Jo Byrns @ Clarksville Academy

MOTO24

Big turn around tonight in how JB played compaired to last night. This is the JB we've been wanting to see all year. CA came out stout and put JB in situations they wern't used to being in. JB never hit the panic button, the Devils just responded and took over.

Playoff form showing up well ! CA IMO is the best team the Devils have played this year but CA hasn't seen team speed and hasn't been hit like they got hit tonight either, Oline lots bettr than las week and playing physical ball. CA did have some bright spots, got a heck of a reciever in the

eaton kid ! Coach Adkins finaly let the other horse outa the stable tonight, #1 Frankie Traughber in the coming weeks listen up for the tandem of TB's in Frankie and Brandon Holt great compliments to each other then throw in the Johnny Smith factor 5'9 225 FB and the pain is coming ! Defence was pretty good tonight held the high octane O of CA scoreless with the starters in the game, coach pulls the starters end of 3rd qtr, boys I'm telling ya the DEVILS are coming ! #25 Micheal Yates is stacking up the lumber on defence, this young man along with some others will flat take you out !! Good job Devils !!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOTO sez all must travel to THE DUNGEON as long as JB takes care of business Friday.

It was nice to be able to see Jo Byrns play, and it was nice to all the Jo Byrns fans.

Being that this was my first game to see outside this year. It will be hard to say that Jo Byrns has it in the bag. But the team I saw tonight will be hard to beat. If they keep their eyes on what is at hand......................will played game Jo Byrns......................... :motorbike: :motorbike:

Sometimes, you are just the real deal. :thumb: Congrats guys.

Shep you going to be in Springfield tommorrow bout 3:00 pm.

White House plays Jo Byrns in the AAA playoffs 1st round. Ill be there.

I will be there by 2. Word on the street is WH-East is the real deal. Are you coaching too? COme give me a shout.

Congrats to Jo Byrns - y'all played a complete game, and took us out of ours. I thought we would have to play extremely well tonight to beat JB, but thought it would be close.

Nice to meet you Shep! Thanks for stopping by the press box tonight.

Good luck to JB the rest of the way.

Congrats to Jo Byrns - y'all played a complete game, and took us out of ours. I thought we would have to play extremely well tonight to beat JB, but thought it would be close.

Nice to meet you Shep! Thanks for stopping by the press box tonight.

Good luck to JB the rest of the way.

That was Moto you met...I got caught up talking to folks and never made it up there.

Good luck to ya'll as well. :thumb:

MOTO sez all must travel to THE DUNGEON as long as JB takes care of business Friday.

That is true but I got to thinking...it is possible for JB to travel. If JB beats NCS next week, the only way they travel is if Perry Co. gets put in Quad 4 as the one seed and PC makes it to the semifinal game. If that happens, PC & JB would both be one seeds and the home team goes to the quad 4 one seed. Still a lot of unknowns but it's definitely looking good for the Devils.

As for the game tonight...Dang near perfect!!! In no particular order:

* Brandon Adkins...10 of 10 for 122 yards and 1 TD

* Brandon Holt (Bolt)...17 touches, 135 yards and 1 TD

* Frankie Traughber (Frank The Tank)...17 touches, 208 yards and 3 TD's (added a 4th TD on Defense)

*The defense didn't allow a TD when it was first string on first string!!!!

* No Turnovers!!!! (caused 2 when backs were against the wall)

What can you say? We came out focused and took care of business. CA put up a fight but they're just not there yet. I think JB only allowed two first downs in the first half. In the second half CA came out inspired and drove down to about the 5 and coughed it up on a sloberknocker of a hit. Then drove down again and threw an INT on about the 40. The first half was dominated by JB and the second half could have been closer but you can't turn the ball over like that. Overall I think JB showed why they're one of the top teams in the state. CA is a solid team and a worthy playoff opponent...they could win a playoff game (maybe two if they play lights out). Good luck the rest of the way Cougars. Nice to meet some of you CA folks tonight. The facilities look great and I expect big things from CA in the coming years. :thumb:

That is true but I got to thinking...it is possible for JB to travel. If JB beats NCS next week, the only way they travel is if Perry Co. gets put in Quad 4 as the one seed and PC makes it to the semifinal game. If that happens, PC & JB would both be one seeds and the home team goes to the quad 4 one seed. Still a lot of unknowns but it's definitely looking good for the Devils.

* Frankie Traughber (Frank The Tank)...17 touches, 208 yards and 3 TD's (added a 4th TD on Defense)

What can you say? We came out focused and took care of business. CA put up a fight but they're just not there yet. I think JB only allowed two first downs in the first half. In the second half CA came out inspired and drove down to about the 5 and coughed it up on a sloberknocker of a hit. Then drove down again and threw an INT on about the 40. The first half was dominated by JB and the second half could have been closer but you can't turn the ball over like that. Overall I think JB showed why they're one of the top teams in the state. CA is a solid team and a worthy playoff opponent...they could win a playoff game (maybe two if they play lights out). Good luck the rest of the way Cougars. Nice to meet some of you CA folks tonight. The facilities look great and I expect big things from CA in the coming years. :thumb:

Moto Bolt had two touchdowns :flower: