A/AA Playoff Contest round IV

BigG

On the "Scores Only" thread (what part of Score Only is difficult for people?), you asked what can a team do not to score 13. According to Soddy fans, your starters should not even have played. They claim that in such a situation as a district playoff game, their coach does not play their starters. I don't happen to agree with this philosophy, but it is an option.

I'm with you on this - when do you decide to play your starters (assuming you are in a very weak district/region) - when you get to Chattanooga? Think that's a little late. Fortunately this team has played a very strong out of district/region schedule. :twisted:

Edited by scoop4612

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were you, which I am not, I would be MUCH more proud of the fact that Greeneville has competed with some of the best teams in the state and had great results there, rather than focusing on the 32-1 district scoring results.

Not sure but think you misunderstood my point - my responce was to someone asking why Region 1 (along with a couple of others) was having only a regional playoff vice a district and a region. Don't know this for sure, so much is opinion (for whatever that is worth :roflol: ) Believe its pretty much accepted that Greenville is the team to beat in the region - based upon ultimate decision of having only a regional playoff (again, in my opinion) the other schools did not want a repeat of last year, of which I provided supporting facts, of which the 32-1 total score was one, and these same schools did not want their teams repeating the "trama" they experienced during the regular season: Greeneville 6-0 in region with combined score of 44-1 (again one of those victories was a forfeit) . . . and that was with starters playing significantly less than half of each of those matches. Unfortunately for those girls (all 11 starters are seniors), they received significantly less playing time then they ordinarily would have due to the quality of the opposition, and their coach's desire to keep scores respectful. Mind you, those scores were achieved with multiple restrictions being applied (for instance last night once the score got to be 8-0, the only shots the girls were allowed to take were headers.) Believe me I am very proud of what those girls have done - both on the field and off - the last two years they have received national recognition for academic achievement - last year's team (26 players) had a combined 3.76 GPA. :thumb:

Edited by scoop4612

From the Running up the Score thread-2010 edition...looks like Greeneville ties for top dog scoring machine... :thumb:

Posted 3 weeks ago

UPDATE-Winning spread so far is at 13 from what I have come across...

White House 13 v Hillwood 0 September 2

Station Camp 13 v Lebanon 0 September 2

Rossview 13 v Springfield 0 September 13

We want to request a waiver to our score: 1st team 8 :mrgreen: ; 2nd team 4 :thumb: ; 3rd team 1 :P

Not sure but think you misunderstood my point - my responce was to someone asking why Region 1 (along with a couple of others) was having only a regional playoff vice a district and a region. Don't know this for sure, so much is opinion (for whatever that is worth :roflol: ) Believe its pretty much accepted that Greenville is the team to beat in the region - based upon ultimate decision of having only a regional playoff (again, in my opinion) the other schools did not want a repeat of last year, of which I provided supporting facts, of which the 32-1 total score was one, and these same schools did not want their teams repeating the "trama" they experienced during the regular season: Greeneville 6-0 in region with combined score of 44-1 (again one of those victories was a forfeit) . . . and that was with starters playing significantly less than half of each of those matches. Unfortunately for those girls (all 11 starters are seniors), they received significantly less playing time then they ordinarily would have due to the quality of the opposition, and their coach's desire to keep scores respectful. Mind you, those scores were achieved with multiple restrictions being applied (for instance last night once the score got to be 8-0, the only shots the girls were allowed to take were headers.) Believe me I am very proud of what those girls have done - both on the field and off - the last two years they have received national recognition for academic achievement - last year's team (26 players) had a combined 3.76 GPA. :thumb:

Greeneville is in a tight spot, being a very strong team in a region without much competition. Those on the boards know I am a huge Greeneville fan, so understand that I am not bashing the program. Just want to make sure the focus is on the quality wins vs. the required district wins.

That is awesome about the GPA. Hopefully, coach will register that with the NSCAA!

So, good luck, Lady Devils. We hope to see you at state, and NOT BEFORE!!!

Can someone explain to me how the Region 1, 7 & 8 brackets work since the TSSAA just has the two districts listed as 4 games in each region..

D

Speaking for Region 7, one of the districts that make up this region only has two teams the other has nine. We combined the two and only have a regional tournament. I suppose the TSSAA website will only keep up with the last four games of said tournament. I believe region 8 is in a similar situation.