AC vs. Hardin Valley

Space3

wow, ill be totally honest... i went to this game tonight and came away really impressed with AC... they bottled up eskridge pretty much all night... Ac ran the ball A LOT more than they did against oak ridge and it really worked well... you see how much better they are with a balanced attack rather than just passing it and passing it every down.. #15 for AC is a real player, that guy was everywhere tonight, what a game by him..

15, Maze, is a talented player. I liked the more balanced attack too but to be fair HVA's D line ain't Powell's or even OR's D line.

Hope Eskridge is okay. Any word on his condition from the non-existent HVA fans on this board?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15, Maze, is a talented player. I liked the more balanced attack too but to be fair HVA's D line ain't Powell's or even OR's D line.

Hope Eskridge is okay. Any word on his condition from the non-existent HVA fans on this board?

it looked just to be a ankle sprain, hopefully nothing worse... yeah, i am really surprised oak ridge didnt beat HV after seeing that game tonight... oak ridge played the way they did last night they would have beat HV, but they didnt... they were flat i guess... who knows? these matchups freak me out... AC drill HV.. oak ridge beats AC, then HV beats OR? lol who knows.. matchups i guess...AC stopped eskridge, but oak ridges d line couldnt?? just doesnt make sense.. i know oak ridges d line is better than AC? maybe im wrong..

it looked just to be a ankle sprain, hopefully nothing worse... yeah, i am really surprised oak ridge didnt beat HV after seeing that game tonight... oak ridge played the way they did last night they would have beat HV, but they didnt... they were flat i guess... who knows? these matchups freak me out... AC drill HV.. oak ridge beats AC, then HV beats OR? lol who knows.. matchups i guess...AC stopped eskridge, but oak ridges d line couldnt?? just doesnt make sense.. i know oak ridges d line is better than AC? maybe im wrong..

Don't think you're wrong, but that's the beauty of HS football. I think you're right that it's matchups.

While you ae entitle to your opinion, it sure doesn;t mean much. You jump on the bandwagon when AC wins and jump on the complaining, bashing wagon when they lose. You are living in the past and to compare Price and Longmire with Williams is not fair for any of them. AC has had one of the best two years in a long time by going to quarterfinals last year and looks like 8-2 this year. The over 5.0 forty time was for Tyler Brey that is QB for Tennessee and Williams is much faster than that.

Oh well, as far as the price supporters you are when they are winning and then you tell them what defense to run when they lose. Your opinions are just that opinions. The system Gillum runs doesn't give you an arm that can throw the ball 70 yards in the air or make you accurate to your receivers. Interceptions are going to come when you pass almost every down, but the td/int. ratio is overwhelmingly good even when you compare it to college elite. I have no idea why you are negative. True mav fans support their team without trying to bash them. Oh well, you have a great day Mr. Oppressed, but you truly are oppresive, get a life and support these kids. I guess you will start bashing whoever is suppose to be the qb or running back next year soon, because that is your style. Support this team, quit hollering who should be in there at running back or what they should be doing when you really have no clue and are not at the practices each day. I think they are doing fine and they have had a great season. Thanks for the offer for the Klenex tissues but sounds to me like you might need them unless we get to the state championship and win, you will be crying about something else they should have done.

Colonel...oh,my bad...I mean General. We're all entitled to our opinions. And, yes I am the one who never really believed in Williams. I'm still not totally convinced it is not Coach Gillum's system. Once again, I believe Tanner is a great kid. That has nothing to do with his athletic ability. Peyton Manning is a great guy. He NEVER beat Florida, though. Does that mean he is not a good qb? No. Of course, not. Does that mean he has room for improvement? Yes, he does. Even Peyton is man enough to admit that and not get his shorts in a bind. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Prices. My opinion/advise seems to have bothered you a lot more than it did them.

Maybe I've misinterpreted your statement about the 5.0 forty time. Unless you're a lineman that's not very impressive. Once again, just my opinion.

You might look at my statements as being negative (I personally think I've hurt your lil ole feelin's)but being realistic is what they are. You have my permission to interpret them any way you want to. (Now,now,now. How's that? Much better? ...just picture me handing you a Kleenex tissue right about now)

At the end of the day, I'm a MAVERICK fan. Through and through. I have my opinions, just like everyone else. I hope you're not suggesting to EVERYONE on CoachT, that in order to express an opinion, they must get a degree and get into coaching. Besides that, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T?

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours. hahahaha

You have a good evening. I hope YOU are going to the AC/HV game tonight to support Tanner.... and the MAVS.

GO MAVS!!! :thumb:

P.S............Clinton's defense last year couldn't be compared to Powell's defense this year. Or the fact that Coach L did his homework when we played Powell this year.

Are you saying that the TEAM alone lost to Oak Ridge this year when they should have won? Would you agree that the two interceptions played a part in that loss because of the PRESSURE Oak Ridge's defense exhibited?

While you ae entitle to your opinion, it sure doesn;t mean much. You jump on the bandwagon when AC wins and jump on the complaining, bashing wagon when they lose. You are living in the past and to compare Price and Longmire with Williams is not fair for any of them. AC has had one of the best two years in a long time by going to quarterfinals last year and looks like 8-2 this year. The over 5.0 forty time was for Tyler Brey that is QB for Tennessee and Williams is much faster than that.

Oh well, as far as the price supporters you are when they are winning and then you tell them what defense to run when they lose. Your opinions are just that opinions. The system Gillum runs doesn't give you an arm that can throw the ball 70 yards in the air or make you accurate to your receivers. Interceptions are going to come when you pass almost every down, but the td/int. ratio is overwhelmingly good even when you compare it to college elite. I have no idea why you are negative. True mav fans support their team without trying to bash them. Oh well, you have a great day Mr. Oppressed, but you truly are oppresive, get a life and support these kids. I guess you will start bashing whoever is suppose to be the qb or running back next year soon, because that is your style. Support this team, quit hollering who should be in there at running back or what they should be doing when you really have no clue and are not at the practices each day. I think they are doing fine and they have had a great season. Thanks for the offer for the Klenex tissues but sounds to me like you might need them unless we get to the state championship and win, you will be crying about something else they should have done.

Aaaaah, General,Corporal, Sargeant,etc.

How do you know I am not at practices every day??? What you call bashing is merely constructive criticism. It just iritates you because I am not on Williams bandwagon. Never have been. Get over it. It is, what it is. Just my opinion, as I've stated before. Just like your opinion. I guess if we all tried to suppress each other's "opinions", CoachT would be out of business, huh?

Not only can I supply you with Kleenex tissue, I also, can provide you with emotional support and a pat on the back every now and then. How much do you contribute through the booster club every year? Hahahahaha.... :lol:

P.S......and yes, I would love to see the MAV's bring home a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. GO MAVS!!!

Edited by oppressed238

wow, ill be totally honest... i went to this game tonight and came away really impressed with AC... they bottled up eskridge pretty much all night... Ac ran the ball A LOT more than they did against oak ridge and it really worked well... you see how much better they are with a balanced attack rather than just passing it and passing it every down.. #15 for AC is a real player, that guy was everywhere tonight, what a game by him..

BUMP!

While AC can play Powell in the second round of the playoffs, HVA can't. They'll be meeting up with a Farragut, Bearden, Maryville,I or DB, to name a few likely 6A opponents. But I agree with you that the Mavs better be ready. HVA appear to be real good at sthis point in the season.

yea you are correct HVA 6A route to the playoffs. What is confusing is that a lose to Powell 5A and a loss to Oak Ridge 6A still count as district loss for district standings, apparently. If not then AC should have only one loss in the district and even a to a HVA would not have hurt in the playoff direction? Not sure maybe you know.

yea you are correct HVA 6A route to the playoffs. What is confusing is that a lose to Powell 5A and a loss to Oak Ridge 6A still count as district loss for district standings, apparently. If not then AC should have only one loss in the district and even a to a HVA would not have hurt in the playoff direction? Not sure maybe you know.

I haven't studied it that closely but I'm pretty sure all district wins are weighted equally. Last year the system made a distinction at the end in that the top team from each classification within the district made it to the playoffs. This resulted in the crazy situation where White County in a district with only two 5A teams made it to the playoffs with a 1 - 9 record, just because it beat the only other 5A team in the district.

I haven't studied it that closely but I'm pretty sure all district wins are weighted equally. Last year the system made a distinction at the end in that the top team from each classification within the district made it to the playoffs. This resulted in the crazy situation where White County in a district with only two 5A teams made it to the playoffs with a 1 - 9 record, just because it beat the only other 5A team in the district.

I believe they changed it to now you have to be .500 to get an automatic bid from your district. There will be wild cards given out for the teams that have the best record over .500, and if there is any teams left over, then they will give wild cards from their records down. I believe this is correct, but when you talking about this ridiculous system, who really knows anymore.

AC won pretty easy 20 to 0 at half. HV did not impress me at all....

After reading numerous posts of yours, I don't think anyone impresses you!! Did you even go to the game? The score was 13-0 at half time and that was because of a double pass with 35 seconds to go in the half and an apparent major bust by a DB. HV had lost over 100 yards of offense in the first half because of a bunch of penalties. The second half was even with both teams scoring 2 touchdowns in the second half and HV having a pass bounce off a receiver in the endzone only to be intercepted by AC. HV's best offensive player was knocked out of the game in the third quarter by his own teammate as well. I don't have a dog in the fight and am not making excuses for HV. As a matter of fact, friday night, AC was the better team. But "won pretty easy" is probably a little bit of off. With AC's new found running attack, I beleive AC could go deep in the playoffs. AC is getting better each week and it seems that Powell is not. That could be a great game whenever they would match up. I think AC beats Clinton by at least 24 points. Good luck to HV! I think they might get to the second round of playoffs in only there 2nd year of varsity football.

After reading numerous posts of yours, I don't think anyone impresses you!! Did you even go to the game? The score was 13-0 at half time and that was because of a double pass with 35 seconds to go in the half and an apparent major bust by a DB. HV had lost over 100 yards of offense in the first half because of a bunch of penalties. The second half was even with both teams scoring 2 touchdowns in the second half and HV having a pass bounce off a receiver in the endzone only to be intercepted by AC. HV's best offensive player was knocked out of the game in the third quarter by his own teammate as well. I don't have a dog in the fight and am not making excuses for HV. As a matter of fact, friday night, AC was the better team. But "won pretty easy" is probably a little bit of off. With AC's new found running attack, I beleive AC could go deep in the playoffs. AC is getting better each week and it seems that Powell is not. That could be a great game whenever they would match up. I think AC beats Clinton by at least 24 points. Good luck to HV! I think they might get to the second round of playoffs in only there 2nd year of varsity football.

Yes you are correct I meant they got up 20 to 0 before HV scored in the 3rd. As for the flags AC would have scored again if it wasnt the refs throwing close to 30flags in this game. It was crazy all the flags... You could just see AC was a better team.