D2-A 2010 Enrollments

D2A

The same can be said about EVERY private school. The majority of kids in private schools are there for the education, not sports. You act like Webb is made of of mostly non athletes and other schools are not. You think kids are going to Riverside and Zion for the football teams? Basically every private schools student body is made up of kids that are there for reasons other then sports.

Oh and dont tell me where to vent too. Last time i checked, this is a message board and as long as i dont violate the TOS then i can say what I choose too. If you dont like it, then dont reply.

Have fun facing off next year against region foes like MJCA(pop.121), Zion(pop. 120) and Riverside(pop.78), while teams smaller then you, BGA, BA and Ensworth, compete against top competition week in and week out.

It's clear you have no idea of the student body makeup at Webb so with that said, I don't expect you to understand the facts.

Let me know when venting to a message board got anything done. If you want to get something done then you need to talk to who's in charge. Last I checked the TSSAA decides the classifications, not this message board.

I already said, if you had actually read my entire post, that I would have preferred Webb stay in DII-AA.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clear you have no idea of the student body makeup at Webb so with that said, I don't expect you to understand the facts.

Let me know when venting to a message board got anything done. If you want to get something done then you need to talk to who's in charge. Last I checked the TSSAA decides the classifications, not this message board.

I already said, if you had actually read my entire post, that I would have preferred Webb stay in DII-AA.

Lets say Webb moves up to AA. Take a look at their E/M schedule.

Baylor - 4 hour roundtrip drive

McCallie - Home game

BA - 6 hour roundtrip drive

MBA - Home game

Ryan - 6 hour roundtrip drive

EHS - Home game

JPII - Home game

BGA - 6 hour roundtrip drive

Maybe Webb has other resaons not to move up to DII AA.

Lets say Webb moves up to AA. Take a look at their E/M schedule.

Baylor - 4 hour roundtrip drive

McCallie - Home game

BA - 6 hour roundtrip drive

MBA - Home game

Ryan - 6 hour roundtrip drive

EHS - Home game

JPII - Home game

BGA - 6 hour roundtrip drive

Maybe Webb has other resaons not to move up to DII AA.

Actually Webb travels to the Nashville are 4 times this season... if they were DII-AA travel would be slightly less as you pointed out. So from a travel standpoint DII-AA would be better.

From a competition standpoint it would be a huge upgrade.

2007-2008 Webb was...

1-1 vs Baylor

1-1 vs McCallie

DNP BA

0-1 vs MBA

1-1 vs Ryan

0-2 vs Ensworth

1-1 vs JPII

1-1 vs BGA

The same can be said about EVERY private school. The majority of kids in private schools are there for the education, not sports. You act like Webb is made of of mostly non athletes and other schools are not. You think kids are going to Riverside and Zion for the football teams? Basically every private schools student body is made up of kids that are there for reasons other then sports.

Oh and dont tell me where to vent too. Last time i checked, this is a message board and as long as i dont violate the TOS then i can say what I choose too. If you dont like it, then dont reply.

Have fun facing off next year against region foes like MJCA(pop.121), Zion(pop. 120) and Riverside(pop.78), while teams smaller then you, BGA, BA and Ensworth, compete against top competition week in and week out.

Next time you have a thought, just let it go.

For years, Maryville and Alcoa have had the opportunities to play up (yes, even in DI), but they haven't. Teams tend to play where they are classified...that would seem the normal course of action.

You also obviously don't understand that BA, EHS, BGA playing up isn't even in the same realm of decision making that would go into the administration at Webb moving up; drastically different schools in different areas with a wide variety of motivations behind their respective choices. BA and EHS are "sports" schools and BGA, by virtue of location, history, etc, has to lump themselves with those schools to compete in the private school market. Webb is much closer in the type of institution they are with DA, FRA, DCA, etc than teams in AA.

The previous set up of three classes in DII would remedy your problem, but as everyone involved in DII the past decade or so has seen, this method dilutes the division...but yea, you really are making zero valid points...so stop it. Enrollment in private schools plays a far less significant role in the talent of the athletic department than it does in DI. Why do you think there's a divisional split even with the multiplier?

For years, Maryville and Alcoa have had the opportunities to play up (yes, even in DI), but they haven't. Teams tend to play where they are classified...that would seem the normal course of action.

You also obviously don't understand that BA, EHS, BGA playing up isn't even in the same realm of decision making that would go into the administration at Webb moving up; drastically different schools in different areas with a wide variety of motivations behind their respective choices. BA and EHS are "sports" schools and BGA, by virtue of location, history, etc, has to lump themselves with those schools to compete in the private school market. Webb is much closer in the type of institution they are with DA, FRA, DCA, etc than teams in AA.

The previous set up of three classes in DII would remedy your problem, but as everyone involved in DII the past decade or so has seen, this method dilutes the division...but yea, you really are making zero valid points...so stop it. Enrollment in private schools plays a far less significant role in the talent of the athletic department than it does in DI. Why do you think there's a divisional split even with the multiplier?

If you think Webb is in any way, shape or form like DCA or DA then you are clueless. Webb's campus blows away anything else in the east/middle region. They put far more money into the sports programs then Davidson or DCA and of course all the other tiny schools in Webb's region. I cant speak for anyone else on here but i have personally been to every school in the east/middle region and Webb makes them all look like middle schools except for maybe FRA.

BA, BGA, Ensworth and MBA are all pretty close to each other. They have to compete to get alot of the same players. There are at least 8 schools in middle tennessee that are no more then 25 mins away from each other that can give financial aid. Webb is the ONLY school in knoxville that gives it to athletes.

And dont even try to act like Webb isnt a "sports school" Im sure they are great with academics just like every other private school but go look at the facilities down there and tell me they do pour alot into athletics.

If the enrollments dont matter, answer this.. How many state championships did webb win in the 4 years prior to the 09-10 school year? The answer is 4. How many did they win just last year alone? 7!

They also had 2-3 teams lose thet state championship.

+1... couldn't agree more with your points. :thumb:

As a graduate of BGA I will say that I totally understand why they chose to play up given the competitive private school market in the Nashville area. I understand the history and other intangibles that went along with their decision. I will tell you it was not a popular decision for some at the time and upon reflection some of those who supported "playing up" have come to regret it.

I only hope the administration fully understands the commitment, in my opinion, they abandoned they athletic programs for the most part less than 10 years ago and were trying to focus the school in a different direction. I have heard that things are getting better recently which is a good thing. BGA would be a great addition to DII-A!

... And dont even try to act like Webb isnt a "sports school" Im sure they are great with academics just like every other private school but go look at the facilities down there and tell me they do pour alot into athletics....

D2A... there is no question. Webb has a beautiful campus. The classroom and specialized buildings on campus are very, very nice inside and out. The administration is always making improvements to the campus but what you don't realize is they have consistently ignored their athletic facilities for the most part over the years. Oh, they'll throw a bone or two toward making improvements to athletic facilities but it is certainly not their focus.

Do you have any idea what their operational budget is? No. Do you have any idea that the football bleachers are the exact same bleachers they had back in the 80s. No. Did you know that the recent press box renovation was done largely because the existing press box was literally about to collapse. No. Did you know the baseball field did not have lights until 2 years ago. No. I could go on and on how Webb does not "pour" their money into athletics.

This is all getting tired and old so I'm done trying to explain to you that you have no basis in fact to make ANY comments about how Webb School runs it's campus and athletic programs.

My bottom line is that you recently joined this message board because you are now personally invested in a DII-A school and are obsessed with Webb's success and how unfair it is to you and your school because Webb is going to win all the State Championships. I have been around Webb for a long time, through many different athletic classifications, and have never complained about how unfair it was that some other school in our division had this or that while they beat us on their way to State Championships.

I hope Webb wins every game they play in every sport but I realize that's not going to happen. My satisfaction comes from watching them compete and enjoying the relationships I have built over a long time with several of their outstanding coaches. That's just me...

Do you have any idea what their operational budget is? No. Do you have any idea that the football bleachers are the exact same bleachers they had back in the 80s. No. Did you know that the recent press box renovation was done largely because the existing press box was literally about to collapse. No. Did you know the baseball field did not have lights until 2 years ago. No. I could go on and on how Webb does not "pour" their money into athletics.

Can you answer all those same questions about the other D2a schools? NO. So your basball field just got lights huh? There are at least 2 D2a FOOTBALL teams that dont have lights. Same bleachers since the 80's? Welcome to the club. You have the best facilities in d2a e/m, hands down.

BTW, i have no obsession with Webb. I started 1 thread and only replied to your comments about Webb.

... Can you answer all those same questions about the other D2a schools? NO...

BTW, i have no obsession with Webb. I started 1 thread and only replied to your comments about Webb.

You're right, which is why I don't post things about other schools as if they are facts.

You're also right that you started this thread and conveniently forgot to mention that you included the following little dig directed at Webb. Why?

"Side note, Webb is bigger then BGA, Brentwood Academy and Ensworth..all of whom choose to play up. Wonder if they would be 18-1 over the last 2 years playing with those guys?"

Edited by PowerSweep

Can you answer all those same questions about the other D2a schools? NO. So your basball field just got lights huh? There are at least 2 D2a FOOTBALL teams that dont have lights. Same bleachers since the 80's? Welcome to the club. You have the best facilities in d2a e/m, hands down.

For one, Webb boards some students, so their facilities are going to mirror that need. Also, if you have ever played at Webb and sat in that visiting locker room, you would know they don't have the best facilities. FRA, DA, and Ezell all have comparable to be better facilities. Also, Zion plays in one of the nicest stadiums in the state...so explain that one.

But that only covers the E/M. ECS,USJ, ECS, and Harding from the West are all in the same boat in terms of good facilities.

You are so so so so so so so dumb. And wrong. Full of wrong.

AP.battleground.59 you have no ideal what your talking about when it comes to Alcoa. We played in the original 2A in 1981. Our enrollment at the time was about 360-380 ( would have put us in 1A at the time). Up until 2006 Alcoa played up in divisions. So apparently you don't have a clue about Alcoa history.... <_<

Edited by DSM10

For one, Webb boards some students, so their facilities are going to mirror that need. Also, if you have ever played at Webb and sat in that visiting locker room, you would know they don't have the best facilities. FRA, DA, and Ezell all have comparable to be better facilities. Also, Zion plays in one of the nicest stadiums in the state...so explain that one.

But that only covers the E/M. ECS,USJ, ECS, and Harding from the West are all in the same boat in terms of good facilities.

You are so so so so so so so dumb. And wrong. Full of wrong.

Im wrong? FRA does have a pretty nice campus and some nice facilities. DA is about average. Ezell is lower tier. There is not 1 thing about Ezell and Webb that is similar. Zion has to rent a city field because they dont have lights at their field. Its a nice enough place but nowhere near one of the nicest in the state. They dont have a stadium at all. They have a field with some portable metal bleachers. You obviously dont have a clue what you are talking about.