South Pittsburg at Lookout Valley

Roy Dillard

Those women love to shop. :rolleyes: I was thinking about going to the game. Maybe we could all go eat at the Chinese Buffet in LV before the game. Roy & Old Pirate could join us. :roflol:

I rode by that practice field again today and their was nobody their at 4:00. What is Grider thinking not practicing these boys all week? This is a bunch of mess. I garuntee you it will catch up with us in the playoffs. These boys should be practicing everyday this week. You think im joking but im not. I went in Foodland and somebody told me that school was on some kind of break this week, but that doesn't mean Grider has to not practice our boys. Our boys need to be lifting weights all week to get real strong for the game Friday. This is a bunch of mess. I garuntee you that I wont be eating in Chinese food. That stuff really works on my bowels. I will be spending the game in the restroom instead of watching our boys.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SP starters need to play longer in this game so they will not cramp up when we play Polk next week...I know you should not run up the score..and I am not saying to...but...got to get them game ready...Can't be having boys hold the back of their legs and going out in crucial moments of big games..Now Roy, Thats a bunch of mess having our boys cramp up...They need their red bull :thumb:

Those women love to shop. :rolleyes: I was thinking about going to the game. Maybe we could all go eat at the Chinese Buffet in LV before the game. Roy & Old Pirate could join us. :roflol:

Well that would be great for me to do that but since I'm the only one in the family that will eat chinese that's kinda out the door but I would love to sit down with you NoComp and see if we could talk with Roy and Oldpirate and pick there brain and see what make's them tick. Those two kinda of remind me of the masked wrestler's from year's ago. I'm just wondering if there actually going over to LV to scout that giant they say they have for the wrestling circuit and Roy and Oldp are going to be his manager. Ok now back to the game,I agree we need to play the starter's a little longer this week just for game experince only and I hope the LV people and coaches will understand but you know there's only a few that will come to the game so Grider need's to go ahead and just do what's best for SP and don't worry about what everybody else thinks. I will say after the 3rd quarter to make sure all starter's are out though so we don't risk injury. By the way does the same people that do the concessions at LV baseball games do they do the football game? They have some killer food especially the bbq!!!!

You don't need Red Bull. The kids need to drink water. That is the only way to properly dydrate. Yes, SP better get ready for next week. I have a bad feeling about going up to Polk County next week. That is one game I am hoping to win, but not expecting to win. I just hope all of them come out healthy in that game.

Seen Polk play Bradley Central first game of the season(August 20). Not that speedy or quick, they just powerful and constantly coming. Bradley was able to wear them down midway through the third with their speedy recievers and backs. They like to run a few gadget plays throughout the game so Our DB's must stay at home and not bite too much. Bradley was able to put pressure on Polk's QB and force some busted plays. Our backs and recievers have way more speed than Bradley, our QB is way better than theirs so our passing attack will be good. Our defense will no doubt put alot of pressure on their QB and force a few turnovers. It's the gadget plays that concern me so Coach Vic must emphasize cover and containment all night. My prediction---SP-35 and PC-22. Close until the fourth starts wearing on Polks big defensive lineman.-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates!

I hope you are right Howie, but I am not betting on a win over Polk County-Benton after what I saw last season. They came to South Pittsburg and were by far the best team South Pittsburg played all season. I am hoping to win that game, but really not expecting it. I think we are losing site of something here. People are saying Bradley is a average 6A team. Well they only beat Polk by a few scores. Average 6A teams are awfully hard for good 1A teams to match. All I am saying is that just because a 6A team managed to squeak out a victory doesnt mean this 1A team is going to be able to match that.

I hope you are right Howie, but I am not betting on a win over Polk County-Benton after what I saw last season. They came to South Pittsburg and were by far the best team South Pittsburg played all season. I am hoping to win that game, but really not expecting it. I think we are losing site of something here. People are saying Bradley is a average 6A team. Well they only beat Polk by a few scores. Average 6A teams are awfully hard for good 1A teams to match. All I am saying is that just because a 6A team managed to squeak out a victory doesnt mean this 1A team is going to be able to match that.

I saw the SP-Bradley scrimmage back the last week of July and our first string starters were 1-0-1 against them. Our junior squad lost 2td's to 1. I'm basing my opinion on the fact that on that same day we ripped through East Ridge, McMinn Central, and neither of those teams scored on us. And not to mention, #11 had a field day against every team that day and our defense clobbered all opposing QB's. Do I think Polk is a much better team than the beginning of the season, absolutely! But, Sp is a much better team also since losing to Signal. You can actually see the tenacity and sense of focus SP has now. #12 is getting better each week and so is our backups. By the way, Bradley is a very strong 6-2 and just beat a Soddy-Daisy team that was ranked in the polls. Go with SP over Polk up in Benton. That "Eight Foot Feller" that lives up in the Chilhowee Mountains on the other side of Copper Hill, won't be able to play against the Pirates next week. Roy's takin' him on a free cruise that Roy won yesterday on "Facespace".-------HowiePirate---class of 1985! Go Pirates! Hello! What does PirateTom and PirateMike think about that "Eight Foot Feller" that Copper Basin will be loaning out to opposing teams the rest of the season. Will he play against us come first or second round?

Edited by howiepirate

SP starters need to play longer in this game so they will not cramp up when we play Polk next week...I know you should not run up the score..and I am not saying to...but...got to get them game ready...Can't be having boys hold the back of their legs and going out in crucial moments of big games..Now Roy, Thats a bunch of mess having our boys cramp up...They need their red bull :thumb:

They should keep the starting D in there and rotate key people coming in from the bench and practice stopping the dive.

I hope Grider practices our boys hard today. We have not practiced all week. Grider should give our pass defenders some extra long spikes so they can be a little taller to defend that real tall boy Lookout has. I garuntee you that we are going to have to put two men on him to defend him. Let me ask you a question. Is Grider practicing these boys at a private location so these Lookout coaches can't scout us. I garuntee you that they would be trying to see how we are going to defend this boy. You think im joking but im not.