Union City Travels to Humboldt

JungleJim125

And Chris Johnson got his butt spanked by Deshaun Jackson I believe on the Shaq vs. show, and pretty bad. So Johnson is not the fastest player in the NFL.

I have that on tape still and really can't go by that..I have to look again but Johnson may have been in tennis shoes..Plus Shaq had a good lead to start..I believe in the thread I posted at the combine,Johnson finished ahead of Jackson.!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I posted an article the othe rday on this thread after someone talked about a Union City back can run a 4.2..I guess I didn't..But like Purlpe said..the fastest time run electronically by a player is Cris Johnson..Below is the article..just to settle an aggument about the fastest and if Union City has anyone that can run that fast..I think Desean Jackson ran a 4.3..So I guess this should answer the thread about the Union City player..lol

INDIANAPOLIS — The running backs were blowing away the wide receivers in the 40-yard dash today until Dexter Jackson tied Darren McFadden's 4.27.

Then, East Carolina running back Chris Johnson put McFadden and Jackson in his rearview mirror with a 4.24. Johnson is expected to be a second-round pick.

Jackson, a receiver from Appalachian State, turned in a 4.27 after a 4.37. McFadden, who played at Arkansas, ran 4.27 and 4.33. He and Jackson are the fastest players so far. Defensive backs don't run until Tuesday.

Houston's Anthony Alridge ran 4.33 for the third-fastest time. Jamaal Charles of the University of Texas ran 4.36 and 4.36. He had predicted 4.2s.

Rashard Mendenhall of Illinois just ran a 4.37. Felix Jones of Arkansas ran 4.44 and 4.47. He was slower than everyone thought he'd be.

The receivers weren't as fast as the backs. California's DeSean Jackson has been the fastest receiver so far at 4.35. Florida's Andre Caldwell and Missouri's Will Franklin ran 4.37. Virginia Tech's Eddie Royal ran 4.39.

Houston receiver Donnie Avery wasn't going to run because he suffered a slightly pulled hamstring last week, but he changed his mind. He aggravated the hamstring injury in a position drill but ran the 40, anyway. He was clocked in 4.40 -- fast for most players but slow for Avery. He expects to run in the 4.2s at Houston's pro day on March 14.

McFadden, who trains at the Michael Johnson Performance Center in McKinney, blew everyone away with his 4.27. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who is dying to trade up to get McFadden, was salivating in the stands.

Then Chris Johnson came along and soared past McFadden.

Edited by mrbigster

purple & gold you were right trigg co. is only 1-5 I think I looked at the wrong school thanks for correcting me. by the way refresh my memory I dont remember talking about a vicking club. in this game our young team has to step up cause we are into the important games from here on out and every game is a must win to be able to win our district for a third year in a row and get home field in the playoffs.

jonathan8001 posted :

first how many yards does hyde have? and second lets talk about what union city can do to hurt you. union city is young but talented they have no size but do have speed to back it up in total with have lost by a combined 12 points in 3 games which we should have won. now lets get to humboldt a team that beat trenton who beat us. during that time union city has realized that they cant loose another district game so expect union city to come in to vicking country and kick some vicking tail lol. its only fitting to warn you vicking fans we have the triple threat. you have been warned and we'll see you friday.

GO UC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post is what I was talking about the "vicking" club....I was messin' around with you...

The UC defense will be one of the keys to the game...UC's offense will move the ball and score points...

I agree that the veer is tough to stop no doubt. Be careful what u say holding a finesse team like Peabody to 3 points. This is the same finesse team UC gave up 29 points! Holding a good Rebel team in check means nothing and experience means nothing either! I realize Mckenzie or Peabody does not run the veer! Holding a good Rebel team to 18 points. Mckenzie i would guess averages 40 points a game pretty impressive i would think! 3 points is along way from 29 points finesse or not! I am from Trenton by the way! I just don't think UC will put up 30 plus points against a Humboldt defense! UC may blow them out of the water if they do more power to them! Good luck! <_<

The veer is a completely different animal...It's very hard to scheme for and get your kids to play disciplined against especially when you see it only one time a year...It's much harder to prepare for than a conventional offense....

I thought I posted an article the othe rday on this thread after someone talked about a Union City back can run a 4.2..I guess I didn't..But like Purlpe said..the fastest time run electronically by a player is Cris Johnson..Below is the article..just to settle an aggument about the fastest and if Union City has anyone that can run that fast..I think Desean Jackson ran a 4.3..So I guess this should answer the thread about the Union City player..lol

INDIANAPOLIS — The running backs were blowing away the wide receivers in the 40-yard dash today until Dexter Jackson tied Darren McFadden's 4.27.

Then, East Carolina running back Chris Johnson put McFadden and Jackson in his rearview mirror with a 4.24. Johnson is expected to be a second-round pick.

Jackson, a receiver from Appalachian State, turned in a 4.27 after a 4.37. McFadden, who played at Arkansas, ran 4.27 and 4.33. He and Jackson are the fastest players so far. Defensive backs don't run until Tuesday.

Houston's Anthony Alridge ran 4.33 for the third-fastest time. Jamaal Charles of the University of Texas ran 4.36 and 4.36. He had predicted 4.2s.

Rashard Mendenhall of Illinois just ran a 4.37. Felix Jones of Arkansas ran 4.44 and 4.47. He was slower than everyone thought he'd be.

The receivers weren't as fast as the backs. California's DeSean Jackson has been the fastest receiver so far at 4.35. Florida's Andre Caldwell and Missouri's Will Franklin ran 4.37. Virginia Tech's Eddie Royal ran 4.39.

