A/AA Playoff Contest round IV

BigG

So I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that I'm the youngest one in this competition and the only one without a full-time job (currently a substitute teacher.) Had a lot of free time today and decided to make this easier on everyone else. Did some figuring and this is what I have after the first round...

(Out of a possible 12)

yoduke 9**

Cannon 8

DonCChatt 8

Coniglio 7

CHAMPDDS 7

MVM 7

DCURTIS 7

rgossett14 7

reaction 6

BigG 6

ballbasher30 6

**Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think your Sectional winners are possible. If Dyersburg wins thier Regional final and if McNairy had lost their final (as you predicted), they would meet in the Sectionals meaning only one can go to state.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that I'm the youngest one in this competition and the only one without a full-time job (currently a substitute teacher.) Had a lot of free time today and decided to make this easier on everyone else. Did some figuring and this is what I have after the first round...

(Out of a possible 12)

yoduke 9**

Cannon 8

DonCChatt 8

Coniglio 7

CHAMPDDS 7

MVM 7

DCURTIS 7

rgossett14 7

reaction 6

BigG 6

ballbasher30 6

**Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think your Sectional winners are possible. If Dyersburg wins thier Regional final and if McNairy had lost their final (as you predicted), they would meet in the Sectionals meaning only one can go to state.

Wow! You have now been promoted to official grand poo ba score keeper!

One correction: Could you please move me above Reaction? He just copied and pasted my predictions. He doesn't deserve top billing.

If Yoduke messed up his sectionals, then he just doesn't get the points. He can re-start with the rest of us at state (heaven knows I'll need to restart!)

Wow! You have now been promoted to official grand poo ba score keeper!

One correction: Could you please move me above Reaction? He just copied and pasted my predictions. He doesn't deserve top billing.

If Yoduke messed up his sectionals, then he just doesn't get the points. He can re-start with the rest of us at state (heaven knows I'll need to restart!)

No keep me on top. Maybe had I made the picks, we wouldn't be getting waxed.. Note to anyone taking a test around BigG, do not cheat off of him. :roflol:

Edited by reaction

(Out of a possible 12)

Coniglio 7

reaction 6

BigG 6

If you're a substitute teacher younger than 20, then yes, you're the youngest.

However you probably do have a lot more free time than me.

I also want to point out that I'm still beating the BigG/Reaction combo.

I won't be around for the next couple days. Going to Pittsburgh for A10s on Saturday. First time I get to represent Xavier in a championship type race. Big deal. Real pumped.

(Out of a possible 12)

yoduke 9**

Cannon 8

DonCChatt 8

Coniglio 7

CHAMPDDS 7

MVM 7

DCURTIS 7

rgossett14 7

reaction 6

BigG 6

ballbasher30 6

Yoduke is disqualified, so me and DonC win first round.

I also want to point out that I'm still beating the BigG/Reaction combo.

I won't be around for the next couple days. Going to Pittsburgh for A10s on Saturday. First time I get to represent Xavier in a championship type race. Big deal. Real pumped.

The race aint over yet... still have plenty of points available. One point is insignificant this early.

Good luck. Give me a text when you finish to let me know how you did.

Drumroll...

After the 2nd round:

(Out of a possible 28)

DonCChatt 22

Coniglio 21

CHAMPDDS 21

rgossett14 21

Cannon 20

yoduke 19

MVM 19

DCURTIS 19

BigG/reaction 18

ballbasher30 16

23...you win.

The powers are aligned against me. Coniglio probably just picked at random and is tied for 2nd. I actually researched and looked at Eurosport for scores....

Coniglio is like the people who pick the NCAA march madness winners based on the pretty uniforms, and win.

Groan...

Here's to the bracket of death:

Notre Dame

Greeneville

CPA

Page

Don't know if it will happen (or if it is even possible) but we'll see how the dark arts prevail. Bwooo haaa haaa :twisted:

Last year, ND, Greeneville, and Page were on the same so I guess it could happen again. I don't think CPA and Page can be on the same side based on what you said about Greeneville and CAK. These teams cannot be on same side: ND and McMinn Central, CAK and Greeneville, Page and CPA, Dyersburg and McNairy.

Who is the team to beat? Are you sticking with Greeneville?

OK, team I want to win? Easy! CAK

Tougher question?

Team to beat:

Well, Greeneville is rockin' right now. While their district schedule didn't hold much challenge for them, they played the "big dogs" and not only held their own with them, they beat a couple of them. Their only losses are from Bearden (2-1) and Farragut 3-2). Remember, Greeneville for years, has battled in AAA. They also have a feather in their cap for taking on, and beating, CAK earlier in the season. They also made it to the state semi finals last year, and lost to ND (I believe).

In my mind, they are the team to beat. Not because they are the best team (which, they very well may be) but because I believe they have a hunger that some of the other teams don't have. I think they want to win SO badly, they will be tough to knock off. BUT, their one weakness, is the fact that they haven't "been there, done that". All too often, that can come and bite you when least expected. The "deer in the headlight" as it were. If they can overcome that, and not get nervous, shell shocked, or over anxious, they have a great chance.

ND and CAK are my other two top choices. Notre Dame has the same desire as Greeneville (not having won it can really drive you) but from their results in regular season, may not have as much as they had last year.

CAK has the "tough spot" of winning 3 of the last 4, and being the defending state champion. I say "tough spot" because when this happens, it can make the tournament and post season "routine" and not passionate. One can have all the talent in the world, but if he/she doesn't have the drive, then lesser teams can overcome you. If CAK will light that fire, and want the win, TRULY desire to be champions, I know they can bring home the trophy. They sure have the talent and coaching to do so. Kayce Campbell, Kia Allen, and Paige Hoffman are 3 of the most dominant high school players. I had the joy of coaching them YEARS ago, and really want them to succeed!

Hopefully, they will post the pairings soon!