Jo Byrns @ Clarksville Academy

MOTO24

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true but I got to thinking...it is possible for JB to travel. If JB beats NCS next week, the only way they travel is if Perry Co. gets put in Quad 4 as the one seed and PC makes it to the semifinal game. If that happens, PC & JB would both be one seeds and the home team goes to the quad 4 one seed. Still a lot of unknowns but it's definitely looking good for the Devils.

As for the game tonight...Dang near perfect!!! In no particular order:

* Brandon Adkins...10 of 10 for 122 yards and 1 TD

* Brandon Holt (Bolt)...17 touches, 135 yards and 1 TD

* Frankie Traughber (Frank The Tank)...17 touches, 208 yards and 3 TD's (added a 4th TD on Defense)

*The defense didn't allow a TD when it was first string on first string!!!!

* No Turnovers!!!! (caused 2 when backs were against the wall)

What can you say? We came out focused and took care of business. CA put up a fight but they're just not there yet. I think JB only allowed two first downs in the first half. In the second half CA came out inspired and drove down to about the 5 and coughed it up on a sloberknocker of a hit. Then drove down again and threw an INT on about the 40. The first half was dominated by JB and the second half could have been closer but you can't turn the ball over like that. Overall I think JB showed why they're one of the top teams in the state. CA is a solid team and a worthy playoff opponent...they could win a playoff game (maybe two if they play lights out). Good luck the rest of the way Cougars. Nice to meet some of you CA folks tonight. The facilities look great and I expect big things from CA in the coming years. :thumb:

Moto, Can you shoot me an email? Clarksvilleacademyfootball@gmail.com. Great talking to you tonight. Congrats on the win.

Edited by monoptn

Congrats on the win JBS, I have to admit, I was a bit surprised; I thought JBS would win but I felt CA would stay in the game for atleast 1 half. Instead of saying that I overated CA I will just credit JBS for being an exellent team. I still feel CA has a good team who could make a little noise in the play-offs.....

Congrats on the win JBS, I have to admit, I was a bit surprised; I thought JBS would win but I felt CA would stay in the game for atleast 1 half. Instead of saying that I overated CA I will just credit JBS for being an exellent team. I still feel CA has a good team who could make a little noise in the play-offs.....

They will ! CA is a pretty gud football team and may upset someone in the playoffs

I said it all year JB is the team to beat in the west..Also yall have some good fans on here who actually know football..SP will be fine in the playoffs and I think JB will be too...hopefully we will all get to meet up at TTU

Thank you powerp. Everyone knows that SP is still the team to beat in 1A. I just hope we are fortunate enough to get thru this West side. It is gonna be tough to say the least. About last nights game, it is hard to play the schedule you play year in and year out and not have a painful loss along the way. Talent changes and big schools get bigger. I know it was a tough one to swallow with the tradition and pride SP has but it really doesn't mean a whole lot when you look at the big picture. Best of luck.

Thank you powerp. Everyone knows that SP is still the team to beat in 1A. I just hope we are fortunate enough to get thru this West side. It is gonna be tough to say the least. About last nights game, it is hard to play the schedule you play year in and year out and not have a painful loss along the way. Talent changes and big schools get bigger. I know it was a tough one to swallow with the tradition and pride SP has but it really doesn't mean a whole lot when you look at the big picture. Best of luck.

It could be you guys who is the team to beat..after all yall will be the number 1 overall seed I believe :thumb: best of luck to yall to..lets both take care of what we need to and battle it out for the gold