Westview @ Obion Co

treefitty74

I continue to be impressed with the play of the OCC receiving group. For the most part they are undersized and not gifted with great speed although I wouldn't call them slow. What I like is the intensity with which they perform. They block off the ball and they play hard every play when they aren't the primary receiver. Hats off to Tanner, Shawn, Nathan, McGrew, Fair and the others. Like someone said, if you don't get pressure on Trey, these kids will rip your heart out. I don't believe this group had three catches between them last season but look at them now! With just an average day by the defense I look for the Rebels to roll in this one.

ha it sounds like you obion fans are often high off the "big" win over dyersburg who is 2-5?? if you remember last year yall thought yall were so great and what happened? yalls guy that was suppose to be "unstoppable" got shut down the entire game. The only play he got all night was a trick play which i guess is the only way yall can score. I can't wait until the Westview defense sees this. Just wait to see what they do to yalls receivers this week....good luck :lol:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha it sounds like you obion fans are often high off the "big" win over dyersburg who is 2-5?? if you remember last year yall thought yall were so great and what happened? yalls guy that was suppose to be "unstoppable" got shut down the entire game. The only play he got all night was a trick play which i guess is the only way yall can score. I can't wait until the Westview defense sees this. Just wait to see what they do to yalls receivers this week....good luck :lol:

Last year? Ok, I'll pick Westview to win last year. What, oh this topic is about this year huh. OK, then I will still say the Rebels win. Westview is a good team, and no one expects them to lay down. I believe everything I have read has been about this being a tough and close game. Seems Westview won a close game earlier this year if I remember correctly. So, it wouldn't look good for your team if OC beats Westview, huh.

And yes, I guess those tricky runs and tricky pass plays are the only way OC has scored this year. Whoever heard of such a thing!! :roll::o

The Rebels are on fall break this week. I hope they maintain their intensity and concentration all week. Westview is a good team just as they usually are. The Rebels will need a complete and solid game from both offense and defense, but I know they are capapble of it. Westview may have an edge in the kicking game, they usually do. But the Rebels are at home, so I still think we have an edge this time. The Chargers will bring a crowd and it should be a good atmosphere, good weather, and good game.

Go Rebels!!

Last year? Ok, I'll pick Westview to win last year. What, oh this topic is about this year huh. OK, then I will still say the Rebels win. Westview is a good team, and no one expects them to lay down. I believe everything I have read has been about this being a tough and close game. Seems Westview won a close game earlier this year if I remember correctly. So, it wouldn't look good for your team if OC beats Westview, huh.

And yes, I guess those tricky runs and tricky pass plays are the only way OC has scored this year. Whoever heard of such a thing!! :roll::o

ha im pretty sure i said something about yall beating a horrible dyersburg team this year and now yal think yal can beat Westview? i guess they`ll have to teach yall this year like they did last year when they put a old fashioned wooping on yall.... :lol:

Westview's strength is their defense....They will be tested...Last season OC had a great threat at QB but he wasn't that great a passer...He liked to run more than he liked to stand in the pocket and pick out the open receiver...He would take huge losses trying to make a play...He made plenty of them, no doubt, but he hurt the offense on several occasions as well...Westview's challenge will to be able to cover the Rebels receivers...All five of them at times while getting enough pressure on Phipps to make him rush throws....Draws and screens will stave off the pressure...This is the biggest challenge of the year for the Rebel linemen...

Westview's offense isn't spectacular although our defense, except for 5 quarters, has made a couple of ordinary offenses and players look like 5-Star college prospects...OC has to make Westview one dimensional on offense....

Can Westview defend an all out passing attack ??...We'll see...OC needs some stops on defense...

One thing is true...OC's offense is overall better than last year's unit...Another is this game isn't on the turf at UTM...It's at OC and I got a feeling the guys are going to be real fired up to play at home, again, finally and they know the stakes....

Yeah, he has been looking to this game pretty much all season..

A lil more than ready if I'd say so....

The key in this game will still be OC's D......If we can see those boys like we know they can play, I expect a good outcome on Friday.....BUT if we see another game like Covington or Sikeston...it will be another high scoring game and with the advantage towards Westview.....I know OC is ready for this....It's time to beat these guys.....

GO REBELS!!