41 members have voted

1. 1. CAK or EHS?

• CAK
    • EHS

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what'd know....ever eat a "mater" sam'ge at Bill's ice cream shop thur in Blaine??? Shame the highway took the building. Good vittles......

Hey,that reminds me...wasn't you going ta take me,scots and APB out ta eat?? :)

Yes, I did have a 'mater sandwich there, as well as many other places. And if you guys are nice to me, I guess I can take you out to eat sometime; I better start saving money now so I can afford it.

yes.gifWell, I've been looking forward to this game since last year as well. What a great game that was. As I looked back on last year's match up, I saw several instances where Betsy could have won the game if things had gone differently. On the other hand, I also saw several instances where CAK could have won by a wider margin had things gone a little differently.

I noticed last year that Elizabethton was losing a lot to graduation, but it appears that they have had a bunch of kids step up. (CAK will be in a similar situation next year.) I believe it is critical that CAK start strong and fast, particularly on defense. Betsy's 5-3 record is very misleading! I was also very impressed with their sophomore QB last year, and with most of a season under their belt, I expect their offense to be a handful.

On the other hand, I believe CAK's offense will put a lot of pressure on the Cyclones. IMO, this is the strongest group of WR's from top to bottom that CAK has had in at least the past 6 years. Epperly's performance this year speaks for itself, and it is very difficult for a defense to consistently defend 3-4 outstanding receivers and a RB that catches the ball extremely well. As FBD mentioned, the running game has been very good when called upon. And it all starts up front, which has been outstanding.

The real question in my mind is which Warrior defense shows up. They are very capable, just need more consistency. I don't believe there is a defense in 3A (with one possible exception, but that's for another thread) that can shut down CAK's offense consistently other than CAK stopping themselves with penalties and turnovers.

Elizabethton fans, come early and enjoy some excellent grilled burgers and banana pudding! Can't wait till they kick this one off! swoon.gif

Looking for a close and exciting game when we roll into k-town. what is the seating like?

Looking for a close and exciting game when we roll into k-town. what is the seating like?

No CAK fans sitting in the middle of the visitors section :D . Sorry, I couldn't help myself, had a bad experience with that last year. Modest visitors side bleachers, not very high so you may want to be on the top row for a better view. We usually don't have big visitor crowds except for Alcoa and sometimes Loudon, so if the Cyclones bring a large number of fans it could get crowded. Friendly fans, much like your own, good concessions, especially if you like grilled burgers and bananna pudding. We can't match Elizabethton's home game atmosphere (as good as I've been around :thumb: ), but I think the game on the field will certainly be worth the price of admission.

Edited by FootballDad

Yes, I did have a 'mater sandwich there, as well as many other places. And if you guys are nice to me, I guess I can take you out to eat sometime; I better start saving money now so I can afford it.

Hey, we're nice when we stay away from the sauce...doesn't mix well with our meds?!

On that eat'n thang...can STARS, mommaSTARS and Footballdad go too?????

They don't eat much....

No CAK fans sitting in the middle of the visitors section :D . Sorry, I couldn't help myself, had a bad experience with that last year. Modest visitors side bleachers, not very high so you may want to be on the top row for a better view. We usually don't have big visitor crowds except for Alcoa and sometimes Loudon, so if the Cyclones bring a large number of fans it could get crowded. Friendly fans, much like your own, good concessions, especially if you like grilled burgers and bananna pudding. We can't match Elizabethton's home game atmosphere (as good as I've been around :thumb: ), but I think the game on the field will certainly be worth the price of admission.

FootballDad sorry about the bad fans on the visitors side last year we do have some fans that can be pretty bad but most of us are good people.This year they reserved seats on the visitors side which i think is crazy but what do i know.I have reserve seats on the home side but they are hard to get so some fans have no choice but to sit on the visitors side.I like grilled burgers and bananna pudding so i am looking forword to friday night.Good luck to both teams. Edited by lawnman

FootballDad sorry about the bad fans on the visitors side last year we do have some fans that can be pretty bad but most of us are good people.This year they reserved seats on the visitors side which i think is crazy but what do i know.I have reserve seats on the home side but they are hard to get so some fans have no choice but to sit on the visitors side.I like grilled burgers and bananna pudding so i am looking forword to friday night.Good luck to both teams.

No apology necessary, the overall great experience greatly outweighed the 1 minor altercation. Its a good thing you have so much support that the visitors side becomes the only seating option for some, but it would help if they sat at one end rather than smack dab in the middle of the visitor side fans. I love passionate fans and I am one myself, but in tight quarters in a tight contest emotions can get the best of us. Anyway, have a safe trip down. This really should be a great game, with both teams fully capable of winning.