Cumberland Co. @ Stone Memorial

Jet Pride

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched all the games, as I am sure most of us have... Do my honest best to root for both every other week in all sports. Seems to be getting somewhat hard to do that at times, for various reasons.... <_<

It is often said in these kind of "rival games," that you can toss records on the season and stuff out the window. It comes down to who is more motivated and can bring it between the lines, swagger a big part of it...

I said the first two years that Coach Davis was the absolute X-factor: Being a Cumberland countian, he knew how to motivate Plateau boys and it showed in the first two meetings. CCHS was prob the slightest of a favorite going into both those games. The first game ended with CCHS crumbling and getting beat by "The Kick heard round the County" LOL... and that lead to the 2nd year, where most I heard say CCHS would defend their Home field and beat SMHS in the trenches with the bigger lines on both sides, and Stone embarrassed them in a shutout with far superior skill position players...

Since those meetings, close low-scoring games have been what we have seen as both teams struggled to compete throughout the season...

Now both teams seem to be more competitive week in, week out, So I look for one heckuva game tonight...

As far as a prediction, I think we will see something happening that we haven't seen in any of the previous meetings... Either a high-scoring close game in CCHS favor or a a CCHS dominated game...

Either way, I do believe if CCHS does come out on top 2nite... Coach Davis could really be seen as the true X-factor or motivator needed for that edge that both sides are looking for....?.... Everyone have a good one and Let's all represent this County the right way 2nite.... :)

Yeah, it was considered a JV game. The SMHS JV beat the CCHS varsity. And I was there and saw it happen. Just because you lost doesn't mean it doesn't count. :)

It may not go on the record books, but it was THE inaugural game between the schools.

The series stands and 3-1.

2-1

Exciting game with a wild finish! Coach Davis is 4 and 0....Coach Shultz is 0 and 4...and Watt is 0 and 2. I hated to call it a Jets win...but what can I say?

I was at the game tonight since Cookeville was off. I thought i would go watch a game on the ole mountain. What a game, that was amazing.

I was looking thru the program and i noticed there is a brumfield on the team. Is he your son? If so, that is sad that you are a parent and wont back your sons team. I am sure since he is a senior its cause he rides the bench. But having seen plenty of coach wattenbarger teams over the years he always plays the best.

Are you also the same one who takes the pictures? ????

Back your team, if you dont think that they can win fine, but dont go around telling people on coacht.

Your an adult grow up and support the kids. If you have a problem with the coach go talk to him. Dont bash him on here. He is a great man and great coach!

I was at the game tonight since Cookeville was off. I thought i would go watch a game on the ole mountain. What a game, that was amazing.

I was looking thru the program and i noticed there is a brumfield on the team. Is he your son? If so, that is sad that you are a parent and wont back your sons team. I am sure since he is a senior its cause he rides the bench. But having seen plenty of coach wattenbarger teams over the years he always plays the best.

Are you also the same one who takes the pictures? ????

Back your team, if you dont think that they can win fine, but dont go around telling people on coacht.

Your an adult grow up and support the kids. If you have a problem with the coach go talk to him. Dont bash him on here. He is a great man and great coach!

I don't see his post as bashing a coach he just saying the truth coach watt is 0-2 vs CCHS coach shults was 0-2 when he was at cchs and is 0-2 now at stone how is he bashing coach wattenbarger? I dont see him going off about coach on this board

I don't see his post as bashing a coach he just saying the truth coach watt is 0-2 vs CCHS coach shults was 0-2 when he was at cchs and is 0-2 now at stone how is he bashing coach wattenbarger? I dont see him going off about coach on this board

either way his kid plays for coach w. and he was predicting they would loose. everyne has their own right to opinion but if your kid plays for that team its not a smart idea to get on here and say they are gonna loose.