Houston receiver Donnie Avery wasn't going to run because he suffered a slightly pulled hamstring last week, but he changed his mind. He aggravated the hamstring injury in a position drill but ran the 40, anyway. He was clocked in 4.40 -- fast for most players but slow for Avery. He expects to run in the 4.2s at Houston's pro day on March 14.

McFadden, who trains at the Michael Johnson Performance Center in McKinney, blew everyone away with his 4.27. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who is dying to trade up to get McFadden, was salivating in the stands.

Then Chris Johnson came along and soared past McFadden.

I wasn't even interested in who ran faster but I guess this settles it in any case...I was just using CJ as an example in comparison to the claim the UC kid ran a 40 that fast...

I think jonathan8001 was saying the Williams kid for UC ran a 4.2 40...

redgold...It doesn't really matter that they are "experienced"...It is almost impossible to stop UC's offense (when they run it like they are suppose to) seeing it 1 time a year...Holding a finesse team like Trenton to 3 points and keeping a physical in your face team like McKenzie in check is different from having to be as disciplined as the Vikings are going to have to be...Now I know you want to come up with something like,"well we might as well just not show up" or "dang, I bet the Ravens couldn't even stop UC's veer"...Simple fact of the matter is,Bowling has been running this offense for 7 years locally (that's a bunch of teams and a bunch of games)...Two teams have stopped it for a game and a half....Look at Air Force..They run basically the same thing...It's a foreign offense to get prepared for...Teams that run this offense are physical and they move the football and they score points...Union City isn't all that big but they are very physical...Anybody that has played them will tell you that...They have been in every game this year with a chance to win...They will hit you in the mouth and have no qualms about doing it...

This may mean absolutely nothing but:

Union City’s record is 3-3 they have won against Trig County KY, Huntingdon and Greenfield.

Trig County is 1 and 5, Huntingdon is 2 and 5, Greenfield is 1 and 3. <_<

Union City lost to Peabody, Obion and Trinity Peabody is 2 and 4, Obion is 2 and 4, Trinity is 4 and 2. <_<

Humboldt’s record is 4-3. Humboldt lost to, 5A Henry County ranked #13, Milan ranked #12, and McKenzie ranked #3. :mrgreen:

Although UC runs the veer – Statistics say we should show up and play the game any way. :roflol:

Edited by redgold83

This may mean absolutely nothing but:

Union City’s record is 3-3 they have won against Trig County KY, Huntingdon and Greenfield.

Trig County is 1 and 5, Huntingdon is 2 and 5, Greenfield is 1 and 3. <_<

Union City lost to Peabody, Obion and Trinity Peabody is 2 and 4, Obion is 2 and 4, Trinity is 4 and 2. <_<

Humboldt’s record is 4-3. Humboldt lost to, 5A Henry County ranked #13, Milan ranked #12, and McKenzie ranked #3. :mrgreen:

Although UC runs the veer – Statistics say we should show up and play the game any way.

I'm Looking for Humboldt To Really Take It To The Twisters. :twisted:

I garuntee you that this will be a good game. Union County has some good strong boys that can knock a hole for their runners to run through. Let me ask you Union County people a question? Who is the strongest boy on the Union County team. I garuntee you that some of those boys they had last year was part mule. You think im joking but im not.

I garuntee you that this will be a good game. Union County has some good strong boys that can knock a hole for their runners to run through. Let me ask you Union County people a question? Who is the strongest boy on the Union County team. I garuntee you that some of those boys they had last year was part mule. You think im joking but im not.

wow

I'm Looking for Humboldt To Really Take It To The Twisters. :twisted:

Butchie...I always enjoy reading your posts and I totally agree with you here! I've read every post on this thread...I didn't realize the "veer" offense was the "new unstoppable Wildcat" offense in rural West TN football! It cracks me up when fans go to jawing about who has the better coach or who will out coach who! Humboldt's Bland has been around for years and is a legend in the coaching ranks among his peers. Granted...you must have a few "Jimmys and Joes" to allow a coach a chance at the other guy..Humboldt cleary has that...as I'm sure do the "speedy Tornadoes"!

According to this website..Coacht says that Humboldt has the 13th "strongest" schedule in 1A. On the other hand, Union City has the 73rd "strongest" in 1A! Given that, Humboldt is 15th in the "strength+success" catagory while the Tornados are tied with Greenfield at 56th in the same catagory in 1A! Meaning...the Tornado schedule is not very strong...nor have they had considerable success...which is apparent given that Peabody's win over Union City (howbeit close) is only 1 of 2 on the season for the struggling Tide! Likewise, the Tornado's loss to their cross county rivals is equally as bad given that they too will not make the postseason..and..the "squeaker" win against a pitiful Huntingdon squad is certainly no "feather in the cap" although it certainly counts as a win!

While I'm neither a Humdoldt homer nor a Tornado hater...I simply am laughing hysterically at the idea that the "Tornado Veer" is the somehow the most "unstoppable" offense since Cedric Wilson's Golden Wildcats! Several "average at best" teams have had pretty good success at not letting the "veer" beat them this season!

P.S. RedGold..how was Humboldt's crowd at home the other night when the Vikings hosted McKenzie? Butchie..what did you think?

roy why do you keep calling us union county? its union city and I agree we had some strong kids last year but we're not that strong yet but I expect they will be as strong or stronger than last year. I did notice some of our players hit the weights cause they are bigger than last year like hyde who was listed at 5'9 175lbs. this year he is listed at 5'10 215lbs so he got to the weight room alot.