Westview @ Obion Co

treefitty74

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what is funny about Westview fans...They think they are pretty much God's gift to football...Maybe they could have been had it not been for Milan, Camden and back in the 90's Union City and even Huntingdon....You also act like OC has never beaten Westview although the series tally is Westview 15 wins and OC 11 wins, which is less than impressive considering the lack of success of the OC football program as a whole...For a program that has had three pro players go through the program in the recent past, it's a program, other than one time it reached the state finals, has really done nothing at the state level...For a cheerleading school it does have a nice football program, all things considered...

I'm not really seeing the relevance of you continually referring back to last year's game..It has ZERO importance to this year's game....

This lack of respect is what OC has to deal with with just about everyone they play though...EVERYONE on OC's schedule feel like it's a game they can put in the win column...I'm positive Dyersburg thought that...Didn't matter they were 2-4..In their minds they had just beaten the #2 team in the state...How in the world could OC beat them ??...Gibson County will be the same way...

Keep on thinking that...I doubt the coaches think that after seeing the film on OC though....It's real hard to get kids to think the same way though...

Just Sayin'....

haha how long did it to think about all that...its pretty cute if i say so myself....just wait for friday night i promise you that you wont say another word..... :lol:

lol i swear obion county fans are funny. They think they can beat Westview because they have won a few games. What happened last year? If i recall the same exact thing and Westview wooped their tail. I don't see why people are thinking Westview is bad because they lost a few games. They lost two games by 2 and 3 points then got beat by a very good Memphis Trezevant team. I mean they did beat us so they cant be too bad just saying.

I have read no where on here where anyone said WV was a bad team!

Nobody has said they were a bad team...

I'll tell you what is "cute" though...Someone talking ish about a program that has 10 winning seasons since 1961...That takes balls right there...

Every fan base has its retards. Not sure why a Milan fan is posting on a OC/WV thread. It's hard to believe that OCCHS has had so few winning seasons, that said most Westview fans have the utmost respect for the Rebels and it will be a hard fought game on both sides of the ball and it is anybodies game in my humble opinion.

I'll take Westview in this one. OC's defense has struggled according to the OC posters on here and I really don't see OC stopping Westview's run game. If OC can turn this into a shootout and get a turnover or 2 here and there, OC could sneak up and beat Westview.

Westview - 33 (GC blocked 2 XP's so I think OC can block 2 as well, lol)

OC - 21

[someone posted this:

There is no local team that can cover 6 receivers when a QB is as hot as Trey Phipps was Friday ,That is certainly true, since it is impossible to have 6 receivers in a legal pass play. Five ineligible offensive linemen plus the QB as the passer. Maybe we have in mind "Phipps to Phipps" or something like that.

Good luck to both teams this Friday. I assure you that WHS is not over looking OC and we know you guys have a very good team. We'll leave the trash talking to others. It should be a good game. Your team has some good chemistry and good players.

Rebels loose a tough game tonight. Had a chance or two to take lead. To Many Yellow flags again on the Rebels side and then turnovers.

To be a good team...you have to beat the good team(s) and it just seems the Rebels get so close and no cigar. I am and have been hopeful that each big game week will be that win but still waiting.

The Rebels had a chance to prove themselves tonight and have come a LONG way in a few years. Seems the playoff hopes are very slim now. Still have the chance but who knows with this crap the TSSAA has for a playoff system. The best the Rebels can do now is 5 and 5. They will beat Gibson County and should beat Ripley but who knows on that game also. This ALL depends on what Rebel team shows up. Chemistry is still the key and there is something missing.

With having a back like Fair....even on a team like Westview..he has to have more than 4 yards. The Rebels needs more running game to add to him. The passing game is there but can win in playooffs with just a passing game...ain't going to work. They ( Westview ) keyed on Fair and kept him down...Cody knew coming in what to do and did. Fair gets 100 yrs tonight and the Rebels win.

Keep fighting hard...keep heads up and things will happen sooner or later. Good luck the rest of the season and "possible" playoffs.