David Crockett vs Sullivan South

crawdad

Taylor was a great rb that Jordan looked up to..I don't think they used him enough. Jordan picked up on his spin move..he has used it quite often this year.Thats how he got out of that mess against Gate City on the run he got hurt on.As far as Jordan playing Friday night I don't know if they will play him or not..he got released to play before the DB game and then the Volunteer game they waited until the 4th to put him in...I guess to see if his injury was going to hold up...and he ended up the night with 94yds on 16 carries with 13 of them on the finale drive. and then the Science Hill game they didn't even use him..It don't make any sense to me anyhow I will be there Friday night for Senior night our finale stroll across Death Valley..Go Rebels !!!! :thumb:

Well just so you know how I feel, Taylor was given full autonomy to run where he found daylight. Curt taught Taylor to read defenses when he was a Soph. So by his senior year he was an expert at it. He always knew where "not" to go regardless of the play called...occasionally he got fooled but not much. I am not a coach but merely a student of the game but running out of the spread is unlike being a traditional RB. And for a RB to be successful in the spread I feel he has to have the freedom to find his way. And you can tell Jordan that the spin was merely a tactic. But the cutback was a philosophy. With his speed, he should be given the same freedom.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankful for #1 and his determination to play with an injury that doesn't just "get better". Sometimes great things happen when you least expect it but you have to stay ready. Best wishes to the family on Senior Night. I've enjoyed watching him play and hope this season ends well for him. thumb[1].gif

I may be way off base here but it seems to me and a lot of others that #1 was never given a fair shake and is disliked by someone somewhere in Rebel town ???????????

At South, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason.

But be careful. They'll shut us down again......Oh, you're with North. Post on.

Sometimes it's better to change positions then schools.There are some great athletes at every school in the county.It worked out great for BT but it still took some time behind older guys.Each parent and child have to make that call.I've told parents DB was the place for their son.I've told parents Central was the place to stay.I've said go to North if your not happy at most of the county schools.I've told parents in not so many words that if you have a small ,slow,weak and non aggressive boy and are expecting a lot of playing time,you might pick a different sport...Sometimes just being a part of the team is the only option on a great team.It takes the hard working backups just as much as the stars to get ready for friday nights.That's why it's called a team sport.

Sometimes it's better to change positions then schools.There are some great athletes at every school in the county.It worked out great for BT but it still took some time behind older guys.Each parent and child have to make that call.I've told parents DB was the place for their son.I've told parents Central was the place to stay.I've said go to North if your not happy at most of the county schools.I've told parents in not so many words that if you have a small ,slow,weak and non aggressive boy and are expecting a lot of playing time,you might pick a different sport...Sometimes just being a part of the team is the only option on a great team.It takes the hard working backups just as much as the stars to get ready for friday nights.That's why it's called a team sport.

Maybe you should quit telling these people where to go. I never did understand why people, who think they know it all, get involved in huge, personal decisions such as this. There are a few at South who just have to get involved in these matters. I say butt out.

Besides, I don't really understand the point of your post. The discussion was about South's # 1. Should he have changed positions.....schools with 2 games left? Is he slow, weak or non-aggressive? Not! Are the two sophs better than he? I have serious, serious doubts.

Edited by jhilts

Maybe you should quit telling these people where to go. I never did understand why people, who think they know it all, get involved in huge, personal decisions such as this. There are a few at South who just have to get involved in these matters. I say butt out.

Besides, I don't really understand the point of your post. The discussion was about South's # 1. Should he have changed positions.....schools with 2 games left? Is he slow, weak or non-aggressive? Not! Are the two sophs better than he? I have serious, serious doubts.

If they ask what I think ,then they are asking me to be a part of that decision,wouldn't you agree ? If you tie my post into Raiderdad's fair shake post then you might understand it better.Nothing against number 1 at all,we would have love to had him at DB.

You are right about one thing.....way off base

I don't disagree with you on that Crawdad but being a kid I know and care for I wanted to ask the question several on the outside looking in have wondered. I don't see him having much good to look back on about his high school football days and no matter why, that is a true shame.

Good Luck with the rest of your season and playoff run

Edited by 02raiderdad

Hey jhilts when a parent spends 10 long hard years getting his player ready for Friday night and all of a sudden it looks like it may not be a good fit where he is and you see a heart broken( that can be for many reasons talent depth coach and so on) You look at many options. Some kids choose playing time over friends some don't . The main thing is for him to have a great time. Not every one gets lucky and lives where they fit best. Batman talks football where we work like most and is up front and honest not just a DB man. I on the other hand am Raider to my toenails but love all the boys I have coached through the years and pull for them ALL :D

Edited by 02raiderdad

There are soooo many things I could say here, but won't.

I say watch the full video "Boys of Fall" by Kenny Chesney. These kids have but a few Friday nights to enjoy and allow parents and classmates to revel in as well. I just wish they would have fun with their friends and teammates, playing a game they love. Life is about to get serious.

Go Rebels!!! Let's make a playoff push.