Claiborne @ West Greene

budkilmer

Easy their "buddy boy" I'm almost sure you predicted WG and SG to beat claiborne last year. Not to mention picking them last in the BRAC before the season started this year. So maybe you are wishing and not researching your predicts... Hey fb last time I checked coaches do not get to play in the game, so come up with a better excuse than that. And besides the score was 49 to 12, maybe if it had been close you could use that excuse.. So "COME ON MAN"...

This isn't NFL countdown there Keyshawn...take the Head Coach off of a county staff like CD or WG for a week and its a big deal. Im pretty sure those 2 HC's are responsible for 99% of whats done in practice(as far as scheme and telling the assistants what they want done that day or week). So yes..I think the Claiborne score would've been a little different. I didn't say they would win but it would be closer. Good luck in this one Buffs.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i can remember correctly the claiborne chuckey-doak game was close intill the 3rd. CD had over 5 times in the red zone and didnt score if they scored it would of been a diff game. its not like claibonre killed us we moved it when we wanted intill the redzone then choked. dont get me wrong we might of still not won. but with coach murphy out all week and he does 100% of the coaching the coaches down thier are their are for looks. so it does have alot to do with the score. without murphy thier all week and for us to drive it down your thoarts all game and not score when we should is a good job in my book. if murphy was thier maybe are defense could of set up a game plan for your stud but they wasnt prepared and it showed on d. good luck to both teams

WG-28

CHS-21

Pulling for West Greene big time. However you rarely see a good Buff team take the field. They either play very well or on occassion you can't recognize them. Which ever Buff team shows up will probably predict the outcome. Go Buffs. I also think Claiborne is a good program and they do a lot of things right.

Pulling for West Greene big time. However you rarely see a good Buff team take the field. They either play very well or on occassion you can't recognize them. Which ever Buff team shows up will probably predict the outcome. Go Buffs. I also think Claiborne is a good program and they do a lot of things right.

I think the good West Greene shows up, considering it's a home game with playoffs on the line, and what happened last year against Claiborne. I see Heath Starnes and Dalton Boles having a solid ground game against the Bulldogs. I can also see West Greene's new found air attack helping them in this one too. If they get both going, I don't think the Bulldogs can stop them. Question is, can the Buffs stop Malone and their ground attack? Turnovers and field position will win this game.

I think the good West Greene shows up, considering it's a home game with playoffs on the line, and what happened last year against Claiborne. I see Heath Starnes and Dalton Boles having a solid ground game against the Bulldogs. I can also see West Greene's new found air attack helping them in this one too. If they get both going, I don't think the Bulldogs can stop them. Question is, can the Buffs stop Malone and their ground attack? Turnovers and field position will win this game.

Go Buffs... Hope the same team shows up like the one at Burley last week! This one means more to you than the G-ville game anyway...

If i can remember correctly the claiborne chuckey-doak game was close intill the 3rd. CD had over 5 times in the red zone and didnt score if they scored it would of been a diff game. its not like claibonre killed us we moved it when we wanted intill the redzone then choked. dont get me wrong we might of still not won. but with coach murphy out all week and he does 100% of the coaching the coaches down thier are their are for looks. so it does have alot to do with the score. without murphy thier all week and for us to drive it down your thoarts all game and not score when we should is a good job in my book. if murphy was thier maybe are defense could of set up a game plan for your stud but they wasnt prepared and it showed on d. good luck to both teams

WG-28

CHS-21

Excuse,excuse and what if!! "duckey choke" had it 4 times inside redzone 2 fg's, 1 td and 1 stuffed back in their face. And if you call 127yds. on 38 carries "driving it down their throats" then what do you call when claiborne has 353 yds. on 40 carries. I call that taken behind the wood shed. Don't get so happy just because you beat a Gap team that has mostly soph. and frosh not to mention lost qb for season. You lost 49 to 12 to claiborne so get over it!!

Edited by bobcatstatechamp

Excuse,excuse and what if!! "duckey choke" had it 4 times inside redzone 2 fg's, 1 td and 1 stuffed back in their face. And if you call 127yds. on 38 carries "driving it down their throats" then what do you call when claiborne has 353 yds. on 40 carries. I call that taken behind the wood shed. Don't get so happy just because you beat a Gap team that has mostly soph. and frosh not to mention lost qb for season. You lost 49 to 12 to claiborne so get over it!!

Just to be clear, Franklin, the Gap's QB, didn't get hurt til the West Greene game. After the Chuckey Doak vs. C. Gap had already played. However, your stats don't lie. West Greene knows how to finish better than Chuckey Doak does though. They've been in that situation a few times in the last few years. All this winning is new to Chuckey Doak. If West Greene gets it in the red zone, expect them to put some points on the board.

Just to be clear, Franklin, the Gap's QB, didn't get hurt til the West Greene game. After the Chuckey Doak vs. C. Gap had already played. However, your stats don't lie. West Greene knows how to finish better than Chuckey Doak does though. They've been in that situation a few times in the last few years. All this winning is new to Chuckey Doak. If West Greene gets it in the red zone, expect them to put some points on the board.

Just kidding, I was thinking of the Claiborne vs. CD game that happened before the West Greene Cumberland Gap game. CD did beat C. Gap with the Gap playing a Freshman QB. Sorry, but my points about West Greene stay true.

C-D is gonna beat the brakes off of WG...watch what I tell you buddy k.

C-D is gonna beat the brakes off of WG...watch what I tell you buddy k.

I was talking to bobcat there, Mr. Tusculum, about the Claiborne matchup. I was saying Claiborne won't be as fortunate if WG gets in the red zone.

And it won't be any skin off my back if CD beats WG. If you've payed any attention, I just like football, not really partial to any team. I just like the county teams along with GHS to be successful. This year has been any exceptionally fun year with all of them doing well, except NG that is. I'll discuss the CD, WG matchup with you in a couple of weeks.