South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

Not all Pirate fans are thinking the way Mr. Howie thinks. SP should not be the favorite in this game. Polk County-Benton is a ranked 3A team. It will be DIFFICULT for SP to come out of this with a win.

Polk County-Benton better take it easy on our boys. South Pittsburg is a GOOD 1A team this season, but Polk County-Benton is a GOOD 3A team. I believe someone said earlier that they will dress 70? How many does South Pittsburg dress? 40-45? Do the Polk County-Benton boys ALL play both ways? Depth could be an issue for the pirates in this one. Polk County-Benton was the best team SP played last season. I have a feeling they will be again this season as well. Hopefully everyone stays healthy with just a few weeks remaining before playoff time.

Polk has 2 players that play both ways - #12 Jared Allen plays QB,safety,and special teams

#38 Michael Hargrove LB, TE, and also special teams

Both are tremendous athletes and give everything they have every play. Polk has a lot of players to move in and do things like #22 Tyler Lee, #24 Alex Akins, and #55 Seth Philips just to name a few. It has been a great ride to watch #12, #22, #38, #20, #51, and #77 boys play.

Not all Pirate fans are thinking the way Mr. Howie thinks. SP should not be the favorite in this game. Polk County-Benton is a ranked 3A team. It will be DIFFICULT for SP to come out of this with a win.

Polk County-Benton better take it easy on our boys. South Pittsburg is a GOOD 1A team this season, but Polk County-Benton is a GOOD 3A team. I believe someone said earlier that they will dress 70? How many does South Pittsburg dress? 40-45? Do the Polk County-Benton boys ALL play both ways? Depth could be an issue for the pirates in this one. Polk County-Benton was the best team SP played last season. I have a feeling they will be again this season as well. Hopefully everyone stays healthy with just a few weeks remaining before playoff time.

That was last season buddy. Signal is the best team our boys will see this year and we let that one slip away. Have you ever seen PC play? Not as strong this year as last year and they play a very weak schedule, that is why they are not ranked as high as alot of people think they should be. Big---Yes. Strong---Yes. Tough---Yes. Speedy---No. #11 will have a field day once he gets through the line and #2 will split the defense wide open----this is true buddy.. Besides 73% so far have picked SP over PC here on CoachT and PC starts crampin up after three quarters of chasing SPEED PITTSBURG. So please, unless you've seen PC actually play; you opinion is based on assumptions and not mere fact. "REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD"-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates!

• Upvote 1

That was last season buddy. Signal is the best team our boys will see this year and we let that one slip away. Have you ever seen PC play? Not as strong this year as last year and they play a very weak schedule, that is why they are not ranked as high as alot of people think they should be. Big---Yes. Strong---Yes. Tough---Yes. Speedy---No. #11 will have a field day once he gets through the line and #2 will split the defense wide open----this is true buddy.. Besides 73% so far have picked SP over PC here on CoachT and PC starts crampin up after three quarters of chasing SPEED PITTSBURG. So please, unless you've seen PC actually play; you opinion is based on assumptions and not mere fact. "REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD"-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates!

Not as strong as last year? Who did we lose from last year that we didn't replace? The only game they cramped in was the first one and I am pretty sure everybody does in the first game where you play four quarters. Last year I think it was 92% that picked SP over us so that shows you how much people know on here. "REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD" well guess what "YOU CAN'T GET AHEAD WHEN YOU'RE GETTING EVEN". Anyways it's good to see you ain't trying to talk us up because our boys won't believe it. Looking forward to a great game. Have a safe ride up here and back.

Hey Geno: We sure did and we were 1-1-1. The only loss was our second and third stringers vs. their first string. #11 has a field day on Bradley, East Ridge, and McMinn County. Our defense clobbered Bradley's QB in the scrimmage and we returned an INT for a touchdown. I also went to the Bradley/Polk game back August 20 with PirateTom and seen that Polk is big and strong but not speedy at all. Bradley's speedy backs and recievers was able to wear them down early in the fourth. Them turnovers were not mental misques, but was pressure on the QB and good containment on the DB's part. Coach Vic must emphasize the importance of our DB's not bitin' but staying at home with deep third cover and containment. The Boys from Benton came at Bradley with trick gadget plays and an on-side kick that produced points. Bradley is a very strong 7-2 with a big win vs. Soddy Daisy, but we still whipped them in the scrimmage----seen that too. Polk has not played the kind of schedule South Pitt has and we have way more speed than Bradley so we should be a two-touchdown favorite no problem. Our defensive front must plug the gap and contain the QB and RB. That's the key to beatin Polk.---My prediction South Pitt35 Polk County22.-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates!---Hey Cousin: Don't forget my deer meat---thanks!

I'm not sure what BC v PC game you saw,,,,The turnovers that killed Polk in that game were a mishandled fair catch that set BC up inside the 15yd line and a running back fumble at BC's 40yd line which was returned to the 2yd line. Allen had an int. with under 2 minutes in the game when PC was down by two scores. Go ahead and start that "slow Polk" stuff again, but I bet you'll be by yourself on that one.

