Knox Central vs. Powell

osunut2

I am happy for the entire Powell team this year, but I'm especially happy for the seniors. Several of those guys have been Panthers since they were old enough to put on a helmet and waddle around Levi field. They have eat, breathed, and drank nothing but Panther Pride their entire football career. Austin Smith, James Michael Ussery, Matt Meade, Nick Webb, Hunter Hodge & Brady Williams all got their start on Powell teams from Jr.Hoppers on up. They've all worn the Black and Orange and represented the community very well. Hats off to them and all the other seniors on the team for helping to turn things around this year. Good luck against Central, hug your mom's proudly when introduced, and make a great run into the playoffs.

wave.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell is very good this year. I just looked at the state rankings and they dropped to 18. They were ranked like 9 a week ago. I don't see how u can drop if ur still winnin and still playin good but either way there still fun to watch. Does anyone think they can take state.

Anything is possible. They need to stay healthy if they want to make a deep run.

Powell is very good this year. I just looked at the state rankings and they dropped to 18. They were ranked like 9 a week ago. I don't see how u can drop if ur still winnin and still playin good but either way there still fun to watch. Does anyone think they can take state.

Not sure what state rankings you are looking at. Powell is still #2 in the 5A AP poll.

You are most likely looking at a computer "power" ranking that takes in to account the strength of schedule and strength of schedule of opponents played to date. Powell just got through playing an 0-8 team, so the strength of schedule was going to drop. It will likely drop again this week after playing a 2-6 Central team.

Powell is most likely going to be a #1 seed in Pod 1. That's really the only ranking that matters at this point. Beginning at 7 PM Nov. 5 there will be 32 teams that will all be dead even.

Not sure what state rankings you are looking at. Powell is still #2 in the 5A AP poll.

You are most likely looking at a computer "power" ranking that takes in to account the strength of schedule and strength of schedule of opponents played to date. Powell just got through playing an 0-8 team, so the strength of schedule was going to drop. It will likely drop again this week after playing a 2-6 Central team.

Powell is most likely going to be a #1 seed in Pod 1. That's really the only ranking that matters at this point. Beginning at 7 PM Nov. 5 there will be 32 teams that will all be dead even.

I did not call him a "Trouble Maker" just said that some Powell people have been saying he got in trouble at school and was not suspended because Coach Lowe came to the Rescue and sat him out of the CC game! Well anyway good luck to Powell and hope he does play tonight and we will see what happens!

I did not call him a "Trouble Maker" just said that some Powell people have been saying he got in trouble at school and was not suspended because Coach Lowe came to the Rescue and sat him out of the CC game! Well anyway good luck to Powell and hope he does play tonight and we will see what happens!

Didn't mean to infer anything, but that's just not true.

Well that statement shows your knowledge of the Powell Program... and that is absolutely NOTHING. You are 100% wrong. From now on anything you says can be taken with a grain of salt due to your inaccurate statements above. Hope you have a better day :rolleyes:

Powell 22

Central 20.

Central played an excellent game. Powell struggled but still ends the regular season at 10-0.

Mobley & Logan played.

Can't be, because according to HTV Powell had their freshmen in the game in the 2nd quarter! :thumb: Congratulations Powell on a great season. Hope we can play with your freshmen and third stringers in the playoffs!

Can't be, because according to HTV Powell had their freshmen in the game in the 2nd quarter! :thumb: Congratulations Powell on a great season. Hope we can play with your freshmen and third stringers in the playoffs!

No, not tonight, although there were a couple of freshmen on the field on special teams as there have been pretty much all year.