• Hunter Thompson (Blackman)
    • Deon Meadows (Smyrna)
    • Jaiari Dunaway (Siegel)
    • Jess Patton (Blackman)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all hype unless we see performance in the games - STATS! This is how every football player is judged - by stats. Please, can we see some solid results? Where are they compiled? Thanks!

Stats are just a small part of how a player is judged at the high school level. The eye in the sky does not lie. That is what colleges want to see, the film sir, show me the film.

If you play on a really good team like Smyrna or Blackman, your defense has not played at least 6, 7, or 8 quarters because you have been ahead by so much late in the game that the 2nd and 3rd teams are given a chance to play. That is nearly 2 full games that a LB misses to increase his stats verses a guy who plays on an average team or poor team and is on the field the whole game.

Also, if you play on a really good team and are ahead early and often, the offense of your opposition begins to throw the ball instead of run it and once again your chances to build your stats decreases verses a LB that plays on a not so good team and his team gets behind on the score board so the other team begins to shut it down and run left and run right therefore it increases the chances for a guy to build or pad his stats.

other things to consider: Level of play! There is alot of difference between 1A, 2A etc. verses 6A. I remember a young man a few years ago who played for Middle TN Christian at 1A and he had like a 150 tackles in one season and i don't think he could have started at LB anywhere at the 6A level.

**dunaway at siegel plays outside linebacker 98% of the time and so teams often check away from him. this makes a huge difference in his stats!

** Meadows, Patton and Thompson all have to be considered when putting in an offensive game play and must often be double teamed. this makes a difference too!

**Size, speed and potential skills to play at the Division 1A or 1AA level must also be considered when picking the best. All 4 of the above guys have these qualities necessary to play at the next level of 1A or 1AA.

**if you play on a great team defense, you will not have as high of stats because there are other players who are also making tackles verses playing on a weak defense and you are getting so many more opportunities to pad the stats!

**But my guess is all of these guys have very impressive stats, but that is such a small part of determining the best.

Stats are just a small part of how a player is judged at the high school level. The eye in the sky does not lie. That is what colleges want to see, the film sir, show me the film.

If you play on a really good team like Smyrna or Blackman, your defense has not played at least 6, 7, or 8 quarters because you have been ahead by so much late in the game that the 2nd and 3rd teams are given a chance to play. That is nearly 2 full games that a LB misses to increase his stats verses a guy who plays on an average team or poor team and is on the field the whole game.

Also, if you play on a really good team and are ahead early and often, the offense of your opposition begins to throw the ball instead of run it and once again your chances to build your stats decreases verses a LB that plays on a not so good team and his team gets behind on the score board so the other team begins to shut it down and run left and run right therefore it increases the chances for a guy to build or pad his stats.

other things to consider: Level of play! There is alot of difference between 1A, 2A etc. verses 6A. I remember a young man a few years ago who played for Middle TN Christian at 1A and he had like a 150 tackles in one season and i don't think he could have started at LB anywhere at the 6A level.

**dunaway at siegel plays outside linebacker 98% of the time and so teams often check away from him. this makes a huge difference in his stats!

** Meadows, Patton and Thompson all have to be considered when putting in an offensive game play and must often be double teamed. this makes a difference too!

**Size, speed and potential skills to play at the Division 1A or 1AA level must also be considered when picking the best. All 4 of the above guys have these qualities necessary to play at the next level of 1A or 1AA.

**if you play on a great team defense, you will not have as high of stats because there are other players who are also making tackles verses playing on a weak defense and you are getting so many more opportunities to pad the stats!

**But my guess is all of these guys have very impressive stats, but that is such a small part of determining the best.

This is kinda silly - why are you NOT directing us to where the stats are located at the same time providing excuses for why the boys of murfreesboro do not (presumably) have good stats? All outstanding linebackers in the rest of the state of TN have the same issues that you mention, but all have stats. Small part? How about 40 yd dash, shuttle, vertical leap, bench, clean . . . small part? HA! How about grade point averaqe? Small stat? Please direct us to the 2010 game stats of these boys, thank you.

This is kinda silly - why are you NOT directing us to where the stats are located at the same time providing excuses for why the boys of murfreesboro do not (presumably) have good stats? All outstanding linebackers in the rest of the state of TN have the same issues that you mention, but all have stats. Small part? How about 40 yd dash, shuttle, vertical leap, bench, clean . . . small part? HA! How about grade point averaqe? Small stat? Please direct us to the 2010 game stats of these boys, thank you.

If you had seen these guys in person you would then know how foolish you look for questioning their ability. But i will still give you all i can find. i don't know these guys personally nor do i know there coaches nor am i a research expert, but i do read alot about football in TN and so i know somethings. I am not trying to make excuses for anyone, but stats have context and just trying to be informative. i don't know where to get game stats for this year. Alot of teams do not report to local newspapers defensive stats or do not keep them on their website. But i would say that in light of their stats as juniors and size and speed (see below) there stats would be very good especially in light of the context that i mentioned in my previous post. No presumptions here at all, matter of fact i said just the opposite in my previous post if you would READ what i actually wrote. My point was, don't tell me a guy with 150 tackles over 10 games at 1A football who could not even get on the field at 6A in this district 7AAA is better simply because he has more tackles.

Last year, Meadows had around 125 tackles, Patton 109, Dunaway 83 and i remember reading that for all-midstate team, all state team in Tennessean. Scout.com reports that Meadows has offers from Arkansas and MTSU and ran a 4.68 forty at combine. Scout.com reports that Patton has offer from Air Force and ran a 4.67 at Furman Camp this summer and has a 29ACT. i know dunaway has been offered by UT and has committed there and that he ran a 4.55 at combine this summer. Not sure about Thompson's offers but was told he ran a 4.6 at camp this summer. Meadows listed at 6' and 205lbs. Patton at 6'2.5 and 215lbs. Dunaway at 6'1" 220lbs. Thompson at 6' and 230lbs. i would add one more LB to this elite list and that is david helton of baylor. Listed at 6'3" 215 pounds and committed to Duke! I also have read there are a couple of guys out west in the memphis area that will get D1 offers. If there are better linebackers in TN than these 5-7 guys, thin i'd like you to show me. You have a computer, do a little work for yourself instead of just "hating" on 4 of the best Linebackers in the state!

If you had seen these guys in person you would then know how foolish you look for questioning their ability. But i will still give you all i can find. i don't know these guys personally nor do i know there coaches nor am i a research expert, but i do read alot about football in TN and so i know somethings. I am not trying to make excuses for anyone, but stats have context and just trying to be informative. i don't know where to get game stats for this year. Alot of teams do not report to local newspapers defensive stats or do not keep them on their website. But i would say that in light of their stats as juniors and size and speed (see below) there stats would be very good especially in light of the context that i mentioned in my previous post. No presumptions here at all, matter of fact i said just the opposite in my previous post if you would READ what i actually wrote. My point was, don't tell me a guy with 150 tackles over 10 games at 1A football who could not even get on the field at 6A in this district 7AAA is better simply because he has more tackles.

Last year, Meadows had around 125 tackles, Patton 109, Dunaway 83 and i remember reading that for all-midstate team, all state team in Tennessean. Scout.com reports that Meadows has offers from Arkansas and MTSU and ran a 4.68 forty at combine. Scout.com reports that Patton has offer from Air Force and ran a 4.67 at Furman Camp this summer and has a 29ACT. i know dunaway has been offered by UT and has committed there and that he ran a 4.55 at combine this summer. Not sure about Thompson's offers but was told he ran a 4.6 at camp this summer. Meadows listed at 6' and 205lbs. Patton at 6'2.5 and 215lbs. Dunaway at 6'1" 220lbs. Thompson at 6' and 230lbs. i would add one more LB to this elite list and that is david helton of baylor. Listed at 6'3" 215 pounds and committed to Duke! I also have read there are a couple of guys out west in the memphis area that will get D1 offers. If there are better linebackers in TN than these 5-7 guys, thin i'd like you to show me. You have a computer, do a little work for yourself instead of just "hating" on 4 of the best Linebackers in the state!

C'mon, who is hating? Not me! You have provided some great starting stats for last year. I was just trying to get current game performance stats. A simple "the coaches/schools for these guys don't choose to report stats" would suffice. Appreciate your efforts - would love to see these four from the boro (and others from around TN)on tape (or DVD these days). Hope they ALL get colleges to provide scholorships! Good luuck this weekend and in playoffs.

C'mon, who is hating? Not me! You have provided some great starting stats for last year. I was just trying to get current game performance stats. A simple "the coaches/schools for these guys don't choose to report stats" would suffice. Appreciate your efforts - would love to see these four from the boro (and others from around TN)on tape (or DVD these days). Hope they ALL get colleges to provide scholorships! Good luuck this weekend and in playoffs.

If you go to "youtube" and type in name and school, you will find highlights of meadows,patton and i think thompson. I have not been able to find highlights of Dunaway. If you scroll down to 2nd page of CoachT football 6A, a guy named Stork Montgomery has Patton's senior highlights from his first 5 games. His website is www.storkmontgomery.com and it seems he used to do video for smyrna but now does it for Blackman. Anyway, on his site you can also see junior video of Meadows and Patton. Have fun and at least admit you were "hating" a little! <_<

I haven't read all the previous posts, and this may have already been said, but you can find some stats (leaders in passing, receiving, tackles, int's, etc.), on unapproved website----just google, select your state, select your category. When you see the rankings (#1, #2, etc.), you can click on the name of the kid and see his individual stats for all categories. Does not include 40 time, bench, etc., or GPA.

if all the rutherford county teams had losing records nobody would be talking about those 4 kids stats tell u whos the best overall cause thats how they performed so lets see some stats!

None of them do have losing records now do they! All four of these boys will more then likely will be playing D-1 college ball! How do you like that stat! :twisted: