Jo Byrns @ Clarksville Academy

MOTO24

The field is in good shape. The last time Jo Byrns played there the field was brand new. All of the facilities are finished. The locker rooms are very nice. I believe that CA has had to play in the mud at Jo Byrns a time or two and at other schools in this district. Private vs. Public doesn't matter, a project like this takes time to complete. You JB fans should see a vast improvement on Friday. As for the fishing comment, apparently that person doesn't know their geography, Clarksville is sitting right next to a river!!!

And so is this field!!

You have a very nice facility and we are looking foward to playing there Friday night.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like we're gonna have a good one on our hands Friday night!!! I'm pretty sure JB WILL NOT underestimate the Cougars. Based on Coach Adkins' comments after the Harpeth game, I'm sure the intensity will pick up in practice this week. I have no doubts the Devils will be ready to go on Friday! It's GO TIME Devils...FINISH!!!

It sounds like we're gonna have a good one on our hands Friday night!!! I'm pretty sure JB WILL NOT underestimate the Cougars. Based on Coach Adkins' comments after the Harpeth game, I'm sure the intensity will pick up in practice this week. I have no doubts the Devils will be ready to go on Friday! It's GO TIME Devils...FINISH!!!

I bet my last dollar that the intensity will b there fri nt, practice is not gonna b so fun this week I hear, lots of extra sprints to do for the excessive penalties also, I bet the Devils will b doused come fri nght

If my calculations are correct, the highest scoring team (regular season) in Jo Byrns history was the '05 Devils with 394 points. This year's team is on pace to break that record. They've scored 350 points so far and have 2 games to go.

Also, JB holds a 17-7 record over CA since 1974 (there are a few games where the outcome is not known). Since CA restarted their football program, the series has been one-sided to say the least...JB is 5-0 against the Cougars, outscoring them 186-7. The Devils haven't allowed a point to CA since 06. I'm pretty sure things will be different this year. Once again I'm glad to see CA turn things around.

For your reading pleasure...Leaf-Chronicle's CA v. JB article

Cool article, also, and just is just my opinion, I believe the game against CA is the toughest test for JBS in the last couple of weeks. Yeah sure if and I believe they will, JBS wins this game, the game b/t 2 unbeatons to decide the district will be a more sexy game so to speak, but at this point in the season, I believe CA is a little better than NC.....

For your reading pleasure...Leaf-Chronicle's CA v. JB article

The vibe I got from the article is exactly how I thought many of the CA fans and players might be feeling...that JB might be looking past CA. Based on many of our comments on here I can definitely see how someone might think JB fans and possibly players could be overlooking CA. That's one of the reasons I posted earlier that "JB WILL NOT underestimate the Cougars". CA has JB's full attention!!! With that said, a focused JB team is a pretty deadly one. If CA wins this game they'll have to play stellar defense and ball control on offense. On the flip side, I'd look for JB to try and do the same. I think this game will tell a lot about where both of these teams are!

The vibe I got from the article is exactly how I thought many of the CA fans and players might be feeling...that JB might be looking past CA. Based on many of our comments on here I can definitely see how someone might think JB fans and possibly players could be overlooking CA. That's one of the reasons I posted earlier that "JB WILL NOT underestimate the Cougars". CA has JB's full attention!!! With that said, a focused JB team is a pretty deadly one. If CA wins this game they'll have to play stellar defense and ball control on offense. On the flip side, I'd look for JB to try and do the same. I think this game will tell a lot about where both of these teams are!

That's pretty much what I gathered as well.

Wow that article seems like it is aiming to whip the Clarksville fan base into a frenzy. Big bad JB looking over the little guy <_< At least the writer had the decency to say that the team is most certainly not overlooking CA. I really don't think that anyone looking at Coacht can honestly get the opinion that our fan base has overlooked CA.

Wow that article seems like it is aiming to whip the Clarksville fan base into a frenzy. Big bad JB looking over the little guy <_< At least the writer had the decency to say that the team is most certainly not overlooking CA. I really don't think that anyone looking at Coacht can honestly get the opinion that our fan base has overlooked CA.

Well we have talked about the possibility of a week 10 District Championship matchup with NCS for awhile now. I know I also put up a possible 42-7 score prediction. :shock: I know that prediction sounds crazy to a lot of folks and maybe it is. I don't say that to put down CA but if JB brings their A-game I do think it could finish that way. On the other hand, I've not seen CA play so that prediction isn't worth much. We beat CA last year 41-0 but that team didn't have Josh Jerles (although Heath Dyer was a heck of a player) and Morgan Burman had 3 carries for -3 yards against us. They didn't have (or didn't use) a bevy of receivers like they have this year as well. Throw in a new coach and what do I know? :ugeek: We shall see...I do like the idea of a fired up Cougar fan base on Friday! This is the kind of game we Devil fans have been waiting for all year!!!

Edited by MOTO24

Well we have talked about the possibility of a week 10 District Championship matchup with NCS for awhile now. I know I also put up a possible 42-7 score prediction. :shock: I know that prediction sounds crazy to a lot of folks and maybe it is. I don't say that to put down CA but if JB brings their A-game I do think it could finish that way. On the other hand, I've not seen CA play so that prediction isn't worth much. We beat CA last year 41-0 but that team didn't have Josh Jerles (although Heath Dyer was a heck of a player) and Morgan Burman had 3 carries for -3 yards against us. They didn't have (or didn't use) a bevy of receivers like they have this year as well. Throw in a new coach and what do I know? :ugeek: We shall see...I do like the idea of a fired up Cougar fan base on Friday! This is the kind of game we Devil fans have been waiting for all year!!! YES IT IS!!!

CA just might be able to hang 21 on JB, but those points would be through the air. I just can't see any team other than a "Top 5'er" rushing for 3 TD's on this year's Red Devils. That being said, and Coach Adkin's being a better than average coach himself, I know the secondary will get planty of work this week...not just the sled.