Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

For your sake you better hope the boys on that football team can back up your talk. If you guys flame out early in the playoffs this year like years past it might get ugly for you. By the way, Boone went 8-2 last year and after our win Thursday will be 8-2 again this year. One year is a fluke two is a pattern, and from what I seen of the JV and Freshmen teams this year there is no shortage of talent coming up the pipeline. In fact I think our JV beat your JV this year. I don't know what that is worth but it is something. I would wish you guys luck, but since you think you are so good I'm sure you won't need it. :thumb:

You worry to much about DB. Wasn't Boone picked to win the conference this year.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the 180-360-540 stuff for the last two years.Last year was out of the norm.It only happens every 25 or thirty years for DB and we all seen a down year coming .The thing that has never happened was nearly everyone else having one of the best teams in their schools history { fact }.How many Boone,Clinton,Sevier co.,Tennessee High,South,Farragut and for goodness sakes David Crockett teams done better then last year, either during the season or in the playoffs for South and Boone.It was just a freak year all the way around and the world is correct now.The 180 from the last few years is this year.Dobyns-Bennett is about to change something that has been missing for the last five or six years.

Excuse me…. last years Viking team was far from being “the best team in school historyâ€. It wasn’t even the best Viking team in this decade. Foolish people mistake Tennessee High’s “best opportunity to win a State Title in a LONG while†with last years team being the best team we’ve had in a long time. I’m not going to go into the reason why it was our best opportunity in a while because you are fixin to get a not so friendly reminder in a few weeks. Batman you act as if DB is the only school around here that has a wining tradition. In fact… THS only has a team like this year’s team come along every 10 or 15 years or so. And with that being said we could still end up with a second or third place finish in the conference depending on this weeks game.

Excuse me…. last years Viking team was far from being “the best team in school historyâ€. It wasn’t even the best Viking team in this decade. Foolish people mistake Tennessee High’s “best opportunity to win a State Title in a LONG while†with last years team being the best team we’ve had in a long time. I’m not going to go into the reason why it was our best opportunity in a while because you are fixin to get a not so friendly reminder in a few weeks. Batman you act as if DB is the only school around here that has a wining tradition. In fact… THS only has a team like this year’s team come along every 10 or 15 years or so. And with that being said we could still end up with a second or third place finish in the conference depending on this weeks game.

I'm well aware of Tennessee highs great seasons.but 10-0 and number 1 in the state heading into the playoffs has got to be one of your best regular seasons because it doesn't get any better then that.The point was the fact so many teams had great seasons during the same year,that is very rare.

Cap sometimes you need to say alright you got me. I know it would be difficult to say that to FB but he did get you, any way you slice it 360 is 360. You need to let this one go because all your doing is digging a deeper hole.

What are you talking about... you do know what a figure of speech is don't ya? :blink: If I say we got "spanked" by DB this year, I don't mean they literally pulled down the boys pants on the field and beat em with a stick. Well.... maybe that wasn't a good example. :blush:

You mean 4th place finish don't ya. :thumb:

Every thing Carp says is a "figure of speech". And he has dug enough holes here on coacht that he should be all the way to China by now.

The only one diggin holes around here is you WaCoff… and I’ve got a bobcat sitting on idle waiting to push all this dirt you’ve piled up back down on top of you. Same story different year.

I'm well aware of Tennessee highs great seasons.but 10-0 and number 1 in the state heading into the playoffs has got to be one of your best regular seasons because it doesn't get any better then that.The point was the fact so many teams had great seasons during the same year,that is very rare.

Yea and no Gold Balls to show for it to me means the entire East was "down" last year (with the obvious exception of Alcoa of course). That’s what I was talking about (along with Maryville moving up) as THS’s best chance to make a run. The stars were lined up for us last year and we got shot down by a rouge meteor from out of Gray. The Vikings went 13-1 in 2004... and the 1 came at the hands of the Red Rebels in the game before The Game. In my book (and the record book) there is no comparison between the 04’ team and the 09’ team. 04’ team averaged 47 points a game during the regular season, with 3 shutouts and nobody scoring over 14 point a game (even with subs playing the entire fourth quarter of every game). I’m not sure how anyone else could doubt it.

If THS doesn't play any better that they did against DB (and apparently against Boone), then they'll get beat by South at the Castle. THS was horrible against DB and absolutely laid down, acted like they didn't want to play that night. They barely beat The Hill, and we saw how good they are this year last Friday night. They haven't beat a good team yet either this year. Someone said that DB vs SH was going to be the game of the year. Wishful thinking (or hoping)!

Take the time to read this thread and you will see a DB fan brought up Boone, not the other way around. I've stayed quiet about DB lately because as momma said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

No.....the reason your staying quite is because everything you predicted for the Tribe has not come to pass.