djdoda

Top Linebacker In District 7  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is better?

• Hunter Thompson (Blackman)
    • Deon Meadows (Smyrna)
    • Jaiari Dunaway (Siegel)
    • Jess Patton (Blackman)

What About Chase Erickson From Independence? he leads district 11-AAA in tackles and is in the top 5 in 6a hes only a junior go do some research about him ull be really surprised hes under rated by too many

Many times a highschool LB can have alot of tackles because his defense is on the field ALOT, and that is especially true for a team that is not very good! i'm not saying this guy chase falls into that category, but it might be! He also might be under the radar because he is a very good high school linebacker but does not have potential to play at the next level. I'm not saying that is true, again i don't know him, but it could be. If you come to district 7AAA and you watch the 4 guys that have been mentioned(Meadows, Patton, Thompson, dunaway) you will see guys who are big, fast, and will knock you out! They will play at the next level and these things put together mean they are not under the radar!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What About Chase Erickson From Independence? he leads district 11-AAA in tackles and is in the top 5 in 6a hes only a junior go do some research about him ull be really surprised hes under rated by too many

Independence Defense has no one on it thats top in the state. this is prob chase him self or his dad posting this. Being a good player on a sorry team dosnt take much.

I'd say Meadows would excel as either a will or a olb. Not really built for the mike or sam. :popcorneater:

I say Meadows is built for the mike position plays mike on smyrna and also is a 4 yr starter at 5'11 215 he is the real deal also has lead the district in tackles tha past two seasons

I say Meadows is built for the mike position plays mike on smyrna and also is a 4 yr starter at 5'11 215 he is the real deal also has lead the district in tackles tha past two seasons

I agree with everything you say about meadows except that he is built for the Mike LB position. At the next level he will play OLB. He has the speed and hitting explosiveness, but he is not tall enough or big enough to play the Mike at D1 level. Those guys are at minimum 6'1" to 6'4" and 230 to 240lbs. Now i know there are exceptions to this, but rarely at your bigger programs. I hope he has the grades because if he does, he will be a good one!

I think Deon actually plays sam or strong side lb. I don't think Smyrna play a three linebacker set unless I missed something. I will say this it is well known that he does not care for attacking in the middle. Much prefers coming down the line to get his plays. It takes a special kid to want that kind of contact. Mike is as much of a mental position than a physical position, thats why you see more undersized pros at mike than anywhere else in the front seven.

Maybe even a little wacky, anybody seen....... Hunter "Thor" Thompson #11 Blackman. Just ask Tee Mayberry. CLICK FRICKIN CLACK! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

I think Deon actually plays sam or strong side lb. I don't think Smyrna play a three linebacker set unless I missed something. I will say this it is well known that he does not care for attacking in the middle. Much prefers coming down the line to get his plays. It takes a special kid to want that kind of contact. Mike is as much of a mental position than a physical position, thats why you see more undersized pros at mike than anywhere else in the front seven.

Maybe even a little wacky, anybody seen....... Hunter "Thor" Thompson #11 Blackman. Just ask Tee Mayberry. CLICK FRICKIN CLACK! :popcorneater:

Unless i'm not reading the title of this thread, it is the best linebacker in Tennessee - why are only nashville kids listed? There's an outstanding linebacker in Chattanooga from East Ridge - most tackles by far in entire state - Stephan Nelson - over 160 tackles in 8 games - lightning quick! Also check out hard-hitting middle linbacker J Rudwell from Ooltewah (#2 in tackles in state for LB). What are stats from the 4 nashville boys listed in voting?

Unless i'm not reading the title of this thread, it is the best linebacker in Tennessee - why are only nashville kids listed? There's an outstanding linebacker in Chattanooga from East Ridge - most tackles by far in entire state - Stephan Nelson - over 160 tackles in 8 games - lightning quick! Also check out hard-hitting middle linbacker J Rudwell from Ooltewah (#2 in tackles in state for LB). What are stats from the 4 nashville boys listed in voting?

Its Rutherford Co. kids, not Nashville kids. Big difference when you look at the level of play

OK, i'll bite. What are the solo/assist stats for the best four linebackers in murfreesboro?

Don't know stats, but if you can find a better collection in the State it would suprise me.

Most Athletic - Meadows....not really close

Most Intelligent - Patton...not close either

Most physical - Thompson....maybe a little closer

Most Complete - Dunnaway....Big, Physical, Athletic, (not sure about intellect)

I would take either. If I had to choose a pair to go with, I'd say that Meadows/Thompson or Patton/Dunnaway would compliment each other very nicely....but I liked the other guy's idea of having all four in a 3-4 defense or even a 4-3 defense with Meadows as a SS. Either of those would be SCARRRRRRY!