Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

DB should win this one but like they say, anything can happen. This is THE rivalry game for SH so I look for them to come out and give it their best. I was talking to a few other SH fans at the game the other night and one thing they all agreed on is the physical play by this team is not what it should be. These kids just aren't playing physical enough and that's their main problem. They play too soft and that's why their getting dominated at the line of scrimmage. If they don't learn to play tougher, meaner(and I'm not talking "dirty"), they are going to get beat a lot more than they should. SH has some big boys and the fact that they don't play more physical than they do is a little baffling to me and some of the other Topper fans.

I learned many times as a coach big don't always make mean

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waco is correct about never looking past.The Mcminn county game should be played every year prior to the playoffs.There we set number 1 in the state and playing a team that couldn't buy a first down until they got the break on the illegal fake punt and then our starting running back went down before the half.You can throw in a couple more films from 2005 and 2006,but we were looking about as good as any of the blow out wins this year in the Mcminn game of 2008.I think whoever we face in the first round needs to be beat and beat bad this year.

I believe I saw where as of this week we are projected to meet Farragut in the first round. Ain't we a lucky bunch? I would take a 1 point win over them and be very happy. Anyway we need to focus on Science Hill this week. They have a pretty good quarterback and some good receivers. Carter likes to throw it around and im sure he's saw the films. Plus you know Mr. Haynie and crew will hand over any info they have on the Indians. We need to come out and make a statement in the first quarter.

I believe I saw where as of this week we are projected to meet Farragut in the first round. Ain't we a lucky bunch? I would take a 1 point win over them and be very happy. Anyway we need to focus on Science Hill this week. They have a pretty good quarterback and some good receivers. Carter likes to throw it around and im sure he's saw the films. Plus you know Mr. Haynie and crew will hand over any info they have on the Indians. We need to come out and make a statement in the first quarter.

Yea,that's about as lucky as the flu bug last year after finally playing DB football in the South game.I hope that we continue to work on the passing game because a team with athletes will put us in some third and longs.I look for the kitchen sink to be thrown at them as allways.

Stacy will want to air it out against DB and he has the wheels to do it with. But throwing deep routes takes time and time is something I don't think he will find much of. And his QB does not know how to handle the press. And I'm not talking about News 11. That is pretty much the game in a nutshell. I don't think I will be at J. Fred this week.

Stacy will want to air it out against DB and he has the wheels to do it with. But throwing deep routes takes time and time is something I don't think he will find much of. And his QB does not know how to handle the press. And I'm not talking about News 11. That is pretty much the game in a nutshell. I don't think I will be at J. Fred this week.

Hey Comp, go on over to Nathan Hale and get a scouting report for us. You can sit with Cap and console him.

Heck, 9 out of 10 guys I've ever known coaching or not, the smaller guys are almost always tougher and meaner. It's like they always have something to prove.

That's true most of the time.When you get a gifted athlete that has all the size as well as the work ethic,that's what makes guys like Franklin from SH and Witten from Elizabethton.A very rare thing in sports.