HAMPTON @ UNAKA

BDF36

The difference was,Hampton started putting more pressure on the QB. When they did try to throw in the second half ,it was quick throws,he couldn't take a vacation back there.2 Completely different halfs.

key word there is when. when they tried to throw. they tried too late, when they had to and hampton knew it. they never should have went conservative with the run game in the 3rd qtr. when you got em on the ropes you dont turn and walk back to your corner. you walk on in and knock em out. now i do believe hampton is the better team but unaka let up too early

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sizing teams up is a bad mistake,You play you're best at all times. Cloudland must have done the same thing tonight,7 TO 0 at halftime over Hancock. No excuse for it. And people wonders why coaches half the chew the kids.

Shoot! Gotta wake em up sometimes! I plan on doing some 'Wakening' in just a lil bit! These boys are good boys and good friends with alot of players from other schools BUT when you go to their home to play FOOTBALL, its a war! Some may not like me saying that, but it is true...Unaka showed no buddy, buddy attitude and talked crap on the field....THATS FOOTBALL....Once again, I hope the lesson was learned

Shoot! Gotta wake em up sometimes! I plan on doing some 'Wakening' in just a lil bit! These boys are good boys and good friends with alot of players from other schools BUT when you go to their home to play FOOTBALL, its a war! Some may not like me saying that, but it is true...Unaka showed no buddy, buddy attitude and talked crap on the field....THATS FOOTBALL....Once again, I hope the lesson was learned

that wakening idea sounds pretty good lol im outta here boys!

totally agree, you can show sportsmanship but you dont have to be friends with everyone during the game, i know when i played basketball i wasnt gonna bend over and help you up if you were on the other team, why would i let you save some energy getting up while wasteing mine?? after the game id go find them and shake their hand but while its going you need to be there to win.

key word there is when. when they tried to throw. they tried too late, when they had to and hampton knew it. they never should have went conservative with the run game in the 3rd qtr. when you got em on the ropes you dont turn and walk back to your corner. you walk on in and knock em out. now i do believe hampton is the better team but unaka let up too early

I warned in a earlier post that Unaka would try to pick em alive 7-15 yards down field...and they did with just a couple long passes. Peterson had way too much time in the pocket in the 1st half and the scramble was open for him, thats why he was able to draw the corner out and toss the TD pass...(corner cant do that!) Unaka is talented, and was well coached...they snuffed out Ward's run almost every time, (Of crse too many assignments were blown making that possible). But when Hampton decided to play, they did as they wanted.

Edited by uknoit2

totally agree, you can show sportsmanship but you dont have to be friends with everyone during the game, i know when i played basketball i wasnt gonna bend over and help you up if you were on the other team, why would i let you save some energy getting up while wasteing mine?? after the game id go find them and shake their hand but while its going you need to be there to win.

You and I probably wouldnt (or didnt) get along on the field or the hardwood but Id say we'd get along just fine otherwise! Gotta have the 'seek and destroy' attitude if you're gonna compete and end up on top :thumb:

Hampton does deserve some credit,one thing that stands out to me is Hampton scored 38 points,the most Unaka had given up all season was 22.Thats not so bad. They can play alot better on defence if they think they need to. Ive seen um buckle down and get stiff as nails,I've also seen fold up like a lounge chair.If they want to get anywhere ,they are still going to have to get tougher and learn to give an allout effort EVERY play. Can't say I really understand . Its easy as heck to look at scores and see what kind of effort they are giving.Unicoi came a hair of beating Hampton,They beat SE 14 to 0.We scored 42 on SE in a half. I've got examples of the same kind of stuff in several games this year. Sometimes we'll wear somebody our for a half,and then just quit. Its not against the rules to dominate.

Hampton does deserve some credit,one thing that stands out to me is Hampton scored 38 points,the most Unaka had given up all season was 22.Thats not so bad. They can play alot better on defence if they think they need to. Ive seen um buckle down and get stiff as nails,I've also seen fold up like a lounge chair.If they want to get anywhere ,they are still going to have to get tougher and learn to give an allout effort EVERY play. Can't say I really understand . Its easy as heck to look at scores and see what kind of effort they are giving.Unicoi came a hair of beating Hampton,They beat SE 14 to 0.We scored 42 on SE in a half. I've got examples of the same kind of stuff in several games this year. Sometimes we'll wear somebody our for a half,and then just quit. Its not against the rules to dominate.

I'm excited about the matchup with Cloudland and Hampton. Cloudland is very physical and there is nothing pretty about them. If you don't get tough with them, they will slap a team around. Hampton won't play another team who plays as hard as Cloudland. I'm ready for some nasty football. :ph34r:

Its all about discipline...and any team not focused will not be disciplined...In this case and with this team I don't believe this to be a coaching problem but a problem the coaches WILL address...Seems Cloudland may have had the same issue last night...I sit in my chair last night and barely spoke a word (VERY uncommon) because I really never had a doubt about the win. These boys can score quickly and shut down a team at any time...BUT they CAN NOT pull this anymore the rest of the season

I know this is way off the subject but has anyone noticed the enrollment for SM, theyre the biggest school in 2a and gained almost 200 students from 08 to 10. Its hard to believd theyve got 619 thats more than alcoa and 200 more than us. Maybe they need to be moved up a little.

Edited by BDF36