Springfield versus Northwest

Dont know much about Northwest, but watched Alabama lose today proving to not overlook any team. I personally think a short week last week hurt our team against Kenwood. I sure hope that Coach Myers gets the team back on the same page this week. This is the typical trap game for the Jackets, and I hope the team shows last week was a fluke!

Are you saying that Alabama "overlooked" USC today?..as if South Carolina was "just some team" on the schedule?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know much about Northwest, but watched Alabama lose today proving to not overlook any team. I personally think a short week last week hurt our team against Kenwood. I sure hope that Coach Myers gets the team back on the same page this week. This is the typical trap game for the Jackets, and I hope the team shows last week was a fluke!

Are you saying that Alabama "overlooked" USC today?..as if South Carolina was "just some team" on the schedule? I've been saying all year that Kenwood is a good football team...not great. I doubt the Kenwood game was a "fluke"...but rather a good football game!

Are you saying that Alabama "overlooked" USC today?..as if South Carolina was "just some team" on the schedule? I've been saying all year that Kenwood is a good football team...not great. I doubt the Kenwood game was a "fluke"...but rather a good football game!

I agree, Kenwood is better than I thought they were. Plus they had a huge offensive line compared to what is always a small Springield d-line. On top of that, they ran the wing-t quite well so everything considered, I dont feel Springfield matched up well w/ their offense. Having said that, Springfield is atleast 2 scores better if you eliminate the mistakes.....

I agree, Kenwood is better than I thought they were. Plus they had a huge offensive line compared to what is always a small Springield d-line. On top of that, they ran the wing-t quite well so everything considered, I dont feel Springfield matched up well w/ their offense. Having said that, Springfield is atleast 2 scores better if you eliminate the mistakes.....

Kenwood played a very good game against us. There D-LIne is HUGE and caused Tyler some difficulties when trying to passing over them. At least two of his passes were tipped (one of those for a touchdown) and several altered. Kenwood ran the wing-T to perfection. If they had had a adequate kicker they would have beaten us. Actually, I feel like this was a lose even though we won. We must mature in our attitudes and play disciplined football for us to move to the next level and starting being mentioned in the Henry County/Dickson County conversations. We have come a long way in two years BUT we still have a ways to go.

Northwest played well against Kenwood and Rossview, but gets blown out by Franklin County. Springfield had their way with Rossview, but had to win the game in the final minutes against Kenwood. Now I believe Springfield will be better prepared this week having played the Wing T two weeks in a row helps. Northwest and Kenwood are mirror images on offense, but Kenwood has more speed and size. Doesnt look good for the Vikings, but what have they to lose. Heard Northwest has many injured athletes on the sidelines. This could make a difference if these players return this week.

They also have the added motivation of their coaching having coached at SHS before leaving us for Northwest

Kenwood played a very good game against us. There D-LIne is HUGE and caused Tyler some difficulties when trying to passing over them. At least two of his passes were tipped (one of those for a touchdown) and several altered. Kenwood ran the wing-T to perfection. If they had had a adequate kicker they would have beaten us. Actually, I feel like this was a lose even though we won. We must mature in our attitudes and play disciplined football for us to move to the next level and starting being mentioned in the Henry County/Dickson County conversations. We have come a long way in two years BUT we still have a ways to go.

Great Post Commissioner...I'm glad you too noticed the talent on the Kenwood side of the field even though they have come up short in the big games this year! BTW...I hope you are not one of the "commissioners" pushing for a new stadium in Springfield...yall have a great environment there...I wouldn't change a thing!

Last year Northwest bullied the Jackets to a 35 - 7 score, and this year the teams will flop the scoring. Springfield wins this game 42 - 7. Kenwood ran the wing t very well Thursday, and this will help Springfield make adjustments in practice this week since Northwest runs a mirror image offense as Kenwood. I see the Vikings coming out strong trying to be the upset and giving Coach Offutt a much needed win, but with all the youth and injuries it is just not thier year.

Great Post Commissioner...I'm glad you too noticed the talent on the Kenwood side of the field even though they have come up short in the big games this year! BTW...I hope you are not one of the "commissioners" pushing for a new stadium in Springfield...yall have a great environment there...I wouldn't change a thing!

Thank you for the compliment. I am not sure how I feel about a new stadium. I like the history that we have where we are BUT parking is horrible. I was envious to say the least when we traveled to Dickson. Their new stadium is state-of-the-art and parking was plentiful. I am torn between honoring the past and moving us to this century. On a side bar about Kenwood, I talked to one of the members of their administration after the game and complimented him on their game plan and execution. He told me that the biggest problem that Kenwood has is that they can't build any continuity because of the fluidity of their student body. Students are constantly moving and changing schools because of the zones. He said that even though they had been a school for 13 years they still haven't gotten that 2nd generation of student/athlete yet. When this happens and the community gets behind them watch out.

I agree, I know alot of people want a new stadium at the school but I really appreciate the history/tradition that goes w/ that field. I still get chills when I watch a game there and it has been over 14 years since I played a game there. I understand the parking situation is bad and the coaches dont like the sidelines being so close (cant say I blame them w/ all the loud mouth armchair QBs). I believe the parking situation can be rectified some how. The city understanding the problem and not writing people tickets would be a good start.....

I agree, I know alot of people want a new stadium at the school but I really appreciate the history/tradition that goes w/ that field. I still get chills when I watch a game there and it has been over 14 years since I played a game there. I understand the parking situation is bad and the coaches dont like the sidelines being so close (cant say I blame them w/ all the loud mouth armchair QBs). I believe the parking situation can be rectified some how. The city understanding the problem and not writing people tickets would be a good start.....

It is a parade, on game night, of police officiers making their way to the pressbox to have the field announcer ask people to move their cars. Parking is my biggest concern in wanting a new stadium.

Although I said in an earlier post that, "i wouldn't change a thing" concerning the stadium. Actually, I might suggest something that would help the atmosphere..pregame tailgating is a way to make your current stadium livlier and more intimidating as well. Your community support has definately improved since last year (winning has a way of doing that)...this too might actually help the parking IF..the locals (in that neighborhood) would welcome the cookouts! Also..is there not a shuttle from a central location to the field?