Elizabethton (5-3) @ CAK (8-0)

EHSTrack06

41 members have voted

1. 1. CAK or EHS?

• CAK
    • EHS

So EHS travels to Knoxville to battle undefeated CAK. Luckily for EHS we got back Whitehead and Terrance is healthy as well as a number of our other players. They are also confident having finally found their niche and have been improving every game. Another confidence booster was that EHS clinched their conference tonight making them 2 yrs in a row undefeated Conf. champs. Unfortunately T$$AA will screw us out of a decent seed.

Predictions? Originally I had CAK whopping us pretty bad but seeing the improvements we have made I feel the game will be closer and is now possible to win.

Edited by EHSTrack06

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So EHS travels to Knoxville to battle undefeated CAK. Luckily for EHS we got back Whitehead and Terrance is healthy as well as a number of our other players. They are also confident having finally found their niche and have been improving every game. Another confidence booster was that EHS clinched their conference tonight making them 2 yrs in a row undefeated Conf. champs. Unfortunately T$$AA will screw us out of a decent seed.

Predictions? Originally I had CAK whopping us pretty bad but seeing the improvements we have made I feel the game will be closer and is now possible to win.

After our QB went down last year trailing 14-0, Berry came in and picked their D-backs apart and scored 2 quick TD's we also lost our kicker and we missed an extra point and CAK was lucky to excape with a one point win. I should be another close game. EHS needs this win.

I've been looking forward to this game all year. We had a great trip up to Etown last year and really enjoyed the small town atmosphere (Big American Flag, Fireworks, Cyclone sounds over the PA, etc...). It was a great game, which oddly was a defensive struggle between two very high scoring teams. I expect this years game to be higher scoring on both sides. I've followed the Cyclones on the boards and it sounds as if they have steadily improved after a slow start caused mostly by inexperience. The records of the 2 teams is no indicator at all, with the Cylclones 3 losses being to very good football teams and CAK's inconsistant defensive play resulting in some struggles even in the victories.

So, bottom line I will say this is going to be a barn burner. I certainly think Elizabethton has a shot at winning, but I think CAK will prevail in a close one. I'm anxious to see how the Warrior offense performs against the Cyclone defense. They have been pretty good all year. Last year the Warriors had a very poor offensive performance in Etown. Was it just a bad night, or was it the Cyclone defense? We'll find out in a few days.

Good Luck to Betsy, Tell Terance to wear his old dolphin shirt under his jersey and he will be unstopable just like back in the day.

For all you betsy fans click on the link below I think you'll love it

http://www.photos4time.com/Sports/Lynn-Garden-Pee-Wee-2006/Dolphins/1709950_M4JW7#84240752_Lf26N

Edited by 02raiderdad

Good Luck to Betsy, Tell Terance to wear his old dolphin shirt under his jersey and he will be unstopable just like back in the day.

http://www.photos4time.com/Sports/Lynn-Garden-Pee-Wee-2006/Dolphins/1709950_M4JW7#84240752_Lf26N

Thanks Raider Dad, but T has always been a Cyclone at heart and the most fun to watch football player I have ever seen.

Here is T before he was a Dolphin. He was wearing his Cyclone shirt under his Dolphin uniform. We are glad he came home.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54950307@N04/

Edited by CycloneCyclone

That's pretty funny and i am glad he is a cyclone because he is a great player and going to be fun to watch the next two years.Thanks raider that's a good picture.

Cak 31 10 Good luck to all...

Shooter I love your optimism and really like your score. But... I'm afraid this game will look more like the Loudon game than what your prediction indicates. I think both teams are going to score some points and it will be a battle till the end. I believe the game will be decided by the defenses, whichever one can best limit the oppossing offense, but I don't think either defense will hold either offense to just 10 points. Penalties & turnovers can dramatically change the course of a game, but if those things are equal I believe it will be a shootout. Of course if you look at last years game you see a 14-13 final score and I wouldn't have predicted that either. At any rate I expect the Cyclones to be as good as Loudon and certainly better than any other team we've faced so far.

Edited by FootballDad

Thanks Raider Dad, but T has always been a Cyclone at heart and the most fun to watch football player I have ever seen.

Here is T before he was a Dolphin. He was wearing his Cyclone shirt under his Dolphin uniform. We are glad he came home.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54950307@N04/

Yeah once we teach how to play we send them back, just kidding, don't think I didn't try to get him in Black & Gold. Terance played with about 10 kids on that fins team that are Raiders now. they were some team. It makes you feel good as a coach to think maybe you helped just a little some where down the line. T and his dad are the best GOOD LUCK again and hope to see you again real soon.

Shooter I love your optimism and really like your score. But... I'm afraid this game will look more like the Loudon game than what your prediction indicates. I think both teams are going to score some points and it will be a battle till the end. I believe the game will be decided by the defenses, whichever one can best limit the oppossing offense, but I don't think either defense will hold either offense to just 10 points. Penalties & turnovers can dramatically change the course of a game, but if those things are equal I believe it will be a shootout. Of course if you look at last years game you see a 14-13 final score and I wouldn't have predicted that either. At any rate I expect the Cyclones to be as good as Loudon and certainly better than any other team we've faced so far.

Been hittin pretty close this year. I stand firm on 21 point difference and our defense really coming to life.. :unsure:

Been hittin pretty close this year. I stand firm on 21 point difference and our defense really coming to life.. :unsure:

Even if your just close to being right, I'll take it and be happy. I will say that CAK is certainly capable, but IMHO it will take a complete game (both offense & defense, for all 4 QTRS) and I'm still waiting to see one of those this season (and Sequoyah doesn't count).