Coalfield @ Oneida

crow

Anyways.... back to the game. Any developments on the two teams? Oneida's coaching staff just has to be commended on the adjustments they made at halftime last week. I mean, OS was on their way to hanging 50 on us! We had more holes than SpongeBob Squarepants! :blush: Next thing you know OS isn't moving down the field at all.... somebody did some coachin' during the break! (my guess is Burchfield and Brew) Offense, same thing, moving the ball sporatically.....all the sudden the floodgates open and off we went! (good play callin")(May) Maybe we'll jump a little sooner this week! Hope so. Is Coalfield's QB gonna be back this week?

:thumb: Kazantono :thumb:

Hey Kaz, First I just want to congratulate the Indians on their victory, they played hard and didn't quit. But we did still move the ball in the second half, just couldn't score. I couldn't believe it but we had about as many yards in the second half as in the first. But I guess that goes to show stats don't mean much in the grand scheme of things, the main stat is the score, and you guys came out on top. I just hope our best lineman can make it back this week, it really hurt loosing him on the offense and defensive front. To the average person, loosing a stud up front might not be that noticeable but to someone that has lined up in the backfield (many moons ago in my case) its very noticeable. Not making excuses (because injuries are a part of the game) but if he doesn't get hurt in the 2nd qtr. maybe we could have given you guys a little better run in the second half. You all have a good team and I might add they seen to a be classy bunch of kids. I look forward to these two teams playing in the future, who knows, maybe next year we can get you all. Anyway, good luck the rest of the year.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two poster about the Oneida / Wartburg game. One says it was close with special teams winning it for the dogs. The other claims the dogs dominated all night. I'm not sure either description is completely accurate. If memory serves correctly it was 13 - 7 dogs. That's not domination in very many books. Then the special team side. The dogs scored on a defensive scoop & score for one TD & a pick to set up the go ahead. Neither of which is a special teams play.

Either way we are not replaying the game this week even though I wish we could. Coalfield is gonna bring their best, always do. So is Oneida. I think Oneida's best is better than Coalfields best right now.

i meant from a defensive stand point the dogs dominated. not many ppl thought wartburg was going to win that game.

Hey Kaz, First I just want to congratulate the Indians on their victory, they played hard and didn't quit. But we did still move the ball in the second half, just couldn't score. I couldn't believe it but we had about as many yards in the second half as in the first. But I guess that goes to show stats don't mean much in the grand scheme of things, the main stat is the score, and you guys came out on top. I just hope our best lineman can make it back this week, it really hurt loosing him on the offense and defensive front. To the average person, loosing a stud up front might not be that noticeable but to someone that has lined up in the backfield (many moons ago in my case) its very noticeable. Not making excuses (because injuries are a part of the game) but if he doesn't get hurt in the 2nd qtr. maybe we could have given you guys a little better run in the second half. You all have a good team and I might add they seen to a be classy bunch of kids. I look forward to these two teams playing in the future, who knows, maybe next year we can get you all. Anyway, good luck the rest of the year.

I hope your lineman makes it back too! In fact, Im sure there are several schools who will send therapy items if needed to make sure he plays this Friday. Best of luck.

OldSchool31....We just had Old Man Mo on our side in the second half. You guys had a small army of players over on your side of the field, so I'm guessing your cupboard ain't completely dry. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying losing an elite lineman won't cause a leak in the machine.....cause I know how valuable quality parts are these days! I don't care how far our defense bends as long as they don't give up points. We should have made the play on 2 of the four of OS's touchdowns in the first half. Our boy got brain lock on BOTH of those fourth down plays. Unacceptable...!Hey, you all take real good care of Sunbutt. Give'em a steady dose of Miller and Co. We weren't rootin' for ya last week, but this week we are your #1 fans!

:thumb: Kazamanaro :thumb:

It's hard to compare the teams in this region because they are all so young. Even Greenback and Rockwood fall into this mix. OS scored on a very similar pass play all 4 times last week! I think that might actually leave the realm of "getting beat" and cross into "not paying attention!" :roll: I think I remeber the stat that Oneida had 300+ yds of offense at Wartburg but only 7 points! It's game by game.

More so than any other year, the team playing the best in the next few weeks is going to have lots of sucess down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Edited by SmashMouth

Two poster about the Oneida / Wartburg game. One says it was close with special teams winning it for the dogs. The other claims the dogs dominated all night. I'm not sure either description is completely accurate. If memory serves correctly it was 13 - 7 dogs. That's not domination in very many books. Then the special team side. The dogs scored on a defensive scoop & score for one TD & a pick to set up the go ahead. Neither of which is a special teams play.

Either way we are not replaying the game this week even though I wish we could. Coalfield is gonna bring their best, always do. So is Oneida. I think Oneida's best is better than Coalfields best right now.

what I meant to say by special teams is wartburg forst Oneida to go on long drives all night Oneida had more yards than wartburg because they had to drive the length of the field on most of there drives its really hard on high school teams to drive 70 to 80 yards for points and wartburg done a really good job of fliping the field every chance they could

what I meant to say by special teams is wartburg forst Oneida to go on long drives all night Oneida had more yards than wartburg because they had to drive the length of the field on most of there drives its really hard on high school teams to drive 70 to 80 yards for points and wartburg done a really good job of fliping the field every chance they could

I'm pickin' up what your puttin' down now :thumb: