party. Whether your school chooses to give the maximum qualified for is up to them. Some schools (BA, Ensworth, MBA) do, some schools simply do not, or won't.

So you've got nothing. As i thought.

I agree with KW...offer up proof of recruiting and offer up proof of "give the maximum qualified" and then.... everybody will know it. Please name names and name where the information was obtained. Otherwise rumors will be that just that rumors.

You need to define "recruiting".

Is it, a coach who invites prospective students to come to their school we will pay your tutition?

Is it, we have an open house at our school, you are invited to drop by and check us out?

Is it, the head coach, AD, and headmaster meeting at an abandon warehouse off Murfreesboro road with a briefcase of money?

Is it, a parent of a current student that goes to youth sport games with a clipboard and writes down the stud athletes and forwards to the school AD?

Is it, a parent that talks to his neighbor about their kids attending the school?

Is it, a recruiting party at Chucky Cheese?

Is it, a dinner or lunch at the house of the head coach?

Is it, tickets to a Titan game?

Is it, gifts given to the prospective students, such as t-shirts, hats or hoodies?

Is it, a letter to the kid from the schools admission office.

Is it, a kid just wanting to go to that school and shows up at a sporting event?

Come on Smoke give us some examples, we need to know!

By the way very few schools provide max financial aid, need proof, call the admission offices and I ask...I did.

Edited by shakinthefat