And there was no onside kick in the BC/PC game...

And Benton has a reputation as a speed trap, but it might be hard to stretch 2 police cars all the way down 411!!!!

Not as strong as last year? Who did we lose from last year that we didn't replace? The only game they cramped in was the first one and I am pretty sure everybody does in the first game where you play four quarters. Last year I think it was 92% that picked SP over us so that shows you how much people know on here. "REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD" well guess what "YOU CAN'T GET AHEAD WHEN YOU'RE GETTING EVEN". Anyways it's good to see you ain't trying to talk us up because our boys won't believe it. Looking forward to a great game. Have a safe ride up here and back.

Hey DmacDaddy: It ain't about getting even my brother, it's about us going up there and taking care of business. Just having a little fun and thanks for sportsmanship. Where can we meet at the game?-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985!

Polk has 2 players that play both ways - #12 Jared Allen plays QB,safety,and special teams

#38 Michael Hargrove LB, TE, and also special teams

Both are tremendous athletes and give everything they have every play. Polk has a lot of players to move in and do things like #22 Tyler Lee, #24 Alex Akins, and #55 Seth Philips just to name a few. It has been a great ride to watch #12, #22, #38, #20, #51, and #77 boys play.

Ummmmm????? Did you forget #40!!! Dear god man!!! Definitely the #3 defensive player beghind Allen and Hargrove if not right there with them.

I think people will be anxious to see what SP comes out like...I wish they would take it like a state game and send a message to the whole state in 1a

Mr. Murphy who obviously does not remember the PC/BC game, will definitely get a chance to see SP in action. By the way, the PCSD has cars stretched along the sides of the road while Mr. Murphy was sippin on some of that red coolaid PC is famous for. Put a little pressure on PC and they won't remember either. We will beat PC-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates! P.S.---It's about time some PC people started commenting about this week.

LMAO!!! You are seriously going to say that Polk will be cramped up from chasing SP!!! :roflol::roflol::blink::blink:

SP will be takin a knee to catch their breath before the end of the first half, just like last year. Lack of depth is going to kill SP in the long run. IF and only IF they can keep it close in the first half will they have a chance to catch their breath and have a successful 2nd half. And if you are going to base YOUR predictions off the BC vs. PC game you can go right ahead!!! Becaues your a dang fool if you are. This post obviously shows your age. I by far am no football guru but dude that was 9 weeks ago!!!

Mr. Murphy who obviously does not remember the PC/BC game, will definitely get a chance to see SP in action. By the way, the PCSD has cars stretched along the sides of the road while Mr. Murphy was sippin on some of that red coolaid PC is famous for. Put a little pressure on PC and they won't remember either. We will beat PC-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates! P.S.---It's about time some PC people started commenting about this week.

Powerp did you get you another username? :roflolk:

LMAO!!! You are seriously going to say that Polk will be cramped up from chasing SP!!! :roflol::roflol::blink::blink:

SP will be takin a knee to catch their breath before the end of the first half, just like last year. Lack of depth is going to kill SP in the long run. IF and only IF they can keep it close in the first half will they have a chance to catch their breath and have a successful 2nd half. And if you are going to base YOUR predictions off the BC vs. PC game you can go right ahead!!! Becaues your a dang fool if you are. This post obviously shows your age. I by far am no football guru but dude that was 9 weeks ago!!!

we need to stay in this Game and send a mesage that Spitt is ready for another Gold Ball. I doubt another single A Team can even come close to playing with Polk.. they have my respect for sure.. But Coach you wount wear us down..

Hey Geno: We sure did and we were 1-1-1. The only loss was our second and third stringers vs. their first string. #11 has a field day on Bradley, East Ridge, and McMinn County. Our defense clobbered Bradley's QB in the scrimmage and we returned an INT for a touchdown. I also went to the Bradley/Polk game back August 20 with PirateTom and seen that Polk is big and strong but not speedy at all. Bradley's speedy backs and recievers was able to wear them down early in the fourth. Them turnovers were not mental misques, but was pressure on the QB and good containment on the DB's part. Coach Vic must emphasize the importance of our DB's not bitin' but staying at home with deep third cover and containment. The Boys from Benton came at Bradley with trick gadget plays and an on-side kick that produced points. Bradley is a very strong 7-2 with a big win vs. Soddy Daisy, but we still whipped them in the scrimmage----seen that too. Polk has not played the kind of schedule South Pitt has and we have way more speed than Bradley so we should be a two-touchdown favorite no problem. Our defensive front must plug the gap and contain the QB and RB. That's the key to beatin Polk.---My prediction South Pitt35 Polk County22.-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates!---Hey Cousin: Don't forget my deer meat---thanks!

Geno..Sounds about right..

Edited by wingman10