CAK Vs Kingston

WarriorFan74

Good game. CAK won the game, Kingston definitely won the battle of the bands. One question, Was it me or did our roster look depleted? I didnt count, but it looks like we dressed alot less players than in the beginning of the year. I know of several injuries, but it was noticeable to me.

Reece Duncan was in the hospital, Berrong and Newman were out of town. those are the only people that were not there that I know of

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truer words were never spoken. I was very impressed with that band.

I was not impressed with the CAK defense in the first half. Slant route killed us (not sure if that was the CB or the OLB fault) and the front 7 was getting pushed around. Offense wasnt great but they kept us in the game. 2nd half was a different story. the defense came to play with 2 picks and a ball jarring hit from the secondary and the front 7/8 played much better and basically shut down the kingston running game. Kingston scored late against the CAK 2's.

We'll hafta come out a little more loose and excited next game. It seems like we're sometimes, especially on defense, a little tight and almost scared to mess up.

Just a thought: the defense's best games have come in the pre-season, when it didnt really matter and they were just out there having fun and playing to prove themselves. Havnt played that way since, but they need to. They looked darn good then but havnt really been "themselves" since then. Any thoughts on what needs to happen to get the attitude back like it was? Or am I totally wrong?

What happened at halftime?????

Always good to get another win. :thumb: Kingston had some nice athletes and played hard. (Wow, fabulous band with lots of energy, and they did their best to distrupt our offense) Not surprised by the first half performance after an off week and fall break, but I was hoping for 4qtrs of good football rather than just the second half from the Warriors. I will give the team credit for bucking up and taking control in the second half like they needed to on both sides of the ball, but this has become a troubling personality of this team. I have ideas about the defense, but at this point in the season I don't want to come across as trying to be the coach. So, I'll just say this, if CAK doesn't find an answer to stopping that inside trap, then we are all going to be disappointed.

It was good to see the inteceptions(3) lastnight by the Warriors. All of which were good plays by the defense, not tips or bad passes. The caused fumble was nice as well. The blocked punt was disappointing but not surprising. Kudo's to both CAK kickers! In the absence of our injured kicker the duties were efficiently handled. The freshman didn't miss an extra point, had nice heighth on the kicks, and seemed poised. The last second soccer convert who handled kick offs got a work out with all the scoring, but did a very nice job, with at least 2 maybe 3 kicks landing in the end zone for touchbacks. Nice job guys of stepping up. :thumb:

FBD...

do you have any thoughts on what I was referring to in my earlier post about the attitude of the defense?

If I were in the locker room or on the practice field coaching everday I would have more insight regarding the problems & the solutions to our defensive struggles, but of course I'm not. From the bleachers I haven't noticed the defense playing "tight" as much as I have noticed busted assignments & lack of intensity. Maybe a "fresh" scheme mixed in with the base defense would excite some of the players who appear to have become complacent. BUT... unless the players decide to apply themselves, it really doesn't matter what scheme you play, we won't be as successful as any of us would like.

Here's how it boils down to me: Defense is all about ATTITUDE & EFFORT. The attitude that you're not going to get an inch of the turf I'm defending. And if you do take an inch, I'm going to make it so painful that you will not want to try to get another one. An attitude that says I will not allow you to block me. An attitude that says I will not be the weakest link in this chain. An attitude that gives you the energy to excert the effort to fight off a double team or to bust a gut down the field to make a tackle that ultimately wasn't your responsibility. It's about all 11 guys working together, having each others back, and not worrying about whose name, right or wrong, gets announced on the PA about making the tackle. An attitude & effort that would require the announcer to say "tackled by a host of Warriors". And here's the catch: you've got to do that every play, from the 1st Qtr til the final horn in the 4th qtr. Our defense, despite playing at Offense U, has got to develop some pride about the way they perform (in both halves of the game, not just the 2nd half). Don't just be satisfied with "bend but don't break". rant.gif

Sorry, but you asked :D

Someone mentioned the inside trap earlier and stopping it from my perspective when you play a running team play a run defense for example a 5-2 add an extra lineman on the nose and play gap quit thinking a 4-4 is all you can play cak has a good d regardless of all the nay Sayers their still winning. I say take your regular 5 guys and stack the middle play 67 or 71 on the nose and the other at tackle 75 39 and 78 should stay put also I notice the d line reads more than exploding into the o line but gang that's how they are coached they are told to read just like college players so my advice and it means nothing try a 5-2 or 5- 3 couldn't hurt. In the end we ate still 8-0 so why complain

If I were in the locker room or on the practice field coaching everday I would have more insight regarding the problems & the solutions to our defensive struggles, but of course I'm not. From the bleachers I haven't noticed the defense playing "tight" as much as I have noticed busted assignments & lack of intensity. Maybe a "fresh" scheme mixed in with the base defense would excite some of the players who appear to have become complacent. BUT... unless the players decide to apply themselves, it really doesn't matter what scheme you play, we won't be as successful as any of us would like.

Here's how it boils down to me: Defense is all about ATTITUDE & EFFORT. The attitude that you're not going to get an inch of the turf I'm defending. And if you do take an inch, I'm going to make it so painful that you will not want to try to get another one. An attitude that says I will not allow you to block me. An attitude that says I will not be the weakest link in this chain. An attitude that gives you the energy to excert the effort to fight off a double team or to bust a gut down the field to make a tackle that ultimately wasn't your responsibility. It's about all 11 guys working together, having each others back, and not worrying about whose name, right or wrong, gets announced on the PA about making the tackle. An attitude & effort that would require the announcer to say "tackled by a host of Warriors". And here's the catch: you've got to do that every play, from the 1st Qtr til the final horn in the 4th qtr. Our defense, despite playing at Offense U, has got to develop some pride about the way they perform (in both halves of the game, not just the 2nd half). Don't just be satisfied with "bend but don't break". rant.gif

Sorry, but you asked :D

You dont have to apologize to me. I love it!! :thumb: