who wins the 1A state championship

csa

Man what is with us SP fans always getting on here and saying were the best. SP does have a good team and I would consider us the favorites(that my opinion)but I think it will be close once all the top teams play each other. The word around SP is G'ville is the team to beat and that is probably because we play them in the playoffs every year and we know they are good. Teams that throw the ball good not alittle bit has the best chance to beat sp. I dont think there is any team in 1A that throws the ball better than Signal. So I think you will have to throw the ball and have a good defence to beat SP. I will say this since 07 SP has drop in talent little by little. And the 08 team was better then the 09 team. And I dont get to watch teams in the west play so I dont know who is good and who is not. Go Pirates

Oh...if we didn't fumble against SM...we had an off night against Cascade...Vic ain't a coach...we're running the wrong offense...it was raining...:roflol:

You must have me confused with some the other Pirate faithful...I said all along we would have a hard time beating Signal and try to never make excuses...I have been guilty of saying we were outcoached or question our teams toughness but he excuses galore mentioned above no....lol come one now cupcake u can do better than that....Uh oh TrainTracks has garnered attention from your other cupcake friend from WC....TrainTracks better lock it up and call it a night....

You must have me confused with some the other Pirate faithful...I said all along we would have a hard time beating Signal and try to never make excuses...I have been guilty of saying we were outcoached or question our teams toughness but he excuses galore mentioned above no....lol come one now cupcake u can do better than that....Uh oh TrainTracks has garnered attention from your other cupcake friend from WC....TrainTracks better lock it up and call it a night....

:roflol: UC barked last yr huh was you running around the train tracks screaming WHO TURNED THE DOG'S OUT you sound like you was not loved when you was a kid and need some attention poor little feller :roflol:

There's only one reason that South Pittsburg is good, that reason?

The kids that can't make the team at Ooltewah go to South Pittsburg to play. That's what it boils down to.

Edited by jusboro

:roflol: Well there ya go...there's your excuse...outcoached. If that makes you sleep better at night. :roflol: I figured you'd watch Thomas the Train on the Noggin Channel to go to sleep at night.

I never said that SP and Gordonsville were head and shoulder above everyone else...I said two best teams and IDK if I would call Gville a power house but they are a very respectable program...With that being said I will say that SP is above the rest...I have talked to others who have seen JB and Wayne Co play as well as us...Speed and talant wise it's no comparison so unless we don't play like we are capable or our coaches choke we will take care of business...If u have as much confidence in your team send me a message in private and we can talk...

I'm not sure which game your guy watched Wayne County play but they played horrible in the MTP game and the rest have been blow outs. WC has played every kid on the team in several games and I'm not sure but we have had a few starters miss several games. I'm thinking that we have yet to have every single starter play at the same time. I hope you all keep thinking WC & JB aren't very good because 1 of them will beat you.

Oh...if we didn't fumble against SM...we had an off night against Cascade...Vic ain't a coach...we're running the wrong offense...it was raining...:roflol:

You are to address him as Mr. Grider or Coach Grider. You need to be respectful of your elders. Didn't your mama teach you any better than that boy? :thumb:

There's only one reason that South Pittsburg is good, that reason?

The kids that can't make the team at Ooltewah go to South Pittsburg to play. That's what it boils down to.

What in the world is this guy talking about? Ooltewah? That's a new one to me. Ooltewah is like 1 hour away from South Pittsburg. You have South Pittsburg confused with East Hamilton. East Hamilton is where alot of Ooltewah kids are going now. I don't think SP has ever had any kids from Ooltewah? That was a very off the wall comment.

Man what is with us SP fans always getting on here and saying were the best. SP does have a good team and I would consider us the favorites(that my opinion)but I think it will be close once all the top teams play each other. The word around SP is G'ville is the team to beat and that is probably because we play them in the playoffs every year and we know they are good. Teams that throw the ball good not alittle bit has the best chance to beat sp. I dont think there is any team in 1A that throws the ball better than Signal. So I think you will have to throw the ball and have a good defence to beat SP. I will say this since 07 SP has drop in talent little by little. And the 08 team was better then the 09 team. And I dont get to watch teams in the west play so I dont know who is good and who is not. Go Pirates

Lol well I don't get on here saying Sp will mercy rule Signal like most did...I'm a realest and know football...I disagree strongly about this years team not being as talented as 08 and 09....In 08 the offense was not nearly as good as this years or last years...It did have a great Defense especially early on when Jones played both ways...Not sure why the coaches didn't let that guy play on D in playoffs but that's another topic altogether...Last years offense and this years are pretty equal however this year we are not nearly as predictable as last and have been a much more proficient team throwing the ball when needed so far....However u have ur own opinion and I have mine...We will see who's right and who's wrong at end of the year....IF we stay healthy we will be hands down the favorite to add another Gold Ball this year....TrainTracks just calls it like he sees it....Whether u want the truth or not is another issue...Fwiw if progression goes as normal we will be just as strong next year with the year after (2012) possibly fielding the most talanted team we have seen come through the school....As TrainTracks has stated several times talant doesn't always equal wins but with the freshman and sophomores we have that 2012 team is going to be LOADED! SP fans better be cocky and brag and live it up this year and the following three years because after 2013 it's going to be payback time for the cupcake schools...Haha that's when the Train will OFFICIALLY come to a screeching halt and ol TrainTracks will be wearing a bag over his head at games

WCHS Grad, is Wayne County-Waynesboro better than they were last season. Roy's book said that they didn't have alot of starters returning except for the Rice boys? I am sure Wayne County-Waynesboro is a pretty good team. I am not doubting that at all, but I am betting on them being the 3rd or 4th best team in 1A this season. Do they have a shot? Of course they do, but I think the other three teams Jo Byrns, So. Pitt and Gordonsville have a little bit better odds.

Well I agree with u on half that statement seven... 08 was better than last year but we are as good if not better this year at every position except QB and Millard has played lights out so far and better than most thought... TR has hurt us at safety more so than QB....U saw is play SM and the other teams u saw play who? Exactly! No way to compare when there competition was no where close to what Signal Mtn was.... After TC plays them maybe then everyone will get a better picture..... Oh and Mickey Mouse fan boys.....Go win a gold ball first...Then talk...Until then ur just like a puppydog yapping that hasn't been dewormed yet

Hey Traintracks99: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Doggie! Them westside boys talk alot of junk don't they? HowiePirates got ye back buddy! JB is the equivalent to a Cascade or a Boyd B kind of team. We scored 90 points total against them and only gave up 6. They both were ranked in 2A also. So let them JB boys talk all the junk they want cuz at the end of the game if they ever face us, they will be handin out shower towels to the Pirates. So let Moto and Shep live in Walt Disney World with the rest of the pretenders while we live reality as champions! Go suck on ur pacifiers JB! And let this be a warnin' to all that we Pirates play to win and play to win with NO MERCY!-------HowiePirate--Class of 1985! Here Sheppie Baby! Want some cornbread? It's all about the cornbread in them cast-iron skillets!