South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

I would like to thank the fine folks at Polk for a festive and friendly atmosphere. I enjoyed watching the young lads at Polk play this game. #12,& #38 have achieved legend status. These young lads played the game the right way. A legend like myself hasn't seen young lads like that at Polk in many years. Congratulations to the young lads on a nice game. The young lads at South Pittsburg seemed outmatched from the start in this one. Those young lads seemed to continue the fight deep into the game even when the outcome was evident. Kudos to those young lads for not shutting down and continuing to play the game with integrity.

Edited by TheLivingLegend

I agree with ya. The Pirates better not overlook these darkhorses that havent been around a while. But both Gordonsville and Copper Basin are back!

Why don't Copper Basin play Polk County? Because your coach knows you would lose. Playing between the two schools was opened two weeks ago and Coach Davis called up there and your coach didn't want to play because tie breakers go on overall wins. At least SP ain't afraid to play upper classes. So i guess you will schedual some more out of state games rather then come down the mt and get it handed to you :roflol:

нові авто

Sportman..You need to pay attention better. Our kids fought to the end. I'm proud of them. PC is just a better and deeper team

ZONE PLEASE PLEASE PUT A BUG IN SOMEOBODYS EAR TO START GETTING OUT OF THE FIELDHOUSE AND DO A GOOD STRETCHING ROUTINE AFTER HALFTIME! I AM NO CONDITONING EXPERT BUT RAY CHARLES COULD SEE THIS!

The score was not as it seemed I promise. SP will be heck on any team in 1A and I as a Polk fan will be right there pushin you guys on. I do agree about the conditioning issues. Pitt had a couple players with their hands on their knees before the end of the first quarter, BUT IMO they were more into the game than last years team because they didn't lay on the ground after every play and jump up crying to the officials for gettin hit too hard like last year. This is a quality team in black and orange and I hope the boys take it all the way! Good luck guys and take it to em.

If you want me to be honest and tell you who really runs gordonsvilles team and what their problem is I could tell you..I talked to 2 of their coaches that night and they were not shy about admitting the team was still not disciplined enough and other things I will not mention on here..I seen the game live against Watertown..got my hands on and seen video of games against TC and SC...I am just going to let SP prove to you especially what they have against 1a competition...so...get ready for an eye opener..their coming..don't blink :thumb: see ya in 3rd round..You will see

so you just walk up to our coaches before the game,no, no, they hunt you up to spill the beans. your about a joke. they will actually talk to me if i am around close. i will ask and see if your story holds up. sounds like you heard the rebroadcast of sports nuts before the game. coaches not going to talk to you give me a break.

Sportman..You need to pay attention better. Our kids fought to the end. I'm proud of them. PC is just a better and deeper team

I pay attention. Get off the sidelines and in the stand's and watch for yourself sometimes. Not all of our boy's did but most of them quit after those big country boy's hit them in the mouth. Say all you want we got whipped in every aspect of the game and I'm not making any excuses bc we got shalacked by a better team.

Yea Sportsman you should quit running that Pie Hole. I stayed until the end of the game and the South Pittsburg bunch battled and played hard until the end. Polk subbed a few guys on defense with about 5 minutes left, but their 1st team offense went back out with 3 minutes to go and South Pittsburg managed to force a punt. That right there tells me they didn't quit. Sportsman is ALOT like the rest of us SP fans. Anything less than a mercy rule win is considered a failure. I would have liked to won that game, but THE BEST team won.

Seem's like your another one with rose colored glasses on. I saw a SP team that layed down in the second half. I would have been happy if we played the last half as spirited as the first half and I know that PC had us outmanned but all the SP people crying about our boy's taking some vicious licks,well let's do something about it instead of crying. You and Zone need to get together and watch the game closely and you'll see what I'm talking about. The 2007 team didn't take to getting hit like that and that's why they won the state championship. Thses boy's can do that if they get a little tougher. By the way you don't have to get smart about anything I say. I love the Pirate's and have always supported them against the good and bad team's and the good season's and the few bad one's. I didn't jump on the bandwagon when we started winning all these game's. I've always and will be there buddy!!!

TrainTracks wasn't there but he heard differently as well..U can't compare every other state championship team to this one cause this one hasnt earned that yet...TrainTracks talked to three different people at the game and all said we played hard the whole game but the offense couldn't stay on the field and the defense got wore down...Said they stayed scrappy even when getting beat by 28....Obviously u have a far different opinion and that's fine but the rose colored glasses comment is a stretch....Everyone is wanting to point a finger at something because we got embarrassed...I haven't heard from anyone outside of u quitting being one of them...I wasn't there though so can't argue myself...Sounds like we just played a better team...Maybe on another given night we woulda got the offense clicking but we didn't so no excuses...We still have alot left go prove...More doubters than ever now...Just gotta go back to work fix some problems and move forward

TrainTracks wasn't there but he heard differently as well..U can't compare every other state championship team to this one cause this one hasnt earned that yet...TrainTracks talked to three different people at the game and all said we played hard the whole game but the offense couldn't stay on the field and the defense got wore down...Said they stayed scrappy even when getting beat by 28....Obviously u have a far different opinion and that's fine but the rose colored glasses comment is a stretch....Everyone is wanting to point a finger at something because we got embarrassed...I haven't heard from anyone outside of u quitting being one of them...I wasn't there though so can't argue myself...Sounds like we just played a better team...Maybe on another given night we woulda got the offense clicking but we didn't so no excuses...We still have alot left go prove...More doubters than ever now...Just gotta go back to work fix some problems and move forward

Please read my comments slowly so you will get this. I said that some of the player's quit,not all!! What is so hard to understand about that? TrainTracks you ought to no better when I say something on here. I don't get on here and pat our boy's on the back and tell them how great they are bc it goe's to there head's. I will say if we had more player's on D like 42,25,47,76,35 that get after it the whole game we'd be alot better off. Just watch the game sometimes and see who take's plays off. I have to say 77 and 78 impressed me for there hard play and it being the first real test they have been given this year. Also 11 and 12 gave it there all on O so I applaud them!!

I don't respond much on here as evidence of my number of posts since becoming a member ten years ago, but the comment about lack of effort might be one of the most ludacris things I have ever heard. I go to every game. This team never backed off, they played hard until the end. We might have fared a little better if we didn't have 5 turnovers as well. Can't beat alot of teams doing that.