The Future of McMinn Central Football

SAGINAWFAN

What is the projected outcome for the game this week?

Getting a freshman team is essential for the program to build. Allows them to grow and gain confidence, just dont pull the players up to soon. Let them stay together and the future will benefit. Pull them up to soon and both aspects can have negative effects. If players go up and do not do well they lose self esteem and the possibility to get hurt. Those who are left behind feel they are not worthy or considered as good as those pulled up to JV or Varsity.

Build the castle from the bottom up and do not remove the good workers, let them show case their skills amongst their peers and in time you will have a strong fortress.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a freshman team is essential for the program to build. Allows them to grow and gain confidence, just dont pull the players up to soon. Let them stay together and the future will benefit. Pull them up to soon and both aspects can have negative effects. If players go up and do not do well they lose self esteem and the possibility to get hurt. Those who are left behind feel they are not worthy or considered as good as those pulled up to JV or Varsity.

Build the castle from the bottom up and do not remove the good workers, let them show case their skills amongst their peers and in time you will have a strong fortress.

Good assessment!

Community help and support will be needed to pull this off.

Edited by logcabinman

thats pretty deep PK. :ugeek:

Hey Folks, outsider look in, I for one think the Charger program is ok, this is just one of those seasons, Trust me I've been thru them. Last weeks game I noticed, what seem to be a couple of good athletes not dressed out. I personally thought Central was playing younger kids already, I am not sure how many seniors there are. The offensive line look like maybe they had not hit the weight room if they are upper classmen or they were just young. I thought Chargers would have been successful throwing screens, and rolling Barnette out. Barnete is the real deal and a natural leader. He threw some strikes that were just dropped last week. They (as of right now) should go away from the power game, maybe more misdirection and a better screen game. As for the future, the JV had a great game last week and there are key players getting experience right now on varsity, this should make for great combination next season. Dont hang your coaches just yet, I personally beleive that there is not one coach who would give up any kid, no matter how bad it gets. Good Luck Chargers!

actually everybody on here probably knows each other lol. i was just referring to his use of castles and fortesses. i didnt know if he was talking football or mid evil times.

Well they are the chargers, always good to relate any thing to mid evil----lots of pain and destruction during that era unless you were worthy of the glory....lol

Besides a bit baffling the charger...knight on a horse, just leave off the electri charges from the sword.

Hey Folks, outsider look in, I for one think the Charger program is ok, this is just one of those seasons, Trust me I've been thru them. Last weeks game I noticed, what seem to be a couple of good athletes not dressed out. I personally thought Central was playing younger kids already, I am not sure how many seniors there are. The offensive line look like maybe they had not hit the weight room if they are upper classmen or they were just young. I thought Chargers would have been successful throwing screens, and rolling Barnette out. Barnete is the real deal and a natural leader. He threw some strikes that were just dropped last week. They (as of right now) should go away from the power game, maybe more misdirection and a better screen game. As for the future, the JV had a great game last week and there are key players getting experience right now on varsity, this should make for great combination next season. Dont hang your coaches just yet, I personally beleive that there is not one coach who would give up any kid, no matter how bad it gets. Good Luck Chargers!

I want to say there are 6 seniors, could be wrong. I think only 2 or 3 were dressed for the Seq. game. Dumdum, why do you think that Seq. left their first team in so long against the Chargers? Not mad or anything, I just thought they may let off the throttle with a struggling team.

I want to say there are 6 seniors, could be wrong. I think only 2 or 3 were dressed for the Seq. game. Dumdum, why do you think that Seq. left their first team in so long against the Chargers? Not mad or anything, I just thought they may let off the throttle with a struggling team.

that is funny cause I thought the same thing, it was like he was trying to run the score up. I dont mind a coach who is aggressive but in this conference you have to be careful because the only consistant team that is good is Polk co and they were very nice by letting off the gas. time will tell about the coaches decision.

that is funny cause I thought the same thing, it was like he was trying to run the score up. I dont mind a coach who is aggressive but in this conference you have to be careful because the only consistant team that is good is Polk co and they were very nice by letting off the gas. time will tell about the coaches decision.

Yes, and playmaker you are exactly correct. There will be a time when each of these district teams can be in a position to run the score up. Coach Davis did call the dogs off early - very respectful.