Obion Central @ Gibson County

Let me take you back in time...The date was Oct.1st,2004...Place was Troy, Tn....

Gibson County's Pioneers rolled into Troy to play the OC Rebels reeling from the disappointment of 37 straight losses...The Pioneers had not won a game since Week 4 of the 2000 football season when they defeated the Dresden Lions 20-18...No way they could beat OC at Troy..Or could they ??....Well, they did..The Pioneers stunned the Rebels that night 20-13 ending that almost 4 season long losing streak...

Fast forward to Oct.22nd,2010....The Obion Central Rebels roll into Dyer to play the Gibson County Pioneers...The Pioneers have not won a game since Oct.10th,2008..Who did they defeat ??..You guessed it..The Dresden Lions 47-0....The Pioneers have lost a total of 21 games in a row in that span...

A loss here would not only be another embarrassment to the program but would slam the door shut on the slim playoff hopes the Rebels have right now...

I don't know much about Gibson County, I'll let GCPioneer fill you in on them...I know they have a new coach and a big lineman...

A couple of OC players broke two individual records in the Martin Westview game last Friday night... Jr.Tanner Cary caught 12 balls breaking a record set in 2002 by Terez Bacon and Jr.Trey Phipps attempted 54 passes breaking a record by Wes Moore set also in 2002..The Reb QB was one shy of the completion record also set in that 2002 game vs Peabody...Phipps has also eclipsed the 300 yard passing mark the last two games and has around 1840 yards for the year...OC needs to get LaDevin Fair going in this one..Fair is trying to get to the 1000 yard mark for the season...He is a little over 200 yards shy as of now...

Looks like another great night as far as weather goes and looking for a big crowd from the Rebel faithful...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man oh man, you're bringing back the memories of the good times, lol. We powered the ball right down the middle the whole night against the Obion Co. defense. Also, we knocked out the OC QB, Garret Grady, at the very beginning of that game which gave us alot of confidence throughout the rest of that game.

Also, we don't have a RB this year that is capable of running for 7 TD's and 375 yards rushing in one game either so that might be out the window as well. That just makes me want to in the living room and watch the highlight film.

Anyways, as for this years game, anything is possible. We have faced the spread in several different games. Ripley probably being the most potent that we've faced. Our line is big, however we've lost a player or 2 in the mist of this tough season. I hope our guys come out on Senior night with confidence that they can play with OC. Milk the clock with o offense and shut down OC's high powered offense. How great would that be!

P&G, you coming to Dyer Friday?

Edited by GCPioneer

Man oh man, you're bringing back the memories of the good times, lol. We powered the ball right down the middle the whole night against the Obion Co. defense. Also, we knocked out the OC QB, Garret Grady, at the very beginning of that game which gave us alot of confidence throughout the rest of that game.

Also, we don't have a RB this year that is capable of running for 7 TD's and 375 yards rushing in one game either so that might be out the window as well. That just makes me want to in the living room and watch the highlight film.

Anyways, as for this years game, anything is possible. We have faced the spread in several different games. Ripley probably being the most potent that we've faced. Our line is big, however we've lost a player or 2 in the mist of this tough season. I hope our guys come out on Senior night with confidence that they can play with OC. Milk the clock with o offense and shut down OC's high powered offense. How great would that be!

P&G, you coming to Dyer Friday?

Yeah with my dad....He doesn't miss the grandson play....treefitty74 won't be there though....He will be on his way to Knoxville to see UT-Bama....

Not related to this game but interesting to OC fans nonetheless...The two undefeated state ranked 4A Missouri schools that OC played this year met in Cape Girardeau tonight....

#5 (8-0) Sikeston beat #9 (8-0) Cape Central 21-0....

Still think that Sikeston was the best team OC has played this year (OC lost 42-34)....Most definitely the most impressive athletes....Sikeston has now won 22 of their last 23 games...Cape Central has turned a program around that had lost 13 straight coming into this season....

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=13368591

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Central wins tonight over GC 41-21. Congrats to the Rebels.

It was a hard hitting game all night with the referees forgetting where their yellow flags were in the first half. Worst officiating I've seen this year. They were horrible for both teams.

On a positive note for GC, Michael Keel rushed for around 210 yards tonight which is a career high for him and a season high for Gibson Co. We travel to Peabody next week to take on the Golden Tide. Nothing would be sweeter than to beat Peabody in their last game ever at Freed Field.