TSSAA PLAYOFF SYSTEM- ONE RULE ADDED COULD FIX IT

CycloneCyclone

Here is a response from the head of TSSAA about the playoffs.

"Seeding the district winners and runners-up and head-to-head are two things we will ask the committee to look at when they reconvene after the championships."

However this year it will be by the record no matter what. So the teams that played the cupcakes this year will get rewarded with home playoff spots. I hope the lower seeded teams that won head to head and their district embarrasses those teams on their home field and sends a message to TSSAA. Why even have districts anymore they don't mean a thing when it comes to the playoffs. Traditionally good teams will find it hard to get games without traveling hundreds of miles and we are already seeing this happen. This is the worse thing that has happened to high school sports in a long time, when they try and fix one thing they make things ten times worse.

Edited by CycloneCyclone

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, however I do not believe 1A and 2A Schools would play any in 3A and 4A.

What I was trying to say was that I do not believe 1A and 2A schools are going out willingly looking for 3A and 4A teams to play. Notice that the teams you have listed are mostly in the rural areas. Old rivalries, lack of close district teams, and reclassification have caused rural schedules to have more 3A vs 1A games. No Nashville or Memphis area small schools are looking for a bigger fight. Sure most all big schools would like a smaller opponent, but there are plenty of teams to play in their own division and the smaller schools around here just won't do it. So basically rural teams can and do add smaller schools already, but in urban school districts adding smaller schools to 3A or 4A schedules for wins is almost impossible. Finally what I should have said, " I do not believe 1A or 2A schools would just play anybody in 3A or 4A".

Edited by RicFlare

Why can they not change it this year? If you win your conference you are either a 1 or 2 seed or even if you play someone in your conference that you finished a head of you are the home team. How hard is that? It is crazy to say we will wait till the end of the year. It is wrong now so fix the problem. Last year they had 3a all messed up on that Saturday Morning selection show but they did fix it. Do it again and if not then do not say anything about being fair because the playoffs will be a wrong.

Edited by Tab

Why can they not change it this year? If you win your conference you are either a 1 or 2 seed or even if you play someone in your conference that you finished a head of you are the home team. How hard is that? It is crazy to say we will wait till the end of the year. It is wrong now so fix the problem. Last year they had 3a all messed up on that Saturday Morning selection show but they did fix it. Do it again and if not then do not say anything about being fair because the playoffs will be a wrong.

They hate working on Saturday so I don't expect them to fix it this year.

Greeneville is an example of a 4a team playing up with 5a & 6a teams and flat out destroying them...One team was as high as fifth in the state which Greeneville WON 56-7...That team was TN HIGH!!!

But you forget Greeneville has 3000 students to pick from if you count all the NC schools and the truckers kids that get jobs at Landair.

And another 2200 from the county schools. :roflol:

Sorry Devil fans. I had too couldn't resist.

Here's you one rule that could fix it. For every player on a team in an open school district, you add 30 players to your total enrollment when deciding placement of a school. The previous years numbers go towards placement of the school the next time tssaa reclassifies. Private schools have a multiplier, which they should and open zoned districts should have a leveling tool applied as well.

Here's you one rule that could fix it. For every player on a team in an open school district, you add 30 players to your total enrollment when deciding placement of a school. The previous years numbers go towards placement of the school the next time tssaa reclassifies. Private schools have a multiplier, which they should and open zoned districts should have a leveling tool applied as well.

so if an open-enrollment school has say,50 players on there team they have to add 1500 to their enrollment?

so if an open-enrollment school has say,50 players on there team they have to add 1500 to their enrollment?

All public schools can define a seperated zone from other schools. A "natural" zone for said school. Simply structured to find a balance. Your a Greenville fan. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but your county has West Greene High, Greenville High and East Greene High. Those lines should be quite easy to draw. I believe we can all see the state line as a line. I am all for players, parents being where they want to be, but as a team reaps the benefits of the addition they should also be corrected in their numbers by the same. My numbers of 1:30 is just for example.

Edited by likearock

Because it is ALL about the MONEY with the T$$AA

In their divine wisdom, they cannot change things that they KNOW need to be fixed in mid stream (during the season). Lets let the pain train roll and "fix it" next year.

IMHO, the state of Tennessee should have no more than 4 Divisions for "regular" High School Football. A , AA, AAA, AAAA max !!!!! then the "Private" divisions.

My 2 cents

Because it is ALL about the MONEY with the T$$AA

In their divine wisdom, they cannot change things that they KNOW need to be fixed in mid stream (during the season). Lets let the pain train roll and "fix it" next year.

IMHO, the state of Tennessee should have no more than 4 Divisions for "regular" High School Football. A , AA, AAA, AAAA max !!!!! then the "Private" divisions.

My 2 cents

One way teams can fix the TSSAA that allows teams like Greeneville and Alcoa and the private schools that recruit is boycott them when you have to play them. Could you see how much $ TSSAA would lose if the winner of Q1 and the winner of Q3 and Q4 refuse to play Alcoa and just give them their 1,000,000th gold ball. Think of all that money they would lose. Private school should not be allowed to play the public schools. Every other state does that. Until the coaches stand up to them they will keep allowing those teams to cheat.