CLOUDLAND @ HAMPTON

BDF36

Doin good Pujo, thanks for asking. He is tough as nails, even practiced a little yesterday. Should be ready for the playoffs. Raring to go.

I hope he gets better in a hurry. He is tough as nails and the Dogs will miss him on both sides of the ball. I think he has been a little bit underappreciated this year but not by me. I have watched him make plays all year. Tell him to get well.

I hate to say it, I am a bulldog fan, but they do not have any mental or physical toughness. Laying around whinning and missing games. Cloudland will win this one. Probably 30 to 20. I am so disgusted with playing 2 or 3 quarters and laying down. I don't think I will attend. As someone said earlier this year, if they would take off their panties and put on a jock strap they could be real good. But I don't believe its in the cards. Too bad. There are exceptions to the toughness, Ward and Smith are the definition of toughness.

That's BS! Ward and Smith are tough but there are many, many others who are just as tough. I have not seen any of them lay down? There have been injuries and they have not played their best ball for 4 quarters several times...but I have not seen any of them quit.

You sound just like me trying to defend myself and team and say I'm not making excuses after we lost to Hampton. You guys pounded me for making "Excuses". I guess it's your turn to make em. I do recall lots of Hampton fans saying they don't make excuses. You got beat by a better team get over it. Sometimes when you lose to a bigger school with more players , and resources , fan support , coaches , dry rubber balls to kick with , you just have to live with it and move on. :mrgreen:

I guess you just don't really understand. If you could see the replays like I did and how bad the calls they made were blown, you would understand. You are always going to have calls that don't go your way in a game and you have to play though it. This is different. The TSSAA has the evidence by now I'm sure. There was definately something fishy going on Friday nite with the calls of one official. I would say when the TSSAA sees what I saw, he will not be working high school games anymore and he shouldn't. I still think Hampton is the better team but it is very close. Because of one official's "agenda" we will never know.

I hope he gets better in a hurry. He is tough as nails and the Dogs will miss him on both sides of the ball. I think he has been a little bit underappreciated this year but not by me. I have watched him make plays all year. Tell him to get well.

He,s a huge part of the teams success, be glad when he returns.

That's BS! Ward and Smith are tough but there are many, many others who are just as tough. I have not seen any of them lay down? There have been injuries and they have not played their best ball for 4 quarters several times...but I have not seen any of them quit.

The thing is all kids are different,some are bigger,some are faster and some are just simply tougher, Ward and Smith are 2 very good examples, not the only 2 ,but 2 good ones. There not clones,as a coach ,you try to get the smaller one,s bigger and stronger ,the slow ones faster and the not so tough ones tougher.But all in all its a team thing and its their team. The biggest problem I've seen from this team all season is ,they only play to their potential when they feel challenged. Its a good thing they can do that ,but some of the challenges wouldn't be so hard if they would just play as hard as they can ALL the time.

You sound just like me trying to defend myself and team and say I'm not making excuses after we lost to Hampton. You guys pounded me for making "Excuses". I guess it's your turn to make em. I do recall lots of Hampton fans saying they don't make excuses. You got beat by a better team get over it. Sometimes when you lose to a bigger school with more players , and resources , fan support , coaches , dry rubber balls to kick with , you just have to live with it and move on. :mrgreen:

In all fairness oldeagle,I think you would have had to see the game to determine if Hampton simply got beat by a better team.Trust me Hampton went toe to toe with them all night.They got a few big plays and we had some big ones called back. That was the difference in the game. Hampton didn't move the ball like they usually do and that was because of HV,but Hampton won the line of scrimmage. If these 2 teams played again ,I don't have a clue who would win, but it would be worth watching.

Not sure which is your boy, but I thought that Hampton looked pretty good. They have a good staff and players. They really play hard.

Would you say Cloudland's Jr High team is as good or a bit better than Hampton's? My 2nd boy played some aau ball this summer with a few of them and they (cloudland) looked pretty tuff! I know this is off subject... sorry :(....but bluengold started it :o

Edited by uknoit2

Feel free to stay home, better yet go on the Cloudland side. I'll be bringing my son who got out of surgery today, feel free to come tell him hes not mentally and physically tough. :twisted:

paradox, I agree your son is a good athlete and a big part of the team and will be missed Thursday night. There are other tough players on the team too. I just gave two examples but if you or anybody that has watched this team has not seen some of the best and most talented not play too their potential their blind. They have great talent and I don't want to name names but there are some on the team that have not played a full game without some type of injury. Have you seen Smith or Ward out a single play all year? :angry:

Would you say Cloudland's Jr High team is as good or a bit better than Hampton's? My 2nd boy played some aau ball this summer with a few of them and they (cloudland) looked pretty tuff! I know this is off subject... sorry :(....but bluengold started it :o

I didn't get to see your guys play but we are pretty darn good. Especially defensivly. They held a pretty good T.A.Dugger team to 4 or 6 points in the 1st half last night.pressure,pressure,pressure on the ball all the time. Got good depth too. All 5 starters and the 1st 3 or 4 off the bench can score the ball pretty well.