Cumberland Gap vs. Cosby

veerman8133

Well I've met Coach Shelton and I don't see how someone couldn't like him, as a person or a coach. He's got some good guys helping him too. But I guess everyone has enemies somewhere.

Seems like you always have that guy who just wants to run their mouth. It honestly wouldn't suprise me if this clown hasn't even ever met Coach and his staff. He honestly has no idea what he's talking about. People look on the field and see Herzog run circles around people and wonder why we can't win every game. They don't seem to notice the fact that we only suit about 27 kids and that we start 4 undersized sophomores and a senior on the offensive line. Those things make it hard to win even with an athlete like Herzog.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you PLAYERS have dun a fine job tis yeer.... but come on playoff talk???? if n we mak it lets do the state and boys a favor and not show up.... if we dot beat cum. gap (or cr*p) we reely don t need to think plaoff... saw em vs. claiborn(overrated) and they r turribel!!!! just lik the eagles po coachin that thinks it s great! see you fri. cosby 3 cg 2.

That was pretty rude and disrespectful don't you think? Luckily I know that you don't represent the rest of the Cosby faithful. There are some good people that way. You just showed your ignorance to the masses sir. To call our school cumberland crap??? Really dude? That's pretty juvenile for someone that's "coached" 30 years or whatever it was you said. I'm glad the rest of the Cosby folks have class because you sir...don't. Go Panthers. :angry:

CG - 28

Cosby - 14.

On a side note...This friday's game will be cancer awareness night at CG. I encourage all the CG and Cosby faithful to put on that pink and show support for cancer awareness!!!! :thumb:

We have the Pink ribbon on the helmets already. It was a great thing at Cosby last year when we had the "Pink Out" CG players coaches and fans helped out by showing their support and we are more than happy to return the favor.

That's awesome eagle. I'm glad to know that the cosbanian is just some rogue troll that doesn't represent the rest of you guys there in cosby. Im still a little ticked about his comments about cg.

Just like everybody we have our fans that are gonna embarass the rest of us , but he's not even a true "cosbanian" as he puts it. Only goofball transplants thats moved into cosby actually use that cosbanian term.

I was impressed with the class and sportsmanship that cg's players , coaches and fans showed at Cosby last year. Was definitley something you don't see nearly as much as you would like nowadays. I hope we can show the same class up there this year.

I see a high scoring game tomorrow night , these 2 teams like to roll up some yardage against each other dating all the way back to the ole powell valley days.

Just like everybody we have our fans that are gonna embarass the rest of us , but he's not even a true "cosbanian" as he puts it. Only goofball transplants thats moved into cosby actually use that cosbanian term.

I was impressed with the class and sportsmanship that cg's players , coaches and fans showed at Cosby last year. Was definitley something you don't see nearly as much as you would like nowadays. I hope we can show the same class up there this year.

I see a high scoring game tomorrow night , these 2 teams like to roll up some yardage against each other dating all the way back to the ole powell valley days.

Yeah we have a few of those "fans" like that up here too. Want to bash coaches and players all the time. It's ridiculous when it's obvious to see that players and coaches alike are doing everything they can to get a win. There's just years when you gotta face reality and realize that CG is down a little this year. Accept it and go on and find positives.

I appreciate your comments toward our coaches and players. We have some fine coaches at CG. They are good coaches and good men too. They seem to always have the kids best interest at hand. We are proud of our kids too. They are usually a pretty classy bunch. And a lot of that is instilled in them by the coaches I think.

I too remember those Powell Valley days when they would play Cosby. I remember in 93 i think the OT game up at Cosby...what a thriller!!! I hope these two teams can put on that kind of show for the fans tonight! You guys be safe on the way up and I hope we can get a good game. Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Cg- 45 Cosby- 7. Great game by the panthers tonight. They really seemed to be clicking on both sides for most of the night. Good to see those kids still playing hard. Got one left. Lets get this lastone guys!!!!

Man we really laid an egg in the first quarter and just couldn't recover. CG's screen game is second to none! Thought we had a shot to make it close in the second and third quarter but soon as we lost momentum late in the third it was over. Good game to the Panthers I wish we could have gave you our best effort, it might have been a good game.