Ensworth is coming on.....

Rainwater

I agree with KW...offer up proof of recruiting and offer up proof of "give the maximum qualified" and then.... everybody will know it. Please name names and name where the information was obtained. Otherwise rumors will be that just that rumors.

You need to define "recruiting".

Is it, a coach who invites prospective students to come to their school we will pay your tutition?

Is it, we have an open house at our school, you are invited to drop by and check us out?

Is it, the head coach, AD, and headmaster meeting at an abandon warehouse off Murfreesboro road with a briefcase of money?

Is it, a parent of a current student that goes to youth sport games with a clipboard and writes down the stud athletes and forwards to the school AD?

Is it, a parent that talks to his neighbor about their kids attending the school?

Is it, a recruiting party at Chucky Cheese?

Is it, a dinner or lunch at the house of the head coach?

Is it, tickets to a Titan game?

Is it, gifts given to the prospective students, such as t-shirts, hats or hoodies?

Is it, a letter to the kid from the schools admission office.

Is it, a kid just wanting to go to that school and shows up at a sporting event?

Come on Smoke give us some examples, we need to know!

By the way very few schools provide max financial aid, need proof, call the admission offices and I ask...I did.

Very few schools do offer max financial aid. However the ones that do are mentioned in this thread. All I'm saying is that it's a level playing field, why is everyone complaining about it? If your school isn't competing at a high level, then your coach doesn't have the right network. They can be great at X's and O's, but if you don't have the horses to compete then you are up a creek without a paddle. I would bet Coach Rutledge is finding that out about right now.

Edited by SmokeStackI

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very few schools do offer max financial aid. However the ones that do are mentioned in this thread. All I'm saying is that it's a level playing field, why is everyone complaining about it? If your school isn't competing at a high level, then your coach doesn't have the right network. They can be great at X's and O's, but if you don't have the horses to compete then you are up a creek without a paddle. I would bet Coach Rutledge is finding that out about right now.

Still waiting for you to come up with a name...just one.

Poor Coach Rutledge has no network. Guess Coach Brothers only had the "Tate" network.

Still waiting for you to come up with a name...just one.

Well "recruiting" consists of finding good players, or high potential players, informing them about your school, and maybe throwing in a hint that you will have to pay little money. A good example of this is Antonio Richardson. Now Ensworth has given him much better academics, and a spot on the national scene, so of course he would want to go there. But the recruiting aspect comes into play when maybe a student would not be accepted to the school if he was not a superior athlete. Is that "recruiting", no I do not really think so. But an effort is definer made to get schools names out to good athletes (MBA's backfield in motion is a great way to help the city and do this).

• 2 weeks later...

Well "recruiting" consists of finding good players, or high potential players, informing them about your school, and maybe throwing in a hint that you will have to pay little money. A good example of this is Antonio Richardson. Now Ensworth has given him much better academics, and a spot on the national scene, so of course he would want to go there. But the recruiting aspect comes into play when maybe a student would not be accepted to the school if he was not a superior athlete. Is that "recruiting", no I do not really think so. But an effort is definer made to get schools names out to good athletes (MBA's backfield in motion is a great way to help the city and do this).

I can only speak for MUS. First, you MUST pass a tough entrance exam. Then you have to make the grades in REAL academic courses. MUS really has not had that many great athletes. In recent years, we've had numerous top prospects either not pass the entrance exam or else later transferred out to less academically-demanding schools. In the last 4 years, we've had 2 basketball players who now play D1, and some of our very best players in other sports, transfer out after the 9th and 10th grade. And despite what some people think, only a rare few students enter as anything but 7th graders (there just aren't many openings), so the perception of "scouting" and "recruiting" 6th graders is a little farfetched. On the other hand, we've had numerous Merit Scholars and a 1st team all-state football player, who played for an SEC school on scholarship, who was the state Chess Champion. Vandy LB John Stokes, who started on both the football and basketball teams for 3 years and on a state champion in both sports, entered as a academic sophomore and was accepted into their Medical School as a Junior. MBA can cite similar examples, such as Fitz Lassing.

Edited by owlbooster

• 5 weeks later...

After watching last night, and last week vs. Smyrna...looks like the Tigers are coming on. The off weeks have helped. Ensworth is a different team that what they were in Week 0. It looks like the Tigers are buying into Wade on offense. The guy wasn't a Division I football recruit, but the bottom line is he can coach football. He has 6 rings at 3 different schools. And 2 of those schools hadn't won ANYTHING until he got there. Ensworth might be next in line if they keep playing like this.....

MBA is going to be a tough task, as well as MUS, but I wouldn't count the Tigers out yet.

Looks like Ensworth squeaked by MBA with Corn only going for 304 yards. I bet Antonio wishes he could pass Algebra II about now.