What is wrong with McMinn County football?

espn2

There are many things tearing up this years "team". Injuries are big factor. Then the fact that there are a lot of individuals instead of team. Then take the fans that have been telling these boys that they are awful and that there coaching staff is awful. This will make an already struggling team feel that there is no use. Stop complaining about the backs and start looking at the whole picture. Maybe your negativity is wearing on your son, which then flows down to the team.

When things go bad, the easiest thing to do is to start pointing fingers. The worst thing that we can do is to start a bunch of negativity. CherokeeFever01 was exactly right in saying that negativity wears on the kids which affects the team. Everyone needs to stay positive and hopefully we can end the season with 3 straight wins!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a combination of things.... They are young and have no discipline. I was not there but heard they should have won the McCallie and Cookeville games. When you are young, the main thing is improving each game and they have not done that. That is because they are not disciplined. From what Ive heard, defense has played well enough to win several games and the offense has struggled all season.

There are many things tearing up this years "team". Injuries are big factor. Then the fact that there are a lot of individuals instead of team. Then take the fans that have been telling these boys that they are awful and that there coaching staff is awful. This will make an already struggling team feel that there is no use. Stop complaining about the backs and start looking at the whole picture. Maybe your negativity is wearing on your son, which then flows down to the team.

Let me break about your post. Being a fan that loves the sports is part of the Cherokee program as well. Don't forget parents are not the only ones that post. I agree with you, injuries are a factor....now...they weren't earlier in the season. That's why I suspect McMinn will only win 1 more, and that could be a toss up. I also agree there are WAY too many individuals instead of a "team". When you have a kid that thinks he has been the "star" his whole life then enters the high school world, it's a different story. And then you have the ones that coaches think "will win the game", they rely too much on certain players....so it goes both ways. Any "FAN" that tells these boys are they awful is NO FAN. From where I sit it seems these boys have tons of talent that is not being excuted properly. Age can have a factor in it, but it's not the main problem. The main problem is respect. You have to give it to get it, and it appears these coaches have not earned the respect of their players. That in turn affects the lack of disicpline. Which affects the game. Penality after penality is a form of disicpline, bad snap after bad snap is a form of disicpline. People need to wake up and admit those 2 problems are out there and it will never be fixed until it is recognized. Let's just see how far can a coach go without respect and discipline. And I'm not just complaining about the "backs" as you say, I'm complaining about a lot of stuff. I have mentioned the backs several times because that's what the head coach and the paper and the radio all talk about...how the running game is struggling...well, if he would get his 2 strongest ones out there that may benefit the whole TEAM!! My concern or "negativity" is shared by MANY others in the community as well. And last, who said I had a son on the team? For that matter, who said I even had a son in high school? You need to realize the program is suffering and there are people that are worried about it. Not just "parents that are mad cause their kid aint playing". I know some of them to. Happens every year.

Edited by espn2