Gallatin at Lebanon

Verb58

Gallatin visits Lebanon on Friday night. If they are to have any hopes of being a playoff contender they will need to bounce back from an emotional loss to Beech. If they can regroup and continue to improve as they have the past 2 weeks I think it will go well for the Wave. Lebanon has NEVER been an easy contest it's always tough to get out of Wilson County with a W. They like to keep those there. Hoping the Green Wave faithful will show up to support this team that is finding their identity.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin visits Lebanon on Friday night. If they are to have any hopes of being a playoff contender they will need to bounce back from an emotional loss to Beech. If they can regroup and continue to improve as they have the past 2 weeks I think it will go well for the Wave. Lebanon has NEVER been an easy contest it's always tough to get out of Wilson County with a W. They like to keep those there. Hoping the Green Wave faithful will show up to support this team that is finding their identity.

Slow Maynard down you win. One man show at LHS.

Lebanon is led my the Maynard kid. Stop him and you stop Lebanon!!

Gallatin has to get better at tackling or at least hanging on til some help arrives.

Lebanon will be way over matched in this game. Gallatin is very big up front and Lebanon is very small. I look for Gallatin to pound the ball and break a few long runs.

Gallatin 42

Lebanon 14

Not sure if Gallatin can "over match" anybody at this point, but I do believe they will win the game. I was encouraged with better play even in the loss last Friday, but there is still plenty to work on to get to where they should be. Win these last 2 and they could get a first round home game in the playoffs, split and definitely a road game, lose both and maybe out altogether. Still loads to play for!

TSSAA posted projected playoff teams with quads and position today.

Quad 3 as of today will be

1. Beech vs 8.Clarksville NE

2. Columbia vs. 7 Gallatin

3. Lawrence Co. vs. 6 Shelbyville

4. Springfield vs. 5. H-ville

2nd round would be

1-8 winner vs. 3-6 winner

2-7 winner vs. 4-5 winner

These playoff projections could change a lot depending on who does what the final two games, but they do give a good idea of potential opponents. With 2 wins, would that be good enough for Gallatin to jump into the quad top 4 and get a home game in the playoffs? They have to get this next one first!

By the way, 2nd round games would actually be 1-8 vs. 4-5 and 2-7 vs. 3-6.

These playoff projections could change a lot depending on who does what the final two games, but they do give a good idea of potential opponents. With 2 wins, would that be good enough for Gallatin to jump into the quad top 4 and get a home game in the playoffs? They have to get this next one first!

By the way, 2nd round games would actually be 1-8 vs. 4-5 and 2-7 vs. 3-6.

I see some shifting but not much. I think the teams in the south still have a couple of games between each other. You are also correct on the 2nd round and as I far as I'm concerned I like that scenario better.

Don't know why Gallatin doesn't blitz more. Seems to me that when you can put pressure on the Qb and make him have to get rid of the ball faster while your corners play up and not 15 yards off the man, you can get more done. I just don't understand the line of thinking that I am seeing from the Wave.

However, good win tonight!! Tremaine is doing a really good job at QB. I believe he went over 1000 yards for the season passing the ball and now has 13 tds!! Great job!!