All State this far

footballfan1111

After his performance against BA I find it almost impossible to leave Jacob Huesman of Baylor off the list of all state contenders. He is definitely one of the most impressive offensive players in the state.

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Cairo-BA

RB-Nantambu Fentress-Ensworth

OL-Antonio Richardson-Ensworth

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Caruthers-MUS

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie

Defense

DL-Kennan Crenshaw-Ensworth

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DL-Matt Murphy-Christian Brothers

DE-Jarrod Coleman-McCallie

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think I know you very well but I know Austin Prevost and that kid is a head-hunter. He reminds me of his older brother Todd who played lb at Furman. People need to get over the technicality's pass drops etc.. He can work on that his coach is Lemanski Hall, a former NFL linebacker. Over-all the kid is a player and I personally think that he is underrated in the all-state talk. He plays to the ball and he is a physical kid. In my opinion he is all state and right now im pretty sure App. State and Furman are looking at this kid.

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Cairo-BA

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Caruthers-MUS

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie

Defense

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

Wasn't Victor "CAIRO" a character in "The Maltese Falcon?"

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Cairo-BA

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Caruthers-MUS

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie

Defense

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

I like this team alot. Good job man.

My all state so far would be

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Cairo-BA

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Caruthers-MUS

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie

Defense

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Dickinson-MUS

LB-Austin Prevost-Ensworth

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

Yeah Ericson is a LB for MUS who has been out hurt all year. But dickinson is the stud LB who is probably the best LB in all the State. He signed with Illinois already but will most likely get offers from SEC schools before it is all over. The Caruthers kid plays Center for MUS and the East High Coach told me he was the best he has seen but not sure if he has any offers yet.

I am pretty sure that is Still playing Center for MUS. I think your contact got a little confused.

Also, Dickinson could not have singed as of yet. Committed yes, but not signed. I am not so sure that the SEC school are going to swoop in and offer late either. At this point, Illinois is his only offer.

I would move Still back on the OL list. Jordan Wilkins from SBA should be on it, bc that kid is a special athlete. Hard to put the trio from Briarcrest on there when they have yet to win a meaningful game. With putting 4 DB's on that list, Alex Dale of MUS is in contention. I agree with the early poster about MUS QB/P Baker for the Punter position. Kid has punted well.

I am pretty sure that is Still playing Center for MUS. I think your contact got a little confused.

Also, Dickinson could not have singed as of yet. Committed yes, but not signed. I am not so sure that the SEC school are going to swoop in and offer late either. At this point, Illinois is his only offer.

I would move Still back on the OL list. Jordan Wilkins from SBA should be on it, bc that kid is a special athlete. Hard to put the trio from Briarcrest on there when they have yet to win a meaningful game. With putting 4 DB's on that list, Alex Dale of MUS is in contention. I agree with the early poster about MUS QB/P Baker for the Punter position. Kid has punted well.

No they moved Still from Center and put Caruthers there from Tackle after the South Panola Game. Since the move, the line play for MUS has been much improved. Alex Dale needs a year, he just needs more time back there as he was flamed last night and missed a few tackles. Toby Baker is a DI punter. Dickinson is a stud and I think the SEC at least MS State will come calling, I know Vandy has at least that is what one of the coaches have said. Still should probably be on there but has not shown much all year really. He should be dominating out there. I like the fight that Caruthers kid is showing but MUS really needs a bigger running back. The two kids they have back there now are so small that they are easy to bring down. I went to their game last night and they held the Wilkin boys in check except for a kick off return. I am going to try and go to their game next week against CBHS but I think it may be on TV. Good luck.

I am going to try and go to their game next week against CBHS but I think it may be on TV. Good luck.

Yes, it is going to be on the "Ya'll vs. Them" game of the week. I think MUS is still the team to beat in the west. We (CBHS) had a tough win last night. Briarcrest is very good, they lost their stud QB at the half with a broken collar bone. It was a crazy game, clock problems at odd times, fight, tough battle. They have a good excuse for this loss, but we will take it. I feel bad for thier QB, he looked very impressive and we didn't stop them in the first half, 20-14 at half........but thats why they play two halves. 21-20 brothers.

Yes, it is going to be on the "Ya'll vs. Them" game of the week. I think MUS is still the team to beat in the west. We (CBHS) had a tough win last night. Briarcrest is very good, they lost their stud QB at the half with a broken collar bone. It was a crazy game, clock problems at odd times, fight, tough battle. They have a good excuse for this loss, but we will take it. I feel bad for thier QB, he looked very impressive and we didn't stop them in the first half, 20-14 at half........but thats why they play two halves. 21-20 brothers.

Good job last night, I went to the Whitehaven game and was impressed with the Murphy kid. He is agressive and strong. I think the MUS game will be a very good defensive battle. I think you guys can handle the MUS run pretty easy as their backs are very small.

Briarcrest never recovered from the loss of their starting QBack. Is the 9th grader (Nagle)(son of a former Louisville/NFL QBack?) going to be able to step in? Otherwise, their chances for state are slim.

Edited by owlbooster

Yeah Ericson is a LB for MUS who has been out hurt all year. But dickinson is the stud LB who is probably the best LB in all the State. He signed with Illinois already but will most likely get offers from SEC schools before it is all over. The Caruthers kid plays Center for MUS and the East High Coach told me he was the best he has seen but not sure if he has any offers yet.

With only 3 returning starters, the loss of one of them, Ericson, has hurt MUS a lot. I noticed that he has dressed out for some games but has not played a lot. Does anybody know the nature of his injury and when/if he will be at 100%?

Edited by owlbooster

With only 3 returning starters, the loss of one of them, Ericson, has hurt MUS a lot. I noticed that he has dressed out a number of games but has not played a lot. Do you know the nature of his injury and when/if he will be at 100%?

Hearing his shoulder keeps popping out when he makes a hit. I don't think he dressed out this past game and heard he is done for the year according to one of the coaches I spoke with. They have a young sophmore starting at middle which is hard to fill the shoes of Harrison Marting from the past few years. They really miss him the most but Dickinson has looked very good this year when have seen him.