41 members have voted

1. 1. CAK or EHS?

• CAK
    • EHS

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After our QB went down last year trailing 14-0, Berry came in and picked their D-backs apart and scored 2 quick TD's we also lost our kicker and we missed an extra point and CAK was lucky to excape with a one point win. I should be another close game. EHS needs this win.

I found some information about the game last year in the Knoxville News Sentinel:

CAK....7..7..0..0

Eliz...7..0..6..0

Scoring: CAK-Carson Pegarm (Matt Warren Kick): Eliz-Chantez Demoss 18 pass from Ryan Phomas (Taylor Hodge kick): CAK-Davis Burton 6 pass from Quinn Epperly (Mathew Warren kick): Eliz-Zack Boles 71 pass from Mckenley (kick failed).

I may have the wrong information, but I did not see where CAK was up 14 to 0.

I just watched my film from last years game and it appears that the information from the Sentinel is correct.

Edited by JuniorsDad

This will be the greatest challenge so far for CAK.....Elizabethton has gone gotten better in the past couple of weeks....CAK must not come out slow to start like they have the past few weeks, if so it maybe a long night for the warriors. This will not be a low scoring game like last year...CAK avg. PF-42.3 PA-18.3 Eliz avg. PF-23.6 PA-21. I would give the edge to the home team (CAK) but with it being homecoming....can the warriors stay focused to get the job done?

As a former player for Coach Bradley, I can guarantee you that homecoming is the last thing on the players' minds right now. This will be a huge test for the team. I hope to see the players go out right on Senior Night, although this clearly is not their last game, much less at home (playoffs). Great group of guys that love playing together, really hope to see them get a victory Friday night. I do love Elizabethton's program, tradition, and certainly their atmosphere. Good Luck Warriors!

As a former player for Coach Bradley, I can guarantee you that homecoming is the last thing on the players' minds right now. This will be a huge test for the team. I hope to see the players go out right on Senior Night, although this clearly is not their last game, much less at home (playoffs). Great group of guys that love playing together, really hope to see them get a victory Friday night. I do love Elizabethton's program, tradition, and certainly their atmosphere. Good Luck Warriors!

haha from experience i can agree with that one and i know how much it sucks to be paraded around for senior night after a loss so hopefully they'll have their minds right from the beginning and do work. i am curious how the two O's will match up seeing how that seems to be both teams strength this year

I found some information about the game last year in the Knoxville News Sentinel:

CAK....7..7..0..0

Eliz...7..0..6..0

Scoring: CAK-Carson Pegarm (Matt Warren Kick): Eliz-Chantez Demoss 18 pass from Ryan Phomas (Taylor Hodge kick): CAK-Davis Burton 6 pass from Quinn Epperly (Mathew Warren kick): Eliz-Zack Boles 71 pass from Mckenley (kick failed).

I may have the wrong information, but I did not see where CAK was up 14 to 0.

I just watched my film from last years game and it appears that the information from the Sentinel is correct.

You may be right. I have a good memory but it's just short. But I do remember Ryan Thomas and Taylor Hodge (Kicker)were knocked out of the game and the Soph QB McKenley Berry came in and did a super job. Our backup kicker missed the extra point. His little sister won't. She hit a 34 yarder last game, longest in State History for a girl and has only missed 2 pats all season. It would be so cool if she wins this one for her brother with a kick.

Edited by CycloneCyclone

Last year the defense really stepped up for the warriors. I was on the offensive side of the ball and it seemed like elizabethton knew almost every single play before it was run. Every time i was alligned on the elizabethton sideline the coaches would tell the corner what route was getting ready to be run, it was frustrating but i was impressed. The offense hasn't lost a beat this year and i expect big plays for them, however, the defense will have to have the best game they've ever had to win comfortably. GO WARRiORS

yes.gifWell, I've been looking forward to this game since last year as well. What a great game that was. As I looked back on last year's match up, I saw several instances where Betsy could have won the game if things had gone differently. On the other hand, I also saw several instances where CAK could have won by a wider margin had things gone a little differently.

I noticed last year that Elizabethton was losing a lot to graduation, but it appears that they have had a bunch of kids step up. (CAK will be in a similar situation next year.) I believe it is critical that CAK start strong and fast, particularly on defense. Betsy's 5-3 record is very misleading! I was also very impressed with their sophomore QB last year, and with most of a season under their belt, I expect their offense to be a handful.

On the other hand, I believe CAK's offense will put a lot of pressure on the Cyclones. IMO, this is the strongest group of WR's from top to bottom that CAK has had in at least the past 6 years. Epperly's performance this year speaks for itself, and it is very difficult for a defense to consistently defend 3-4 outstanding receivers and a RB that catches the ball extremely well. As FBD mentioned, the running game has been very good when called upon. And it all starts up front, which has been outstanding.

The real question in my mind is which Warrior defense shows up. They are very capable, just need more consistency. I don't believe there is a defense in 3A (with one possible exception, but that's for another thread) that can shut down CAK's offense consistently other than CAK stopping themselves with penalties and turnovers.

Elizabethton fans, come early and enjoy some excellent grilled burgers and banana pudding! Can't wait till they kick this one off! swoon.gif

You may be right. I have a good memory but it's just short. But I do remember Ryan Thomas and Taylor Hodge (Kicker)were knocked out of the game and the Soph QB McKenley Berry came in and did a super job. Our backup kicker missed the extra point. His little sister won't. She hit a 34 yarder last game, longest in State History for a girl and has only missed 2 pats all season. It would be so cool if she wins this one for her brother with a kick.

Taylor Hodge missed the extra point on a bad snap! The backup missed the game winner from 41yds!

Good correction Orange and Black. "Double Cyclone" your memory is as bad as mine, lucky I've got tape, :D . #14(Hodge) missed the extra point in the 3rd qtr. Looked to me like it was due to a high snap, but he pushed it right. Both teams kickers were highly regarded but had rough nights, with CAK's #85(Warren) missing a 40+yarder wide right, then had a 20+yarder blocked. The Cyclones #14 missed the extra point and a 40+? yard field goal wide left, then got injured in the 4th qtr and your backup barely missed wide left. You do remember correctly about Mr. Berry coming in and doing a super job. He can really throw it!

Edited by FootballDad