Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the South and Science Hill game i've come to the following conclussion. Science Hill may be the largest high school in the state and have a lot of athletes, but they don't have very many football players. South really dominated this game in every area. Hayden was a one man wrecking crew that the Toppers had no answer for. South ran all over them and DB should be able to do the same. The Toppers have a coulple of threats if they would just use them. The big wide receiver #1 Green could be a force if he could stay on his feet when he catches a pass. Ryan Mitchell and the Adams kid should get the bulk of the plays with the ball in their hands. The Topper defense looked out of toon and not very emotional until the last five minutes. Having said all of that, this is a game that the Toppers need to win for their coach and their program, but it's not going to happen this year. Too many playmakers for the tribe. DB will win 42-7. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

After watching the South and Science Hill game i've come to the following conclussion. Science Hill may be the largest high school in the state and have a lot of athletes, but they don't have very many football players. South really dominated this game in every area. Hayden was a one man wrecking crew that the Toppers had no answer for. South ran all over them and DB should be able to do the same. The Toppers have a coulple of threats if they would just use them. The big wide receiver #1 Green could be a force if he could stay on his feet when he catches a pass. Ryan Mitchell and the Adams kid should get the bulk of the plays with the ball in their hands. The Topper defense looked out of toon and not very emotional until the last five minutes. Having said all of that, this is a game that the Toppers need to win for their coach and their program, but it's not going to happen this year. Too many playmakers for the tribe. DB will win 42-7. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

dbFAN91 . . . I agree and disagree with some of your statements. Science Hill is not the largest school in the state. We are about 6th, but that's irrelevant. I agree that South wanted that game more than we did. We do have some threats. Yeah, we "desperately" need a win against you guys and it probably won't happen again this year (just being real). I don't "think" D-B will beat us by 35 points. But, we will be there at J Fred, Friday night at 7:30 and we will go to war and see what happens when the smoke clears. "Ya never know".

I wish D-B bad luck and an injury free game. Hope TSSAA sends good referees for this game. Last weeks were horrible.

GO TOPERS . . . .:thumb:

Edited by The Hill

this would make it 18 games over 17 years. Science Hill has been competitive in every game this year with the exception of the Boone game (which I believe to be an apparition. I believe science hill will make a game of it, but just won't be able to pull out a win. But we'll see what happens...

Science Hill will play with everything they have against us.Those wideouts are a big threat to us if they have time to throw the ball.South has given both coaching staffs a blueprint of how to win the game next friday.We just need to run wild and take care of the last big bump in the road to the playoffs.

I like you and all but I have to warn you about making a post like this. I learned my lession back in 2004. You should wait untill after the game to start beating your chest. Ask Cap1, VolmanScott,& Compustat how it makes you look when it don't pan out. We could come out like we did against South and if Science Hill gets a few breaks we could easily get beat Friday night. We lost to a team a couple years ago that we were 30 points better than because we quit playing at halftime. And there is bad officiating that has given just about every team fits this year. If we get a bad official or two that starts calling against us we could be in trouble. And then the AP poll due out at the first of the week. If we leep-frog over Maryville and go to #1 that is not a good thing. We have never handled being #1 very well. All things considered, I don't think the game will be anything like 42-7. Its possible but I don't see it.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Dobyns-Bennett has better football players and better coaches. Indians are more physical and apply more pressure on defense. Kingsport rolls in this one, especially if they get the ball first. Deferring to the 2nd half when offense is your strength and defense your weakness is a common coaching blunder.

I think DB has heard all the one & done stuff they want to hear. I look for them to show how good they are. GC needs to show SC to be the man you gotta beat the man. I know you don't want any one hurt with the playoffs coming( or any other time for that matter) but I'd like to see CS push it in one more time with 2 seconds left to make the score 100 to 0. I mean that is the SC way is it not ???????

I think DB has heard all the one & done stuff they want to hear. I look for them to show how good they are. GC needs to show SC to be the man you gotta beat the man. I know you don't want any one hurt with the playoffs coming( or any other time for that matter) but I'd like to see CS push it in one more time with 2 seconds left to make the score 100 to 0. I mean that is the SC way is it not ???????

Amen....the message from GC to SC...."you might have a new team but I'm giving you the same old pounding" Roll Tribe

Waco is correct about never looking past.The Mcminn county game should be played every year prior to the playoffs.There we set number 1 in the state and playing a team that couldn't buy a first down until they got the break on the illegal fake punt and then our starting running back went down before the half.You can throw in a couple more films from 2005 and 2006,but we were looking about as good as any of the blow out wins this year in the Mcminn game of 2008.I think whoever we face in the first round needs to be beat and beat bad this year.

Waco is correct about never looking past.The Mcminn county game should be played every year prior to the playoffs.There we set number 1 in the state and playing a team that couldn't buy a first down until they got the break on the illegal fake punt and then our starting running back went down before the half.You can throw in a couple more films from 2005 and 2006,but we were looking about as good as any of the blow out wins this year in the Mcminn game of 2008.I think whoever we face in the first round needs to be beat and beat bad this year.

Good enough Batman, don't look past your opponent, respect all and fear none...rah, rah, rah. but you guys would serve your program better by looking forward and quit dragging the ugly skeletons in your closet out in the open over and over again. Quit talking about the McMinn Co. game. Your rivals do enough of that don't they?

DB should win this one but like they say, anything can happen. This is THE rivalry game for SH so I look for them to come out and give it their best. I was talking to a few other SH fans at the game the other night and one thing they all agreed on is the physical play by this team is not what it should be. These kids just aren't playing physical enough and that's their main problem. They play too soft and that's why their getting dominated at the line of scrimmage. If they don't learn to play tougher, meaner(and I'm not talking "dirty"), they are going to get beat a lot more than they should. SH has some big boys and the fact that they don't play more physical than they do is a little baffling to me and some of the other Topper fans.