A/AA Playoff Contest round IV

BigG

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a pretty sad first attempt at these picks. Picking with your heart never gets you anywhere. I guess I will join those in the losers bracket lining up for the re-pick of the state bracket.

Take note though guys and girls for future contests. White House is young. The major contributors are ALL Sophomores and Freshmen. Every girl returning is a club player. We lose 4 seniors and only have one junior on the squad. We'll be 20 deep and a year stronger. District 10 and Region 5 will run thru BDP for the foreseeable future.

I am expecting and hopeful for a MUCH tougher regular season next year to get us ready. You can't play 3 tough games all season and be ready for this level of competition.

Guys, if you would, score yourselves. The point breakdown is in the first post of this thread. You don't have to total the score until this weekend after sectionals.

By my math then, I think I have 18 points after the first round. Seriously, in regions 1 - 6, I picked 7 out of the 12 possible winners. I also got both Region 7's, though I can't remember if that happened before or after I picked them.

Just for clarity's sake...

Am I correct in assuming that we are not including the Region 7 and 8 semifinals since they had already taken place before Tuesday 10/26? This would give a possible total of 12 points for the first round (12 games, 1 point for each.)

All of the Region finals count because they were all played on or after Tuesday. This would be a possible total of 16 points (8 games, 2 points each.)

Sectionals are 4 points each. 8 games for a possible 32.

Highest possible total: 56

Just for clarity's sake...

Am I correct in assuming that we are not including the Region 7 and 8 semifinals since they had already taken place before Tuesday 10/26? This would give a possible total of 12 points for the first round (12 games, 1 point for each.)

All of the Region finals count because they were all played on or after Tuesday. This would be a possible total of 16 points (8 games, 2 points each.)

Sectionals are 4 points each. 8 games for a possible 32.

Highest possible total: 56

Correct