David Crockett vs Sullivan South

crawdad

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be way off base here but it seems to me and a lot of others that #1 was never given a fair shake and is disliked by someone somewhere in Rebel town ???????????

he isnt the only one......there are 4 or 5 more for what ever reason hasnt been given a fair shake...#1 is a great kid and great football player.... best of luck to all the sr's friday nite hope to see all of them play...and gl to the raiders...

I'm gald all feel welcome here on the Rebel board including outsiders and your views are important, but I would appreciate it if you would leave your negative input regarding our team and obvious distaste for our coaches decisions at home. I mean contrasting a players positive attributes against his faults is sometimes healthy and beneficial to the player. But stirring a pot of controversy is a bit over the top. Especially at this juncture in the season...and especially given the Rebels current level of focus. Yes, I was guilty of what I speak. I sometimes question coaches decisions but until I can spend a season in their shoes I have no leg to stand on. There are things that go on in school, on the field, and on the street that cause an effect on what happens to the team. You may think you have the whole story of a given chapter of Peyton Place but I assure you that there is always more than the outsider is aware. But irregardless, the best response to this is for the players to ratchet up their level of dedication. And we must reinforce loyalty to the faith. In some circles it is said, "Death before dishonor." Be careful the example you set because it is not merely a game we are teaching. No, something much more important. As this season matures I think it is evident that a late bloom is possible. Let's not disrupt nature. For it seems we are as strong as we could have hoped to be currently and just maybe we might need each and every strength we posess. The Rebel Nation riding The Haynie Train...aalllll aboard!

Edited by compusatman

I'm gald all feel welcome here on the Rebel board including outsiders and your views are important, but I would appreciate it if you would leave your negative input regarding our team and obvious distaste for our coaches decisions at home. I mean contrasting a players positive attributes against his faults is sometimes healthy and beneficial to the player. But stirring a pot of controversy is a bit over the top. Especially at this juncture in the season...and especially given the Rebels current level of focus. Yes, I was guilty of what I speak. I sometimes question coaches decisions but until I can spend a season in their shoes I have no leg to stand on. There are things that go on in school, on the field, and on the street that cause an effect on what happens to the team. You may think you have the whole story of a given chapter of Peyton Place but I assure you that there is always more than the outsider is aware. But irregardless, the best response to this is for the players to ratchet up their level of dedication. And we must reinforce loyalty to the faith. In some circles it is said, "Death before dishonor." Be careful the example you set because it is not merely a game we are teaching. No, something much more important. As this season matures I think it is evident that a late bloom is possible. Let's not disrupt nature. For it seems we are as strong as we could have hoped to be currently and just maybe we might need each and every strength we posess. The Rebel Nation riding The Haynie Train...aalllll aboard!

So you are saying it's okay to have an opinion as long as it's not negative? You say your coach put a squash on posting during the DB week and now your scared to upset the apple cart. I think you guys put way to much emphasis on what goes on in this message board. Just my opinion.

Comp,your correct.The Rebs are playing great ball right now and should keep rolling.It reminds me so much of DB last year except your key player is healthy at this point.I would take no more chances than I had to when any game is in control.Maybe the Rebs can finish strong and avoid a real bad seed for the playoffs.If it was just based on the district alone,South would be in great shape with a couple more wins.I said early on that until South was in the lower half of the conference,would I believe everyones predictions.

Edited by BatmanDB

Ahhhhhh...Another sermon from the compman. Have you considered in some circles you would be considered the outsider? I wish the South kids nothing but the greatest success, but although there have been positive developments lately, you Southers are in for a tough road the next few years. You will see and since you seem to take credit as teacher, gatekeeper, preacher, and recruiter I'll lay it right on you.

Ahhhhhh...Another sermon from the compman. Have you considered in some circles you would be considered the outsider? I wish the South kids nothing but the greatest success, but although there have been positive developments lately, you Southers are in for a tough road the next few years. You will see and since you seem to take credit as teacher, gatekeeper, preacher, and recruiter I'll lay it right on you.

Batmast, I'm sure your circle is a very prominate one. And your George Orwell theories of the fate of South football is the standard in your group. It is interesting that your prediction of total gloom has an interesting twist to it now. But I'm sure that is but a fleeting moment in the overall scheme of things. I'm sorry that total destruction has not occured yet and that you must modify your prediction however so gently. Enjoy the game with your jaded group of cronies and your negative attitude. I'm sure your support is appreciated.

There are soooo many things I could say here, but won't.

I say watch the full video "Boys of Fall" by Kenny Chesney. These kids have but a few Friday nights to enjoy and allow parents and classmates to revel in as well. I just wish they would have fun with their friends and teammates, playing a game they love. Life is about to get serious.

Go Rebels!!! Let's make a playoff push.

Ahhhhhhhh, Let's hug. I agree to an extent, but football, in all honesty, is a lesson in life----- The best sport that's ever, ever been invented----and it was always meant to be serious. I don't ever recall a commercial or documentary showing a football player dressed in a skirt, with foo-foo water on all smelling good, showing Sam Huff (Linebacker) inviting Jim Taylor (Fullback) over to his side of the ball for ice tea and cake. :x:evil::P

Batmast, I'm sure your circle is a very prominate one. And your George Orwell theories of the fate of South football is the standard in your group. It is interesting that your prediction of total gloom has an interesting twist to it now. But I'm sure that is but a fleeting moment in the overall scheme of things. I'm sorry that total destruction has not occured yet and that you must modify your prediction however so gently. Enjoy the game with your jaded group of cronies and your negative attitude. I'm sure your support is appreciated.

Prominent. Yes. But, I did not say my circle. I am an outsider just like you. As much as you wish it were true, fact is you do not speak for all South parents and fans. I had said they would start 0-3, they went 1-3. I also said I hoped they win the rest, but that would only temporarily mask the long term problems of which no small part are the self proclaimed "insiders" such as yourself.