Camden and Cheatham Co

wmatlock1

First off I want to say congrats to Camden Central on a great win last night. You guys were gracious hosts and our fans, players, and coaches were treated with the upmost respect. The Cubs did come to Camden looking to win the game and for 3 quarters it looked like that was going to be a major possibility. The injury to Potts was a major blow and took the wind out of the Cubs sails in the fourth quarter.

Potts broke 3 bones in his foot and is going to miss the remainder of the season. He ends his sophomore season with more than 1,300 yards rushing and 12 touchdowns in just under 8 games.

After seeing both Camden Central and Smith County play I would say the Owls have a much better defense but the Lions are much more explosive on offense. That would definitely be a game well worth the price of admission if it takes place down the road.

Good Luck to the Lions the rest of the way! The Cubs have to regroup and get ready for the challenge ahead against a hungry bunch of Waverly Central Tigers! This week's game is an absolute MUST WIN if the playoffs are going to be reached!

Its such a tragedy when a young player gets hurt. We lost a really fine QB and playmaker last year in the playoffs the game before we played Milan. They may have beat us anyway but we will never know. Potts is an excellent back Get well and we'll see you next year. We wish all the best to him and his family and team.

I think one of Camden's biggest problems last night was that the offense was scoring so quickly that it kept the defense on the field so much. Hats off to the Cheatham Co. RB's and offensive line. They opened up some holes off tackle and the LBs of Camden didn't read and react to the plays very well. That was definately the largest line our defense has faced all year. #45 was a mutant! He was huge. Is he being recruited by SEC schools yet? He should be. He seemed to be able to catch a little bit. I probably would have had him on the interior line myself. Hated to see #11 go down. He was a talented player. Very fast too. Good luck to the Cubs the rest of the year. Represent Division 11 well. You shouldn't have ANY problems with Waverly next week if yall play like you did this week. Go Lions!

The game summary, as well as the archived video webcast, are now available from this past week's contest. I believe there is a very strong chance that these 2 teams could see one another again in just a few short weeks!

The iHigh broadcast was fantastic!!! I wish Camden would get it as well! It was wonderful watching it from my office in California!!!

The game summary, as well as the archived video webcast, are now available from this past week's contest. I believe there is a very strong chance that these 2 teams could see one another again in just a few short weeks!

Great job Cheatham. You really took it to the Lions for 3 quarters. No excuses, you guys played very well and Camden had no energy on defense. Got some nice young players over there in Cheatham. Keep it up. You coach had a nice gameplan too.

Hey Camden. Wake up. From the team on the field to the fans in the stands, there's no energy in the stadium except for the kids with the painted chests. Lets get loud again for the playoffs! Let's show our Lion Pride for REAL!

Edited by rcombs

Great job Cheatham. You really took it to the Lions for 3 quarters. No excuses, you guys played very well and Camden had no energy on defense. Got some nice young players over there in Cheatham. Keep it up. You coach had a nice gameplan too.

Hey Camden. Wake up. From the team on the field to the fans in the stands, there's no energy in the stadium except for the kids with the painted chests. Lets get loud again for the playoffs! Let's show our Lion Pride for REAL!

I think you're right rcombs! Seems some have gotten spoiled to winning and just expect it every Friday. Gonna be a shock to those not paying attention when someone sneaks up and walks all over the Lions in the playoffs. Be Loud, Be Proud!! Go LIONS!

I think you're right rcombs! Seems some have gotten spoiled to winning and just expect it every Friday. Gonna be a shock to those not paying attention when someone sneaks up and walks all over the Lions in the playoffs. Be Loud, Be Proud!! Go LIONS!

I would hope the 13 seniors remember the 2008 first round loss to Fairview and will be ready to go once the playoffs start.

Prior to the Cheatham County game Camden Central had outscored it's opponents in District 11-AA play by an overall total of 164-21. It's easy to see how a team could become "bored" with that type of competition.

I believe that Camden's players were aware that the Montgomery Central team they defeated 39-0 two weeks ago defeated Cheatham County 28-27 back in Week 4. I am sure that when the score was 27-27 in the 3rd Quarter the Lions players (and even some fans) were asking themselves "how did Cheatham County lose to Montgomery Central?".

ANYONE CAN BEAT ANYONE ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT WHEN..........ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS :thumb: