South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

U.C. did it in the 1a State Title game. You guys were sitting home after Loudon punched your ticket up there in your 1st play-off game. First off, "bud", you didn't go back early in this thread like I said. Furthermore, if you go back, you will see that I stated in plain English the Pirates got monkey stomped. It was probably the worst whipping since Cloudland in the semi-final game in 2001 or at least Gordonsville in 2006.

If you're gonna try and down us at least be correct about it. We played Loudon in the 2nd round. Just accept we were better tonight by alot :roflol: . Anyways im sure yall can make it back to state good luck to you in the playoffs.

youtube speichern[/url

Well, first let me ask..Roy..I seen a sign on the way up that said Rodney Dillard for Hamilton County School board..Is that your true name?? :roflol: Now on to the game...Going into this game all week I kept low and quiet..lets just say I had some inside info on what it was going to be like tonight..SP played hard first half and barring some turnovers Polk still wins but not like it ended up..Honestly my gut feeling was right..I thought Polk was about 2-3 touchdowns better and they were...SP was just outmanned tonight plain and simple...They should be ranked behind JB and WC in 1A..Who cares about rankings anyway..go out and prove yourself each week in the playoffs thats what really matters...As far as play calling tonight though I was confused some...We get a 3 and out after half break 2 10+ yard runs then go to three straight passes for some reason..I don't know..I think we need to use Demetric #2 like we did Rashawn in 07..they are similar I believe..maybe we are saving it for the playoffs...having Johnny Sellers back for the playoffs will be a big help as well...Overall, the boys tried hard, got took to the woodshed as old timers say, hopefully learned a lesson against a better and bigger school, and will come out and dominate 1A competition..I think they will be fine against 1A foes..not to many people if any has talent of Signal or Polk...so SP will be just fine...O and Jared Allen..my brother...your a ball player man..I tip my hat to you..good luck the rest of your baseball and football career in highschool and beyond :thumb: Now for the Pirates..regroup beat grace real quick next week and rest up for hopefully a championship run!!!

I just got home and let me tell you, our boys were not strong enough tonight. Grider should refund me my money for going and watching that bunch of mess. I tried to tell you Howie that those Polk boys were good. I had been reading about them in my book and I garunteed you those Polk boys were real big and strong. Let me ask you a question. What kind of defense was Grider running tonight? We had all of our big boys in there and they were too slow. Those Polk boys were knocking a hole every play in our line for their runners to run through. You think im joking cause im not. The lady at the concession stand was really nice. She gave me some free water to mix my hot cocoa in my Thermos. Let me ask you Polk people a question. How is that Davis boy already got that stadium named after him? He is really young to already have a stadium named after him. That Davis guy still did not shave his mustache.

First off great win for Polk tonight. Second we lost to Loudon in the 2nd round not the first, and if you'd look closely they only lose to Alcoa and CAK. Lastly, lots of respect for SP good luck in what I'm sure will be a long playoff run. Hopefully you can teach some humility to Copper Basin if you get the chance.

I didn't say first round, but 1st game because it thought you guys had a bye for winning the District last year. I'm familiar with Loudon and their tradition and am aware of the fact that they have a few AA gold and silver balls in their trophy case when a AA trophy was truly a AA trophy. :thumb:

If you're gonna try and down us at least be correct about it. We played Loudon in the 2nd round. Just accept we were better tonight by alot :roflol: . Anyways im sure yall can make it back to state good luck to you in the playoffs.

O.k. I clarified this above. I didn't say first round, I said 1st game. P.C. had a bye in the 1st round for winning the district. S.P. is fortunate to be getting a bye this year in the playoffs and think they will be o.k. in the 2nd round. However, they will be in a dogfight in the other games I suspect.

Edited by rlh

Actually we didn't get a bye. We played Kingston in the first round who is another team from Alcoa's district.

I didn't realize they TSSAA does everything different from group to group. Kingston has several gold and silver AA balls as well. I think Loudon and Kingston are doing fair at best this year.

I didn't realize they TSSAA does everything different from group to group. Kingston has several gold and silver AA balls as well. I think Loudon and Kingston are doing fair at best this year.

They are doing ok. If everything works out as it should we will play Kingston in the first round again, and if we win that one we would more than likely play CAK. So it will be a very tough road for us.

Looks like you really don't know what your talking about! Maybe you should take those blinders off and listen to powerp, who made a great post and gave credit where credit was due. The Polk team played fantastic tonight everyone done a great job. I'm proud for the whole group of young men. Good luck to Pirates in the playoffs hope you guy's win it all. How are we compared to Signal now that some of you SP fans have seen us both?

1st thing that needs to be said is.....CONGRATS to the Wildcats on the big win. Old Pirate was having a hard time remembering when a SP was so badly whipped as it was tonite. The QB and fullback are two fine players and a special congrats to you youngons. Dadburnit.....OP jest loved the power running game and it was obviuos you fellers were light years ahead of the Pirates physically. :thumb:

2nd thing..OP says congrats to # 42 (Parker) on a great game. The Pirates played hard and lost to a better more physical team but continued to fight. The Pirates as OP has repeatedly told folkes this team is no where near where it should be. Hate to sound like a naggy skillet slinger but OP has been concerned about the Pirates conditioning program. It has now been made crystal clear it needs an overhaul if they are to become more physical.

3rd thing...OP about tripped over a pile of Rose colored glasses jest outside the gate, purt near sure it was from a heep of skillet head SP folkes. Sorry fellers but some of you have it coming.

4th thing....The Pirates currently play in a watered down version of football compared to SP teams of the past. Don't recon it will do any good to point this out cause you fellers most likely ain't got a great grand pappy. OP don't want to down play the Pirates and their success but fact is this is an average team when compared to SP teams of the past. As posted earlier in the season while chatting here some skillet head SP fans were proclaiming this team as GREAT. NEWS FLASH......no GREAT team turns the ball over all the time and gets whipped the way they got beat tonite.

5th thing.....The Pirates control their own destiny and can still make a run at a state championship. The team hopefully now know they need to continue to work every day of every week to git better.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

well maybe all this speed talk will finally stop.. we have jus enough speed to complimiment our smash mouth style.. and i told u hargrove would be in ur backfield all night... maybe we respect now.... go polk

Polk has always gotten respect from SP. The history goes back. Polk played near perfect ball tonight. And when they didn't play perfect, they got the breaks. That's part of the game. Yes, a big physical team always seems to give little ole South Pittsburg problems. Well, you know what, it will forever be that way. Someone told me tonight that they wished SP would get a big bruiser of a runner like #39 for Polk. A big fullback that can run. Well, what people outside of SP and even some in SP don't realize is we do have those kind of players.... but because we are such a smalllllllll school, those guys have to play line. I guarantee you that if #76 Jakoby ran the ball, you will have a VERY tough time getting him down! If #50 ran the ball it would be the same way. But we don't have the liberty of choosing from 60-80 kids. We have some of the best coaches in the state! Sometimes I get upset with play calling, or not using timeouts properly, but you know what... I really don't think any of us could do better under the pressure. Coach Davis is a great coach and Polk Co and the rest of the people on here should have known Polk was gonna win. Maybe not by that much, but definitely win. Congrats to player of the game IMO Jared Allen. Played like a leader.